Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Join the rebellion today (NSW & ACT Prospectors and Fossickers Association Inc)

+12
Rwork
AUoptimist
Show Me The Gold
rossco
Jigalong
kim
Dannyboy
Detectist
Ronnie
philip.j.thompson
Tributer
Imadogman
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Join the rebellion today (NSW & ACT Prospectors and Fossickers Association Inc) Empty Join the rebellion today (NSW & ACT Prospectors and Fossickers Association Inc)

Post  Imadogman Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:07 pm

We now have a lobbying group for NSW & ACT. cheers We are still getting to the nice bits like a website etc but we need to get membership rolling NOW.

If you live in the area or prospect there, please join by completing the form at the bottom of this note, and send it in with your $20 foundation membership fee.

For your information the steering committee that formed at the Goanna Gold Muster in November met several weeks ago on the eve of the 158th anniversary of the Eureka uprising and formed the association there and then. An auspicious date to be sure! We were formally incorporated on December 6th . We appreciate the moral support and encouragement of PMAV and the Hon Robert Brown, MLC of the NSW Shooters and Fishers Party.

The foundation committee is as follows:
President, Stephen Dangaard
Vice President, Damien Alm
Secretary, Ernie M Mollenhauer
Treasurer and Public Officer, John Standfort
General Committee members – Judy Buss, Mike and Joyce Leonard, Corry Vaessen.

Our Mission

The NSW & ACT Prospectors and Fossickers Association (NAPFA) fights for fairer access to land in NSW and to represent the interests of prospectors and fossickers.

AIMS:

1. To achieve fairer access to land in New South Wales for prospectors and fossickers.
2. To make submissions to the Crown, Parliament, Members of Parliament, Legislative Assembly, Statutory bodies, Local Government and other organisations deemed relevant, on matters affecting prospecting and fossicking.
3. To provide a peak body to advise the Government on matters that may affect the interests of members of the Association.
4. To support members of the Association to prospect and fossick in a safe and responsible manner.
5. To promote the image of prospecting and fossicking in NSW & the ACT.
6. To work with like representative bodies elsewhere to advance the interests of members.

BACKGROUND
The sad fact is that in NSW access to prospecting and fossicking land has been severely eroded in recent decades by the dominance of conservation values over
the heritage value of our prospecting and fossicking history and culture. A proud activity that helped lay the foundations of NSW has been downgraded and
marginalised by other interests. We seek to celebrate and honour Australia's golden history by continuing the prospecting and fossicking traditions practiced by countless Australians since the discovery of gold in NSW in 1851.

We want more opportunities for more people to reconnect with our golden history and to experience national parks and other reserves through prospecting and fossicking. We believe balance needs to be restored between conservation of the environment and access for our low impact recreational activity.

NAPFA seeks to develop a good working relationship with Government and the relevant committees whose work has an impact on our members' ability to prospect
and fossick. We also seek to have links with various regional and metropolitan fossicking and lapidary clubs and other groups whose interests, especially on access matters,
coincide with ours. We support other state associations with similar objectives to ours.

Membership application
NSW & ACT Prospectors and
Fossickers Association Inc (NAPFA)

NAPFA encourages all prospectors and fossickers in NSW and the ACT to become members of the Association which will fight to improve prospecting and fossicking access in NSW.

Remember that in 1854 at Eureka the diggers swore an oath: “We swear by the Southern Cross to stand truly by each other and fight to defend our rights and liberties”. They eventually won the day.

Now we invite you to ‘Join the Rebellion’ for better access in NSW. Help us to help you!

To join NAPFA, complete the application form on the other side of this page and return it to:

The Hon. Secretary (Membership)
PO Box 2664
Carlingford Court NSW 2118

Special Introductory Foundation Membership Offer (expires 30 June, 2013 and will need to be renewed then) is just $20 per person. (Additional membership categories will be determined at our first Annual General Meeting. Note that all applications for membership are subject to the approval of the NAPFA Committee.)
Payment options:

1. By direct deposit, please add your surname and initials (this is to ensure we can identify your payment easily) Our banking details are:
NSW & ACT Prospectors and Fossickers Association Inc
Bank: Westpac - BSB: 032 282 Account Number: 272392

2. By cheque, please make payable to NSW & ACT Prospectors and Fossickers Association Inc. Send cheque to address above.

At this critical stage of our new association any additional donations to help us going would be greatly appreciated, so if you can afford to dig a bit deeper it will be for the cause. There is a lot we want to do on the lobbying front, and a firm financial base will help us do that quickly.

Our new committee is keen to draw on the skills of members to pursue our cause. If you have skills that may be useful to us (e.g. report writing, research and analysis, editing, marketing, public relations, information technology, lobbying, organising) and are willing to lend a hand please let us know by email.

