Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TDI & Safari

Go down

TDI & Safari Empty TDI & Safari

Post  adrian ss Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:04 pm

Just back from 4 days at Merimbula beach detecting with the safari and the TDI OZ Pro.
     Found plenty of long lost coin in the wet sand at the low tide line. All were between 10 and 19 inches deep, plus one sil chain with pearl pendant at approx 6 inches deep. (Safari found that one)
The TDI and the safari are near on equal for depth on coins in the water and wet sand. The safari fired off several false signals with gain at 19 but target detecting was clear and positive. TID was unreliable and it was best to dig all signals.
Running the detector in Auto gave quiet operation but at the loss of significant depth.

The TDI is a piece of cake to use and will find bobby pins at 2 foot. Mad
It has to be run in dual mode if you want to find sil, au and plat and any chains.
   The TDI was more stable than the Safari in the shallow water. I was only able to run the TDI at approx 50% gain due to quite a bit of EMI from the local airfield and aircraft.
You are not going to miss many targets with either of these detectors.

This little fella kept us company in our apartment. We let him stay and I think he had fun watching what we were doing.
Pic is slightly larger than actual size but not by much affraid
TDI & Safari Rscn1014

Last edited by adrian ss on Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:59 am; edited 1 time in total
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4328
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

TDI & Safari Empty Re: TDI & Safari

Post  adrian ss Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:08 pm

G/day Self. Ow yer going? Argh not bad mate can't complain.... Ow you going?... Pretty good mate.
     Hey Self! I hear that you did a a bit of tecting at Merimbula main beach over the past 4 or five days?..Yeah that's right mate; had the entire beach to myself so to speak. Didja find much? Yeah did ok, plenty of old coin and a nice sil chain and pendant.I reckon I know why I am the only DH talking to myself on this topic. Why is that mate? Ut's coz all th coin and jewellery hunters are dead. Even the bloke at the camping shop in town doesn't get people come in the shop asking about tecting very often these days. That is ok though, all the more goodies fer th three of us to  ta find. Whaddaya mean The three of yez?....Bloody hell mat yer slippin in yer old age....Me Myself & I.Rolling Eyes
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4328
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down