Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sleepless in the triangle

5 posters

Go down

Sleepless in the triangle Empty Sleepless in the triangle

Post  Reg Wilson Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:55 am

You know the feeling.
You've detected all day. You've done your research over previous weeks, sweating over maps, old geo reports and stories from 'old timers'. The ground looks good and you figure that your detector can get to 'bottom' or very near over the area that looks a possibility.
The sun is dropping and so is your energy level when you get a target that is just a bit better than a .22 slug. Not a deep dig and surprisingly, a nice little colour. In the next hour you get a couple more bits, and with the light dropping below the western horizon you claw out of the ground a lump that you guess is over an ounce.
Back at camp you give the gold a clean, cook and eat dinner, settle down to a beer or whiskey and take a look at that 1 oz piece. The shape. The wear. Ironstone or quartz?
Now you need to sleep, for tomorrow is a new day, a day in which you hope to stretch your find into a patch, and maybe a big one.
Can't sleep...Even after a few after dinner 'relaxers' sleep remains elusive as all the possibilities of tomorrow run through your mind. Regardless of what the morrow brings, it is that feeling of anticipation sitting around the camp fire that is special and unique.
Reg Wilson
Reg Wilson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 624
Registration date : 2012-05-14

bushbasher90, geof_junk, Detectist, pablop, adrian ss, xmas tree, mbasko and moredeep like this post

Back to top Go down

Sleepless in the triangle Empty Re: Sleepless in the triangle

Post  moredeep Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:53 am

It appears Reg that you've had a very good Easter.
It's a good feeling to have and it makes it worth getting up in the morning.
Well done cheers

cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Number of posts : 1853
Registration date : 2018-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:05 pm

Not wrong there moredeep. Did someone mention whisky? Gold or no gold, count me in Q11 Q35

Kon T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4500
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  pablop Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:21 pm

Reg Wilson wrote:You know the feeling.
You've detected all day. You've done your research over previous weeks, sweating over maps, old geo reports and stories from 'old timers'. The ground looks good and you figure that your detector can get to 'bottom' or very near over the area that looks a possibility.
The sun is dropping and so is your energy level when you get a target that is just a bit better than a .22 slug. Not a deep dig and surprisingly, a nice little colour. In the next hour you get a couple more bits, and with the light dropping below the western horizon you claw out of the ground a lump that you guess is over an ounce.
Back at camp you give the gold a clean, cook and eat dinner, settle down to a beer or whiskey and take a look at that 1 oz piece. The shape. The wear. Ironstone or quartz?
Now you need to sleep, for tomorrow is a new day, a day in which you hope to stretch your find into a patch, and maybe a big one.
Can't sleep...Even after a few after dinner 'relaxers' sleep remains elusive as all the possibilities of tomorrow run through your mind. Regardless of what the morrow brings, it is that feeling of anticipation sitting around the camp fire that is special and unique.

Reg the way that you rote this up was almost poetic. Great stuff and more on the next day I hope.
pablop
pablop
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2015-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post  hawkear Fri Apr 22, 2022 12:01 pm

Kon61gold wrote: Not wrong there moredeep. Did someone mention whisky? Gold or no gold, count me in Q11 Q35

Kon T25  
Speyside or Islay I'm in too, Aldi Highland red I'll keep detecting.
hawkear
hawkear
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2015-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:37 pm

I think Reg would have done the highland fling after his find without the whiskey Laughing Laughing

cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Number of posts : 1853
Registration date : 2018-05-23

Reg Wilson likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Reg Wilson Mon Apr 25, 2022 1:57 pm

pablop, the patch is now spread out over a large area and keeps producing heavy gold. A specimen that grossed at 14ozs copped an acid bath until it looked good with some ironstone and quartz left in. I specific gravity tested it and there is 8.3ozs of gold net weight. Gross weight is now 9.5ozs where it will stay as it looks really nice with pink quartz and purple ironstone included.
Some of the other bits also contain quartz and ironstone which will get some acid treatment as well. Very pretty gold.
Reg Wilson
Reg Wilson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 624
Registration date : 2012-05-14

geof_junk, pablop, adrian ss and moredeep like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Sun May 01, 2022 1:57 pm

Now I know what you're referring to Reg. Saw a picture of the 14oz speci on Detector Prospector Forum by JR & what a nice piece of gold covered specimen it is.
Hope you guys lobb onto bigger & better. Well done cheers

Kon T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4500
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down