Application for membership of NSW & ACT Prospectors and Fossickers Association Inc.
(incorporated under the Associations Incorporation Act 2009)

(Please print)
I (Full name of Applicant)
...................................................................................................................................
of (Address)....................................................................................................
Town..........................................................................................................................
State........................................Postcode....................................................................
Email address (for news updates and receipt):...........................................................
Phone number: Home:..........................Mobile...............................
Occupation:..............................................................................................................
hereby apply to become a member of the abovenamed incorporated association.
In the event of my admission as a member, I agree to be bound by the constitution of the association for the time being in force.

.........................................................................................………................................

Signature of applicant Date
I, [Full name ] .................................................................................................................................
a member of the association, nominate the applicant for membership of the association.
.........................................................................................………................................

Signature of proposer Date

I, [Full name] .........................................................................................................................
a member of the association, second the nomination of the applicant for membership of the association.

Signature of seconder Date

Please note that the Association Committee will provide proposer and seconder if you do not know anyone who is a member or cannot access a member.

Imadogman
Imadogman
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 375
Registration date : 2011-04-27

Back to top Go down

Join the rebellion today (NSW & ACT Prospectors and Fossickers Association Inc) Empty Re: Join the rebellion today (NSW & ACT Prospectors and Fossickers Association Inc)

Post  Guest Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:16 pm

Congratulation guys/girls and thanks for your hard work there.
I am going to deposit some money for membership tomorrow (after the last camping trip i can afford to give away one nugget ) (hey i am not expecting to be a ticket holder no.1 but could be no1 from Victoria Razz )
Good luck there and wish you all success.
GoldEN

Was not going to wait for tomorrow.Paid and contributed already. Very Happy
Still have to fill up and send the form?

Last edited by golden on Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add)

Back to top Go down

Join the rebellion today (NSW & ACT Prospectors and Fossickers Association Inc) Empty Re: Join the rebellion today (NSW & ACT Prospectors and Fossickers Association Inc)

Post  Tributer Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:22 pm

Hooray. cheers cheers Very Happy
Thankyou to the foundation committee members for putting in the effort and dedicating your time for the good of a hobby you love.
My membership is in the post.

I encourage all NSW members of this forum to standup and become members of NAPFA.
Tributer.
Tributer
Tributer
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1006
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Join the rebellion today (NSW & ACT Prospectors and Fossickers Association Inc) Empty Yep

Post  philip.j.thompson Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:27 pm

Time to roll, regards Phil

philip.j.thompson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 725
Registration date : 2012-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:32 pm

well done dogman
I live and detect in Vic now but the cheque will be in the mail tomorrow morning Very Happy
dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:33 pm

Good job & as Tributer said, Hooray. cheers

First Q: Can you post the "Constitution of the Association" mentioned that members will be bound by?
(we don't want any legal throwbacks now Laughing )

Imadogman wrote: "Our new committee is keen to draw on the skills of members to pursue our cause. If you have skills that may be useful to us (e.g. report writing, research and analysis, editing, marketing, public relations, information technology, lobbying, organising) and are willing to lend a hand please let us know by email."

Second Q: Whats the email address?

Cheers,
FF.

PS; Membership in the post tomorrow and membership fee already transferred. Wink cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:50 pm

Great work guys cheers Really good news.
We will have ours posted tomorrow Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronnie Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:53 pm

Congratulations to all forces behind the movement and the forming of this association. Paperwork printed and will be in the mail.

Ronnie
Ronnie
Ronnie
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2011-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:02 pm

bump, as it belongs at the top.

MODS ; Can this thread be a sticky for a while?

Cheers,

FF.

Back to top Go down

Join the rebellion today (NSW & ACT Prospectors and Fossickers Association Inc) Empty Me and the Mrs

Post  philip.j.thompson Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:02 pm

Cheque is in the mail in the morning plus a little extra to roll the ball. For others concerned your liability is $2 if the company comes undone. I was a serving member/director of a TAB club in NSW for a long while so I do have an idea. If you want a future in NSW get on board. pirat regards to all Phil

philip.j.thompson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:08 pm

ferrousfinder wrote:bump, as it belongs at the top.

MODS ; Can this thread be a sticky for a while?

Cheers,

FF.

Good idea, and has now been done

ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post  Detectist Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:33 pm

Cheque and 2 applications (mrs and myself) is in the mail.

Well done guys!
Detectist
Detectist
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Registration date : 2010-02-27

Back to top Go down

Join the rebellion today (NSW & ACT Prospectors and Fossickers Association Inc) Empty We are the ants

Post  philip.j.thompson Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:41 pm

march my friends, try to include friends and relatives. The time has come to recover our rightes to access the land we were born in. Wink

philip.j.thompson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Dannyboy Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:14 pm

I'm in Very Happy
Dannyboy
Dannyboy
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2012-09-26

Back to top Go down

Join the rebellion today (NSW & ACT Prospectors and Fossickers Association Inc) Empty REMINDER ---- YOU MUST PUT YOUR NAME ON THE BANK TRANSFER REFERENCE FIELD

Post  Imadogman Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:12 am

I have been informed by the treasurer that one of the applications does not have a name on the bank transfer......this is very important....if you don't put YOUR NAME AS A REFERENCE, it on, we don't know who the money is coming from!!

