Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where has Global Warming Gone ?

+5
Kon61gold
xmas tree
moredeep
deutran
AU_Toe
9 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Where has Global Warming Gone ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where has Global Warming Gone ?

Post  geof_junk Sun Feb 06, 2022 10:21 pm


[quote=Absolutely we can prove its happening! The earths temp is rising faster than any time in 800,000  years for example.[/quote]

That is a small percentage of "The age of 4.54 billion years(4,540,000,000 years) found for the Solar System and Earth" So how is it proof whether it is or not
geof_junk
geof_junk
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 917
Registration date : 2008-11-11

Back to top Go down

Where has Global Warming Gone ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where has Global Warming Gone ?

Post  planetcare Sun Feb 06, 2022 10:40 pm

geof_junk wrote:
[quote=Absolutely we can prove its happening! The earths temp is rising faster than any time in 800,000  years for example.


That is a small percentage of "The age of 4.54 billion years(4,540,000,000 years) found for the Solar System and Earth"     So how is it proof whether it is or not [/quote]


Yes what you say is true just as my statement is that the earths temp is rising faster than any time in the last 800,000 years. We cannot go back further in geological time to know for certain how fast the earth warmed or cooled.What we do know from  some geological evidence is that rapid  rises in CO2  levels  has lead to dramatic changes in climate and has caused mass extinctions like the" great dying "about 252  million years ago.

planetcare
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 652
Registration date : 2019-09-27

Back to top Go down

Where has Global Warming Gone ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where has Global Warming Gone ?

Post  adrian ss Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:20 am

If you want to be bored beyond mortal comprehension in regards to climate change then read this:  Sleep  Sleep  Sleep

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2017/07/climate-change-earth-too-hot-for-humans.html

None of the climate change  theories take into account that humans adapt and change as their environment changes and the environment is continually changing. We and many of the life forms on this planet will survive no matter what the climate does.....until the sun engulfs us all and the rest of the solar system.....Then you will know what Global warming really is and we will be toast.
    For as long as there is earth, fire, water and storms, rain  and lightning we will be here.

The notion that there will be a day when we are traveling through space, populating other planets, and living happily ever after is and always will be science fiction
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 3962
Age : 76
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

Where has Global Warming Gone ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where has Global Warming Gone ?

Post  AU_Toe Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:17 am

If we cant trust DA, who can we trust ???

ABC TV ( Free 2 Air ) - Climate Change: The Facts - 10:00AM - 11:03AM - REPEAT

Sir David Attenborough looks at a planet on the verge of climate catastrophe. With intimate stories of people's lives affected by climate change, the documentary takes a look at one of the greatest challenges we face today.

DOCUMENTARY | UK | 2019 | G
AU_Toe
AU_Toe
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2014-02-09

http://ozgold.itis.nu/

Back to top Go down

Where has Global Warming Gone ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where has Global Warming Gone ?

Post  adrian ss Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:43 am

Sir David Attenborough is to the earth as Stephen Hawking was to Astronomy.
Both are powerful minds  that have contributed enormously to our knowledge of the world around us with many theories, facts and discoveries  with one exception; Stephen Hawking was flexible and open to new ideas but DA believes his ideas and theories are absolute.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 3962
Age : 76
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

Where has Global Warming Gone ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where has Global Warming Gone ?

Post  Guest Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:08 am

The world does not have a climate.

A mountain has a climate, a valley has a climate, a desert has a climate etc.
The world has weather. If you can't comprehend this go back to primary school. study

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Where has Global Warming Gone ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where has Global Warming Gone ?

Post  planetcare Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:15 am

butch wrote:The world does not have a climate.

A mountain has a climate, a valley has a climate, a desert has a climate etc.
The world has weather. If you can't comprehend this go back to primary school. study

Both weather and climate refer to local conditions (temperature, rainfall, wind strength, etc.) in a particular location or region, but the main difference between them is a matter of time. “Weather” refers to local conditions on the scale of minutes, hours, days, and even months to years: you can have a particularly wet month, warm winter, or rainy decade“Climate” is an average of weather conditions over 30 years or more, and can be assessed for a single location, large area, or globally. While weather can change dramatically in a single location from day to day (for example, cold and rainy one day, followed by  hot, dry conditions the next day), climate generally changes less quickly because it represents the average of weather conditions over a longer period of time.

planetcare
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 652
Registration date : 2019-09-27

Back to top Go down

Where has Global Warming Gone ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where has Global Warming Gone ?

