Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aircraft Refulers in Australia.

3 posters

Go down

Aircraft Refulers in Australia. Empty Aircraft Refulers in Australia.

Post  adrian ss Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:27 am

The refuellers are on strike for higher wages.

How much do they earn? :
This  much.
https://www.glassdoor.com.au/Salaries/aircraft-refueller-salary-SRCH_KO0,18.htm

Seems to me to be about right for the skill level required for the job.
How much do they want? Good question?
I was Flight Line Ground Crew in the RAAF for twenty years so I know what is involved with aircraft refuelling....It is not a difficult task.

My daughter is the Finance officer for a large Company. The job requires a high degree of expertise and carries a lot of responsibility. She is paid 76 grand a year for keeping all of the companies finances in order.....Millions of dollars per week.

If a refueller wants more money then get a job that requires a higher skill level and caries more responsibility. or in other words, get more  training, move up in the world instead of wanting to be paid as much as highly trained personal Rolling Eyes
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4365
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

Aircraft Refulers in Australia. Empty Re: Aircraft Refulers in Australia.

Post  Axtyr Wed Mar 08, 2023 4:01 pm

They obviously need the pay rise the same as everyone else that worked through the pandemic. They are all heroes, apparently.

I understand that the current cost of living is hurting, but if you're not happy with the money you earn then as you say, better yourself.
I laugh when cleaners go on strike for better pay. How many years at university did they spend to get their cleaning degree. Too many people expect
too much and everyone is a hero for doing their job.

Regards Axtyr.

Axtyr
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 847
Registration date : 2014-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:00 pm

https://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@.nsf/0/598C2E23628BB8FDCA2575DF002DA6B8?opendocument

Formal qualifications are not usually required to work as an Aircraft Refueller. Some workers have a certificate III or IV in driving operations.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Bungarra1 Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:34 pm

I think they are just looking at the CEO's take home pay with bonus's.....

Sayin yeah, I wouldn't mind a piece of that....

And in a way I sympathize.... no rascals worth that money... and if he dropped a million it probably would pay for their rise...

Alan Joyce's salary..... $5,288,000 in 2021 to $5,575,000 for 2022.

makes you sick really...

Bungarra1
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2021-10-23

hugh62 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:17 am

A Woolies trolly collector gets on average 62,000 AUD gross per year.....Some AC Refuellers get as low as 47,000 per year.....Where's the logic in that?.. A trained monkey can be a trolly collector......
    A Refueller has to undergo some training in Safe working conditions around aircraft, They must know how to extinguish various types of fires and likely have to complete First Aid training courses on a regular basis. and of course they must be able to operate their refuelling tankers. How to connect and disconnect the hose from an aircraft without causing static electrical sparks.  Sparks are not wanted during refuelling. affraid

Refuellers do have a bit of responsibility whereas a trolly boy only has to be able to drive a trolly trailer around a carpark at bazillion kph and how to block people from getting their cars out of a parking space and how to curse you when you ask them to move the trailer. Rolling Eyes
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down