Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

COVID-19 survivors are still at greater risk of heart attacks a year after infection

3 posters

Go down

COVID-19 survivors are still at greater risk of heart attacks a year after infection  Empty COVID-19 survivors are still at greater risk of heart attacks a year after infection

Post  planetcare Fri May 06, 2022 11:43 am

COVID-19 survivors are still at greater risk of heart attacks a year after infection
Countries should be prepared for a surge in heart problems, suggests the most comprehensive study on COVID-19 and cardiovascular risk to date.
Since early in the pandemic it has been clear that COVID-19 can damage people’s hearts and blood vessels while they’re fighting off the infection. Now, the first large study to comprehensively assess the long-term impact of COVID-19 on cardiovascular health has suggested that people remain at substantially increased risk of heart attacks, strokes, heartbeat irregularities (arrythmia) and other complications a year after catching COVID-19 – regardless of the severity of their initial illness.The research, which was published in Nature Medicine, suggests governments and health systems should be prepared to deal with an increased burden of cardiovascular diseases in the months and years to come.One year after recovering from their initial infection, COVID-19 survivors had a 72% higher risk of heart failure.
https://www.gavi.org/vaccineswork/covid-19-survivors-are-still-greater-risk-heart-attacks-year-after-infection

planetcare
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 739
Registration date : 2019-09-27

Back to top Go down

COVID-19 survivors are still at greater risk of heart attacks a year after infection  Empty Re: COVID-19 survivors are still at greater risk of heart attacks a year after infection

Post  adrian ss Sun Jul 10, 2022 5:18 pm

went and had my 4th Covid vacc about a week ago. Had the Fizzer Laughing
Well all was well until aprox 8 hours later when I began to feel a bit of muscle pain and then by the time two more hours had passed, my entire body from finger tips to every micrometer of my bod was in much pain along with a blinding headache that all lasted until the middle of the next day after a zero sleep night ( about 16 hours in toto.)Not a fun night. The only vaccines that I have ever had a reaction to in my entire life so far has been to the Fizzer (Pfizer ) Covid vaccines
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4328
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

COVID-19 survivors are still at greater risk of heart attacks a year after infection  Empty Re: COVID-19 survivors are still at greater risk of heart attacks a year after infection

Post  Kon61gold Sun Jul 10, 2022 11:08 pm

Its a difficult one to work out gents, for Covid-19 continues to mutate/change & bring forth health issue, after health issue.
From the news I've read so far, coming from immunologists/doctors across the globe, long term covid & the affects its had or having on some people is now just starting to be understood. It has also now been found & said, that people who have caught covid-19 & recovered from such, are now apt or prone to contracting this new strain/variant (Ba.5) as close as a month or two after recovering from covid-19, meaning no one is safe or immune from contracting this new covid-19 variant, whether they've had covid & recovered from such before, or that of people being fully vaccinated. Its just that the ones kept up to date by being fully vaccinated, are most likely to be, the highest protected from being hospitalized from covid-19.
The missus & I too will be booking our selves in for our fourth shot of Pfizer Adrian. I can only go by what has been recommended by our health authorities & hope for the best.
Now with no regulatory safety measures currently set in place, this new & most contagious covid-19 variant of all (Ba.5) will no doubt, catch many a person off guard, for just about everywhere I go, especially that of indoor places/venues (less hospitals, doctors wards & nursing homes) neither social distancing, nor a majority of people are wearing any N95 surgical masks.
There is a new vaccine in the making, concentrated more so for battling this new current BA.5 variant, but we here down under, most likely wont see it brought in, till sometime November/December of this year (& that's if, everything goes right & falls into place).
Its up to each & every individual, to do their own homework (regarding covid vaccinations) in order to make a careful & conscious decision, of whether to take them or not, whilst keeping in mind, prevention is always better than correction, but in the case of this new Ba.5 variant, which is considered to have the highest contagion of all prior variants of covid-19, will be more difficult to avoid.
Safest place to be, is out bush prospecting for gold, but if petrol/inflation/cost of living continues to escalate, some might be thinking twice before venturing out for that 0.1gm bit of colour  Shocked  Laughing
Take care out there everyone.

Kon  T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4500
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

adrian ss likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:40 am

You are right Kon; the only place to be is out bush and finding gold.
From my life experiences to date I will say that if the Aborigines were still living in tribes out Back away from White dead heads, I would try to become a member of a tribe and live their style of life because I am beginning to think that they had it made until we arrived here.
Give me this any day. Camp Fire Ang get rid of this. hammer the PC
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4328
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down