Post  Guest Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:36 am

You are basically correct. Your failure was when you mentioned the word "globally".
Keep going you're improving.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Where has Global Warming Gone ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where has Global Warming Gone ?

Post  planetcare Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:51 am

butch wrote:You are basically correct. Your failure was when you mentioned the word "globally".
Keep going you're improving.

The State of the Global Climate 2020
https://library.wmo.int/doc_num.php?explnum_id=10618


planetcare
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 652
Registration date : 2019-09-27

Back to top Go down

Where has Global Warming Gone ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where has Global Warming Gone ?

Post  Guest Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:09 pm

Another failure.
Enough with the opinion pieces. I'm on the verge of giving up on you.
Show us more about you PC.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Where has Global Warming Gone ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where has Global Warming Gone ?

Post  davsgold Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:14 pm

so Doug (planetcare), I'm guessing that you don't believe that "Space Force" operated by certain countries could possibly control weather systems??? causing floods, hurricanes, tornadoes etc

why do you imagine that big power countries have these satellites up there, with laser beam technology, these are military weapons and used for military purposes like shutting down communications and stuff and generally causing kayos

and maybe using these satellites to influence weather, what a great weapon that is and then just blame it on the weather, and climate, or global warming from CO2
davsgold
davsgold
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2022-02-06

Back to top Go down

Where has Global Warming Gone ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where has Global Warming Gone ?

Post  adrian ss Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:15 pm

Let's not argue about the differences between climate and weather....That is reaching the bottom of the barrel and makes me want to Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 3962
Age : 76
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

Where has Global Warming Gone ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where has Global Warming Gone ?

Post  moredeep Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:18 pm

butch this is not an inquisition,it's a topic about weather
Poster's can put up items that are relevant to the subject.
Please keep it civil gentlemen.

cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Number of posts : 1661
Age : 62
Registration date : 2018-05-23

AU_Toe likes this post

Back to top Go down

Where has Global Warming Gone ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where has Global Warming Gone ?

Post  planetcare Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:21 pm

nofakenewsplease wrote:so Doug (planetcare), I'm guessing that you don't believe that "Space Force" operated by certain countries could possibly control weather systems??? causing floods, hurricanes, tornadoes etc


No i don't believe in space force!
State of the Climate in 2020: a comprehensive new status report was recently released


planetcare
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 652
Registration date : 2019-09-27

Back to top Go down

Where has Global Warming Gone ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where has Global Warming Gone ?

Post  planetcare Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:23 pm

butch wrote:Another failure.
Enough with the opinion pieces. I'm on the verge of giving up on you.
Show us more about you PC.
Its not an opinion piece its based on an enormous amount of global data(evidence!!)

planetcare
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 652
Registration date : 2019-09-27

Back to top Go down

Where has Global Warming Gone ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where has Global Warming Gone ?

Post  davsgold Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:34 pm

planetcare wrote:
No i don't believe in space force!


Doug, (planetcare)

just because you don't believe in it does not mean it does not exist, it does exist and it is used for military purposes including but not limited to anything they want to do

https:://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Space_Force

so I can't post external links just remove one of the : and it will work

Unveiling of the flag of the United States Space Force on 15 May 2020 in the Oval Office
Where has Global Warming Gone ? - Page 2 Presen10

with an official budget of wait for it over 18billion dollars for 2022
Where has Global Warming Gone ? - Page 2 Space_10


Last edited by nofakenewsplease on Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
davsgold
davsgold
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2022-02-06

Back to top Go down

Where has Global Warming Gone ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where has Global Warming Gone ?

Post  planetcare Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:55 pm

nofakenewsplease wrote:
planetcare wrote:
No i don't believe in space force!


