Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lunar Rolling Stones

4 posters

Go down

Lunar Rolling Stones Empty Lunar Rolling Stones

Post  adrian ss 2nd February 2023, 9:58 am

These lunar tracks/trails have been known about for some time and the explanation is that they were caused  by rolling / bouncing rocks ??
   So okay then, these rocks are approx 24 metres in diameter which is a pretty biggish rock that would weigh a truck load of tons, even on the moon and I do not see how a rock that large would  bounce anywhere (would not fit in my back yard) or can happily trundle along the lunar surface up hill , down hill, along crater walls across really big surface cracks while maintaining a steady path width. scratch

Lunar Rolling Stones 16751410
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4365
Registration date : 2015-07-03

peterinaust likes this post

Back to top Go down

Lunar Rolling Stones Empty Re: Lunar Rolling Stones

Post  Axtyr 2nd February 2023, 6:20 pm

Only one thing can explain those tracks Adrain, moon snails.

Regards Axtyr.

Axtyr
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 847
Registration date : 2014-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss 2nd February 2023, 7:49 pm

ARGH Geez that's right I'd forgotten about those buggers. Laughing ...Could be worse but...If there were trees on the moon then Drop Bear tracks  would be looking good aye. Q35
Maybe Big G & Son were playing marbles. Remember "Track The tore"
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold 2nd February 2023, 10:57 pm

Speaking of drop bears Adrian, I never new what they were, nor what the meaning of drop bear meant,(& maybe still don't) till one day out bush prospecting, slowly meandering through scrub & tall gum trees, I heard a startling bang about 2 meters or so behind me Shocked
First thing I thought, were a section of heavy tree branch must have snapped off & almost got me, till I turned around to see what were a large Koala on its back.
For a second there I though the critter were dead, but no sooner did I take a step closer to get a better look, I saw it start to move its head slowly from right to left, whilst still on its back front arms extended open & outwards, before turning towards me for a better look. A couple of seconds latter, it slowly stood up, went for the nearest next tree & started to climb up at a fast pace. Shocked
The next thing I thought, surely I can't be that much of an ugly looking bugger, that frightened him more than me? Laughing
Well it didn't take me long to figure out how or why such a large koala bear happened to fall from a tree limb from high above, for I would too, when I'm narked off my face, chewing on those gum leaves day in day out. It must have been doped off its face & tried to grab onto an imaginary near by branch, that were just not there Shocked Q35
Anyways to cut a long story short, all turned out well with the large Koala & hence the saying "drop bears" for if one that size were to drop directly on top of anyone from a certain height, it be curtains I tell ya Shocked Laughing

Cheers Kon T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4514
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

moredeep likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss 3rd February 2023, 7:58 am

Bloody hell Kon!! Yous survived a Drop Bear attack. affraid Few have lived to tell the tale.
I encountered a Drop Spider once pale I was walking along a bush trail that had overhanging tree branches when I heard a noise from behind me, I turned around an there was this bloody big mongrel spider on the ground trying to have a go at my boots. The son of a gun had waited for me to walk under his branch and then launched itself at me no doubt intending to sink its fangs into my neck  Laughing

Looked a bit like this one.
Lunar Rolling Stones Rscn5213

Nice cuddly Drop Bear.
Lunar Rolling Stones Rscn5214
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

moredeep likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep 3rd February 2023, 10:12 am

I've dug of couple of those spider up and boy they don't like it Twisted Evil

https://www.google.com/search?q=mouse+spider&rlz=1C1UEAD_en-GBAU945AU945&oq=mouse+spider&aqs=chrome.0.0i131i355i433i512j46i131i433i512j0i512l6j46i512j0i512.3995j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Number of posts : 1867
Registration date : 2018-05-23

Back to top Go down