PLEASE TAKE CARE WITH THIS TO AVOID PROBLEMS FOR EVERYONE.

Meanwhile -- thanks for the encouragement and keep those memberships coming in. Pass the word around -- word of mouth is always good -- especially your prospecting mates who may not be on the forum. Print them a form and get them onto it please! cheers.
Imadogman
Imadogman
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  kim Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:37 am

Excellent work to all involved.
Bank transfer for 7 new members plus a little extra, done.
It is so important to have this in NSW.
Thank you for all involved for making it happen.

Nuggets From Down Under
kim
kim
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 315
Registration date : 2009-02-18

http://www.nswgoldtours.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:44 am

posted Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Jigalong Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:08 pm

I sent an application for membership and a hundred bucks. This is a really great effort. Maybe I can do something to help, as I am located in the suburb next to Carlingford Court.
Jigalong.
Jigalong
Jigalong
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1316
Registration date : 2008-11-14

Back to top Go down

Join the rebellion today (NSW & ACT Prospectors and Fossickers Association Inc) Empty Napfa

Post  rossco Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:23 pm

Im in transferred funds and app form in the post asap. Long live Eureka long live the cause. pirat
rossco
rossco
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2011-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:53 am

Both Veronica and I have joined, cheque and paper work is in the mail. Thanks for all the good work in getting this up and running.

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Show Me The Gold Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:34 pm

Well done guys Well done. Awesome effort, cant praise the hard work you guys have done enough. As soon as i get paid next week (sorry but i only get paid fortnightly) my membership will be on the way. Thanks again for all your hard work.
Show Me The Gold
Show Me The Gold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 288
Registration date : 2012-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:12 pm

Congratulations, well done guys. D.

Back to top Go down

Post  AUoptimist Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:45 pm

Hi All,
Great to see the cause off and running, self and better half membership paperwork and $$$s plus a bit in the mail tomorrow.
Cheers, AUoptimist.
PS I have copied and printed the paperwork as well as a dozen entry forms and passed them on to the local lapidary/fossicking club,there appears to be fair interest from their members.

AUoptimist
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2010-08-16

Back to top Go down

Join the rebellion today (NSW & ACT Prospectors and Fossickers Association Inc) Empty Don' t duplicate

Post  philip.j.thompson Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:00 pm

Hi guys and girls, received receipt for joining plus seed money. Thanks and I hope for the future of this hobby others get off their backsides. Wake up call young guns, heaps still there , but will you be able to detect in NSW ( currently Newcastle ,Sydney and Woolongong, they haven,t managed to cross the mountains yet
regards Phil pirat

philip.j.thompson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Rwork Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:52 am

I have forwarded the link to this post to some Vic clubs and PMAV members. I have also posted it on
The Australian Metal Detecting and Relic Hunting forum.
I wonder if Dave from Miners Den could include a flier with his mailouts .

Rwork
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2011-04-20

Back to top Go down

Post  getascripter Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:35 am

I'm in Very Happy (electronic payment) cheers
getascripter
getascripter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1900
Registration date : 2012-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post  OldMogo Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:44 pm

To the committee.

Can we have an official application form in say pdf format attached to the first post. This will make it easier to print off and will also be more formal and professional.

Thanks
Old Mogo

OldMogo
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2009-09-19

Back to top Go down

Join the rebellion today (NSW & ACT Prospectors and Fossickers Association Inc) Empty Link to website now up with PDF.

Post  Imadogman Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:55 pm

Unfortunately I don't think it is possible to post PDFs in these forum postings.

If there is a way please let me know.

Anyway as luck has it, yesterday being a quiet day for me I was able to finally publish a napfa website www.napfa.net

You will find a printable PDF there that does the job. I will post a separate topic about the website to raise profile.

In the meantime -- please join up in numbers if you really want this association to achieve results.

cheers.
Imadogman
Imadogman
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sw1fty Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:19 pm

As soon as you have a Paypal link, donation will arrive ;-))

Sw1fty
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2012-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post  OldMogo Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:12 pm

Imadogman wrote:

Unfortunately I don't think it is possible to post PDFs in these forum postings.

If there is a way please let me know.

Anyway as luck has it, yesterday being a quiet day for me I was able to finally publish a napfa website www.napfa.net

You will find a printable PDF there that does the job. I will post a separate topic about the website to raise profile.

In the meantime -- please join up in numbers if you really want this association to achieve results.

cheers.

Hi imadogman

Went to the new website but every time I try to download the membership form it won't download. It locks up and I have to reboot my PC.

I got an error message the first time saying the file was incomplete or corrupted.

Regards
Mogo

OldMogo
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2009-09-19

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next