Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wedderburn Token Hunt

3 posters

Go down

Wedderburn Token Hunt Empty Wedderburn Token Hunt

Post  adrian ss Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:25 pm

No Token Hunt / Detector Jamboree 6 and 7 March this year. A bit of a bummer all because of an invisible marauding army. pale Sad
    I recall that previous hunts were on stinking hot days of the mid 30s so where has summer gone this year of global warming?  Here in the ACT I think we have had 4 days of summer and now it is wet cold raining and stormy.  
    The second Token Hunt I went to I suffered heat stroke by the time I got to Shepperton where I staggered into a Road house and collapsed in a heap on the floor. Topped up with water and found a shady place to sleep under a tree for a few hours. Was a bit late in arriving at Wedderburn .and still a bit crook but lasted one day of the hunt and then headed home. Was hoping to get there this year. Arhh well, see what next year brings aye.

Last edited by adrian ss on Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:39 am; edited 1 time in total
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4344
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

Wedderburn Token Hunt Empty Re: Wedderburn Token Hunt

Post  soldier of fortune Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:55 pm

I have not heard of this ,AdrianSS.

What is involved in the token hunt ? How many people normally go ? How big an area do they run it in
Is it an annual event ? Is it run in a different place every time ? Why was it cancelled ?

Sounds interesting.

soldier of fortune
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2020-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:14 pm

G/Day soldier of fortune.

This will give you some info re the Jamboree.
https://www.bendigoregion.com.au/visit-loddon-valley/whatson/cancelled-minelab-wedderburn-detector-jamboree-2021
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4344
Registration date : 2015-07-03

soldier of fortune likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Rwork Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:43 pm

A lot of the token hunt regulars still attended Hard Hill. They opened up the toilets and showers for us over the Long Weekend. We got a key and stayed about a week. The bloke who dug the multi ouncer with a 3030 about 3 years ago done it again. He went back to the same spot in Wedderburn and found a nugget around 45 grams. He used a 2300 this time.
Most would know i was lucky enough to win the event twice, hopefully next year will be the trifecta.
They are going to use a different Token next year but we haven’t been told how it will be different. I have been pushing for 150 tokens to be put out each day rather than the 100 they hide at the moment. Up to 180 competitors mean that not all get a Token.
Anyone who has attended will know of The Darkside detecting team. They contribute some gold and a few prizes each year.
A sign has been up on Hard Hill pointing to the teams camping place. It reads Darkside Pl.
I contacted Google Maps and now Darkside Place shows on Hard Hill. Just zoom in and you will see it.
I take the photos for the event so if you have ever been i may have your picture. I have only missed one event in about 20 years and that was because my daughter was married interstate.

Rwork
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2011-04-20

jmp333, Grandfather Johnson, Sparrowfart and moredeep like this post

Back to top Go down