Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quattro & Safari

2 posters

Go down

Quattro & Safari Empty Quattro & Safari

Post  adrian ss Sun Feb 13, 2022 2:27 pm

What is the difference between the Quattro and the safari ?? V56 scratch
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4351
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

Quattro & Safari Empty Re: Quattro & Safari

Post  bicter Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:22 am

Adrian,
I've never used the Quattro, only the Safari.
If you haven't already done so, you can compare specs in the manuals here https://www.minelab.com/__files/f/4068/4901-0070-1.1%20Instruction%20Manual%20Safari_Screen.pdf and here https://www.minelab.com/__files/f/4128/4901-0050-1.4%20Inst%20Manual%20Quattro%20MP%20EN_WEB.pdf
I had a quick look and going by the specs there's not a lot between them.
I'll ask one of my mates who used to sell them and  see if he has anything to add.
bicter
bicter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 395
Registration date : 2012-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:57 am

Seems that the Safari has faster recovery speed. Aside from that, not a lot of difference.
I do like the Safari although it could do with better ground iron mineral handling ability. On the beach it is very good
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  bicter Mon Feb 14, 2022 11:04 am

I agree, it was difficult to fault the Safari, however I found the Equinox was a much more user friendly device.
Things such as lightweight, waterproof, better selectivity, better noise rejection, better iron rejection full access to settings, better handbook and the list goes on.
Where I mention better, it can be difficult to quantify the improvement, just as I imagine the difficulty in quantifying the improvement of the Safari over the Quattro.

My mate has suggested the Safari was just a slightly updated version of the Quattro. Having said that, he can't recall actually seeing a Quattro

Last edited by bicter on Mon Feb 14, 2022 11:14 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : clarification, more info)
bicter
bicter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 395
Registration date : 2012-03-18

adrian ss likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Mon Feb 14, 2022 12:22 pm

Pretty much agree with everything you have said inc the reasons I like the EQ 600. Nice little machine. Probably the only aspect I don't like about the 600 is having to go back to the start of the mode selections  in order to get to a previous mode.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down