Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My recent 2nd hand experience of a 6k

2 posters

Go down

My recent 2nd hand experience of a 6k Empty My recent 2nd hand experience of a 6k

Post  PeterInSa Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:44 pm

Met up with friends in WA in May they had been over there at the time for a couple of months, he using a 45 she a 23, they had found some gold but not a lot. She not so much as he. Suggested a couple of times he buy SWMBO a 6k, he made a number of calls say 20 and had a 6k posted up from that island below the state that has the Number plates XXX The Place to Be, except the only time they are there is on lock down. Incidentally cost $155 for post/Insurance.

First day in the field yielded gold, mate tried it out the 2nd day and in a thrashed/thrashed out patch found a 3gm'er about 12 inches deep, that he/we have covered numerous times. This got him thinking, next day he tells me, after another xx calls has a 6k from northern NSW (post/Ins$55). Since then mate and wife have not looked back. Note they only use headphones.

They use the machine without threshold, if you hear a signal, you dig and find. He tells me its great for people who have hearing issues. Me I have hearing issues and with the 7K, I am trying to distinguish between the ground noises/low hot rock signals and a bit of emi over the threshold, even though I am very happy with what SWMBO (2300) and I found for our 5 week visit.

So I think the 6k will be a winner for newbies and the experienced. Me I will still carry on with the 7, but with a hip stick and a swing arm and loud speaker/s, knowing that I would find more gold with headphones, but still managed to find 3 pieces of gold around .05gm (using a 10Inch X Coil and NF Zcoil) as did SWMBO with a number of very small pieces. From memory my biggest piece was 1.8gms so you can appreciate that we did not come across any new patches, even though we looked in some rough country places. I had 3 punctures and a staked tyre, mate from memory replaced 3 tyres in Leonora B4 we left and I think he was thinking of a 4th replacement.

PeterInSa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 276
Registration date : 2018-11-05

granite2, charliec, AnnieL, Reg Wilson, hiluxer, moredeep, fwdoz and like this post

Back to top Go down

My recent 2nd hand experience of a 6k Empty Re: My recent 2nd hand experience of a 6k

Post  deutran Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:06 pm

Hi Peter
I've used headphones exclusively for the last 12 years but since getting the 6 just been using the rear speaker,I've yet to try the headphones.Never been able to use speakers on any previous machines until now.The target identification on the 6 is clear and identifying ground noise is easy.Hot rocks especially down deep are still an issue but not very common I might dig 1 or 2 a session.Emi is more predominant on the 6 but quickly fixed with the noise cancel only a few seconds.Sometimes its easy to mistake for Emi when its actually the ground balance so a quick press of the quick track will have it sorted.
deutran
deutran
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2009-09-26

Reg Wilson, PeterInSa and EL NINO like this post

Back to top Go down