Doug, (planetcare)

just because you don't believe in it does not mean it does not exist, it does exist and it is used for military purposes including but not limited to anything they want to do

https:://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Space_Force

so I can't post external links just remove one of the : and it will work

Unveiling of the flag of the United States Space Force on 15 May 2020 in the Oval Office
Where has Global Warming Gone ? - Page 2 Presen10

Where is the evidence that it can or is being used to manipulate or control the weather or global climate?
ANY alternative explanation to global greenhouse warming MUST be able to account for ALL the observations.
I challenge anyone to come up with an alternative explanation that satisfies the above criteria!

planetcare
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 652
Registration date : 2019-09-27

Back to top Go down

Where has Global Warming Gone ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where has Global Warming Gone ?

Post  davsgold Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:01 pm

planetcare wrote:
Where is the evidence that it can or is being used to manipulate or control the weather or global climate?
ANY alternative explanation to global  greenhouse warming MUST be able to account for  ALL the observations.
I  challenge anyone to come up with an alternative explanation that satisfies the above criteria!

well with a budget of over 18billion dollars for 2020 it is obvious that Space Force is not using that to fix the "Global Warming" you might need to read between the lines Doug to get a clear picture

Where has Global Warming Gone ? - Page 2 Space_11
davsgold
davsgold
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2022-02-06

Back to top Go down

Where has Global Warming Gone ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where has Global Warming Gone ?

Post  planetcare Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:56 pm

nofakenewsplease wrote:
planetcare wrote:
Where is the evidence that it can or is being used to manipulate or control the weather or global climate?
ANY alternative explanation to global  greenhouse warming MUST be able to account for  ALL the observations.
I  challenge anyone to come up with an alternative explanation that satisfies the above criteria!

well with a budget of over 18billion dollars for 2020 it is obvious that Space Force is not using that to fix the "Global Warming" you might need to read between the lines Doug to get a clear picture

Seems to me that its about improving defense capabilities and using new technologies to "see through" all adverse weather conditions.Nothing about trying to manipulate the weather or climate or use the technology to "fix" AGW.

planetcare
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 652
Registration date : 2019-09-27

Back to top Go down

Where has Global Warming Gone ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where has Global Warming Gone ?

Post  Guest Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:59 pm

planetcare wrote:
butch wrote:Another failure.
Enough with the opinion pieces. I'm on the verge of giving up on you.
Show us more about you PC.
Its not an opinion piece its based on an enormous amount of global data(evidence!!)

You have already failed to produce a falsified model for global warming (that isn't false) because we know it doesn't exist.
Data is not science.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Where has Global Warming Gone ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where has Global Warming Gone ?

Post  deutran Mon Feb 07, 2022 2:52 pm

Yep coolest summer I remember for a long while,first year we were able to detect the end of January.Maybe a per-cursor to another ice age.
deutran
deutran
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1805
Age : 59
Registration date : 2009-09-26

AU_Toe likes this post

Back to top Go down

Where has Global Warming Gone ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where has Global Warming Gone ?

Post  planetcare Mon Feb 07, 2022 3:02 pm

butch wrote:
planetcare wrote:
butch wrote:Another failure.
Enough with the opinion pieces. I'm on the verge of giving up on you.
Show us more about you PC.
Its not an opinion piece its based on an enormous amount of global data(evidence!!)

You have already failed to produce a falsified model for global warming (that isn't false) because we know it doesn't exist.
Data is not science.

Yes data is not science but the data forms the basis for the theory and theory must account for all the observations which the current theory does!
It is highly unlikely that the theory of man-made global warming will be refuted, that would require highly surprising new findings and in most cases it would require basic physics, used in many sciences, to be wrong. However, just because it is highly unlikely in practice that the hypothesis will be falsified because there are so many independent lines of evidence and the hypothesis is well nested into a network of scientific ideas, that does not make it theoretically impossible, thus AGW is falsifiable.

planetcare
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 652
Registration date : 2019-09-27

Back to top Go down

Where has Global Warming Gone ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where has Global Warming Gone ?

Post  adrian ss Mon Feb 07, 2022 3:14 pm

deutran wrote:Yep coolest summer I remember for a long while,first year we were able to detect the end of January.Maybe a pre-cursor to another ice age.

