Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Major Skeeter Drilling Operations Have Commenced

2 posters

Go down

Major Skeeter Drilling Operations Have Commenced Empty Major Skeeter Drilling Operations Have Commenced

Post  Kon61gold Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:01 pm

G'day fellow detectorists

I just arrived back home after researching some shallow (fingers crossed) gold bearing ground near & around Bendigo Vic. No sooner had I harnessed up for a swing of the coil, it began.
It first started with the landing of 1 mosquito that looked like the size of a humming bird. No sooner did I squat the life out of it, when I heard what sounded like a squadron of propeller powered WW2 prop planes approaching overhead, instead I were soon to be surrounded by a squadron of neandertholic, blood sucking, size skeeters. I thought the slapping of 1, 2, or 3 would have taken care of that, but the more I slapped, the more atrocious became their drilling for blood operations. Blood sucking little vampires I tell ya.
The plenty of rain we've had over the last few months, coupled to the fine sunny humid weather we're experiencing now, together with the rain filled low spots of dug up old timers holes/surfaced areas, has created the perfect breeding grounds for mosquitos'.
Looks like an atrocious spring/summer for all sorts of critters to be encountered. Since I had brought no form of mosquito repellent with me at the time, I were left with no choice but to get the hell out of that locality quick fast & leave it for another day, before ending up anaemic & with a shrunken skull.  Shocked  Laughing  
So before heading out bush in the coming months, make sure to have plenty of mosquito repellent handy & take care out there everyone.

Cheers Kon.  T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4505
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

geof_junk, hiluxer and soldier of fortune like this post

Back to top Go down

Major Skeeter Drilling Operations Have Commenced Empty Re: Major Skeeter Drilling Operations Have Commenced

Post  moredeep Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:49 pm

A few years ago kon we had the perfect conditions for a biblical plague of mozzies here in central vic.
I remember every shop in town stocking up on repellents, funnily enough it only lasted for about 2-3 weeks and shops were left with major amounts of the stuff.
I recall people doing crazy disco dancing trying to fend of the blighters Laughing
Bendigo as is castlemaine is surround by thousands of small potholes/diggings filled with blackwater which is perfect for breeding.
I've been out a couple of times in years past where I had forgotten repellent or a net , I could not detect and was forced to go home.
Cases of barmah forest and ross river will be on the rise,slip slop slap and net cheers

cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Number of posts : 1861
Registration date : 2018-05-23

soldier of fortune likes this post

Back to top Go down

Major Skeeter Drilling Operations Have Commenced Empty Re: Major Skeeter Drilling Operations Have Commenced

Post  moredeep Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:51 pm

That reminds me, many years ago I was detecting a very small bush land area surrounded by open pasture, no other bush's or tree's for many a mile.
It was the middle of summer and a little warm.
When I walked into the thick bush reserve I was inundated/mobbed/ambushed/attacked by thousands of bush flies.
They were in my ears, nose, eyes, and mouth it was unbearable ,I bolted from the bush back to my car in a black haze of blowfly's.
The only conclusion I could come up with was that they were in there for the shade and the coolness and I was the only source of protein that had wandered in affraid affraid
It was freaky What a Face

cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Number of posts : 1861
Registration date : 2018-05-23

Back to top Go down