Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ants On The Move

2 posters

Go down

Ants On The Move Empty Ants On The Move

Post  adrian ss Mon Mar 13, 2023 3:20 pm

The ants beneath our hot water tank have been moving house and eggs for a couple of weeks now.
    They are going 10 metres along the pergola pavers, 15 metres along the driveway and approx 8 metres down the sloping part of the driveway.
They are moving in a 4 x 4 line and are going flat chat non stop. Where do they get their energy from?? These ants have been moving for approx 2 weeks now and that means hundreds of thousands of ants. Ants often will move their nest uphill if heavy rain is on the way within a week or thereabouts but these clowns are moving downhill? What do they know that we don't?? affraid

Last edited by adrian ss on Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:22 am; edited 1 time in total
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4365
Registration date : 2015-07-03

big fella likes this post

Back to top Go down

Ants On The Move Empty ANTS ON THE MOVE

Post  mogy Mon Mar 13, 2023 7:17 pm

The follow up story will be  " how did the ants know my hot water  tank was about to burst" ?

mogy
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2011-08-26

adrian ss likes this post

Back to top Go down

Ants On The Move Empty Re: Ants On The Move

Post  adrian ss Mon Mar 13, 2023 7:37 pm

I should have said; "Where my HW tank used to be". Just a concrete slab now. The tank is up on the roof with the solar panels .
Just went and had a look and those little buggers are still going and no sign of slowing down.
I placed a couple of drops of ant rid in their pathway and they have not so much as given it a sniff. scratch
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Tue Mar 14, 2023 11:56 am

Well now the silly buggers have changed their minds and are bringing their eggs back up the driveway and have really put the pedal to the metal and are moving way faster than yesterday. I wouldn't mind having a bit of whatever it is that gives them so much tireless energy.. Laughing
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

big fella likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:26 am

So here we are another 14 days down the track and these ant are still going; must be millions of them beneath my driveway...maybe that is why it is subsiding a bit?. I reckon if anything inherits the earth it will be ants. pale
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down