Yeah. 12 degrees here again this morning, very overcast and a cold wind chills my bones.
Normally pushing into the mid thirties about now for Tuggeranong and Down to 26 over night after the warm North Westerly winds shift to the ESE at around 1700 hrs.
   Has not happened this year.....Yet....Like, For the first time everrrrrrr!! Laughing

For those who like to read stuff:
https://www.climate.gov/news-features/understanding-climate/climate-change-atmospheric-carbon-dioxide

The chart here clearly shows a cyclic climate change following a 100,000 year cycle.......So how do we know if all of the stuff in this burst of data is accurate?? Well we don't. It is all a bit hit and miss based on differing opinions and interpretations of gathered data by people of widely differing levels of expertise.


Last edited by adrian ss on Mon Feb 07, 2022 3:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 3962
Age : 76
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

Where has Global Warming Gone ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where has Global Warming Gone ?

Post  Guest Mon Feb 07, 2022 3:30 pm

This is a gold diggin forum PC, so what metal detector do you have?
I will be updating my GP3500 soon, unmarked pristine condition...  $2000 to you only.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Where has Global Warming Gone ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where has Global Warming Gone ?

Post  davsgold Mon Feb 07, 2022 3:34 pm

exactly adrian, same here where has summer gone, Dec, Jan and Now Feb well below average temps, but I guess they have not "ADJUSTED" them yet to fit there modelling

this is our temps so far for Feb
Where has Global Warming Gone ? - Page 2 Low_te10
davsgold
davsgold
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2022-02-06

Back to top Go down

Where has Global Warming Gone ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where has Global Warming Gone ?

Post  planetcare Mon Feb 07, 2022 3:55 pm

adrian ss wrote:
For those who like to read stuff:
https://www.climate.gov/news-features/understanding-climate/climate-change-atmospheric-carbon-dioxide

The chart here clearly shows a cyclic climate change following a 100,000 year cycle.......So how do we know if all of the stuff in this burst of data is accurate?? Well we don't. It is all a bit hit and miss based on differing opinions and interpretations of gathered data by people of widely differing levels of expertise.

Two things stand out in the above chart- the CO2 level in ice ages (about 180ppm) and in more temperate conditions (about 280 ppm).ie the difference between an ice age and warmer more temperate conditions is about 100 ppm CO2! Since the industrial revolution we have added over 120 ppm CO2!!! Also look at the time it took for the world to warm up after and ice age-about 6-8 Deg C rise over 6-10,000 years ie approx .8 deg C per 1000 years..Since 1980 the earths temperature has risen by about 0.6 Deg C ie in only 40 years! ie equivalent to 15 Deg C per 1000 years!!!

planetcare
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 652
Registration date : 2019-09-27

Back to top Go down

Where has Global Warming Gone ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where has Global Warming Gone ?

Post  adrian ss Mon Feb 07, 2022 4:11 pm

In Tuggeranong we are already over the average for Feb and there is 21 days to go. last year we had 169% more rain above the annual average.
Temps are way down on normal.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 3962
Age : 76
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

Where has Global Warming Gone ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where has Global Warming Gone ?

Post  adrian ss Mon Feb 07, 2022 4:36 pm

planetcare wrote:
adrian ss wrote:
For those who like to read stuff:
https://www.climate.gov/news-features/understanding-climate/climate-change-atmospheric-carbon-dioxide

The chart here clearly shows a cyclic climate change following a 100,000 year cycle.......So how do we know if all of the stuff in this burst of data is accurate?? Well we don't. It is all a bit hit and miss based on differing opinions and interpretations of gathered data by people of widely differing levels of expertise.

Two things stand out in the above chart- the CO2 level in ice ages (about 180ppm) and in more temperate conditions (about 280 ppm).ie the difference between an ice age and warmer more temperate conditions is about 100 ppm CO2! Since the industrial revolution we have added over 120 ppm CO2!!! Also look at the time it took for the world to warm up after and ice age-about 6-8 Deg C rise over 6-10,000 years ie approx .8 deg C per 1000 years..Since 1980 the earths temperature has risen by about 0.6 Deg C  ie in only 40 years! ie equivalent to 15 Deg C per 1000 years!!!


Yer know what the trouble is doncha? It's The sun is getting hotter. pale affraid Even on a cloudy day when the sun breaks through the gaps I feel my arms stinging where the sun strikes it. Now that is not coz of extra uv coz there is plenty of ozone in the ozone layer and ozone stops uv from getting through ta my arm. So there! Smile It can also stop infrared radiation emitted by the earth from escaping back into space n that can cause tropospheric warming. But as I said the ozone layer is nothing to write home about at the moment. Kind of normal.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 3962
Age : 76
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

Where has Global Warming Gone ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where has Global Warming Gone ?

Post  adrian ss Mon Feb 07, 2022 5:01 pm

planetcare wrote:
adrian ss wrote:
For those who like to read stuff:
https://www.climate.gov/news-features/understanding-climate/climate-change-atmospheric-carbon-dioxide

The chart here clearly shows a cyclic climate change following a 100,000 year cycle.......So how do we know if all of the stuff in this burst of data is accurate?? Well we don't. It is all a bit hit and miss based on differing opinions and interpretations of gathered data by people of widely differing levels of expertise.

Two things stand out in the above chart- the CO2 level in ice ages (about 180ppm) and in more temperate conditions (about 280 ppm).ie the difference between an ice age and warmer more temperate conditions is about 100 ppm CO2! Since the industrial revolution we have added over 120 ppm CO2!!! Also look at the time it took for the world to warm up after and ice age-about 6-8 Deg C rise over 6-10,000 years ie approx .8 deg C per 1000 years..Since 1980 the earths temperature has risen by about 0.6 Deg C  ie in only 40 years! ie equivalent to 15 Deg C per 1000 years!!!


Current CO2 pollution :
Eastern Block Countries.  China = 400 ppbv to  2700 ppbv
India = 450 ppbv to 2600 ppbv

Australia = 160 ppbv.....That is like nothing man. Very Happy

Like Somebody said earlier.
Australia could sink into the ocean tomorrow and there would be almost un measurable difference to the worlds atmospheric pollution levels.

Current CO2 levels world wide:

Purple is filthy air.

Where has Global Warming Gone ? - Page 2 Rscn3611


Last edited by adrian ss on Mon Feb 07, 2022 5:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 3962
Age : 76
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

Where has Global Warming Gone ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where has Global Warming Gone ?

Post  planetcare Mon Feb 07, 2022 5:03 pm

adrian ss wrote:
planetcare wrote:
adrian ss wrote:
For those who like to read stuff:
https://www.climate.gov/news-features/understanding-climate/climate-change-atmospheric-carbon-dioxide

The chart here clearly shows a cyclic climate change following a 100,000 year cycle.......So how do we know if all of the stuff in this burst of data is accurate?? Well we don't. It is all a bit hit and miss based on differing opinions and interpretations of gathered data by people of widely differing levels of expertise.

Two things stand out in the above chart- the CO2 level in ice ages (about 180ppm) and in more temperate conditions (about 280 ppm).ie the difference between an ice age and warmer more temperate conditions is about 100 ppm CO2! Since the industrial revolution we have added over 120 ppm CO2!!! Also look at the time it took for the world to warm up after and ice age-about 6-8 Deg C rise over 6-10,000 years ie approx .8 deg C per 1000 years..Since 1980 the earths temperature has risen by about 0.6 Deg C  ie in only 40 years! ie equivalent to 15 Deg C per 1000 years!!!


Yer know what the trouble is doncha? It's The sun is getting hotter. pale affraid Even on a cloudy day when the sun breaks through the gaps I feel my arms stinging where the sun strikes it. Now that is not coz of extra uv coz there is plenty of ozone in the ozone layer and ozone stops uv from getting through ta my arm. So there! Smile It can also stop infrared radiation emitted by the earth from escaping back into space n that can cause tropospheric  warming. But as I said the ozone layer is nothing to write home about at the moment. Kind of normal.


No the sun cannot explain AGW. In fact the suns MSI has been lower than normal for some years!

planetcare
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 652
Registration date : 2019-09-27

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum