Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finally some gold.

5 posters

Go down

Finally some gold. Empty Finally some gold.

Post  Axtyr Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:50 pm

G'day all.

Yesterday I met up with Moredeep in Castlemaine and we had a morning detect. After more than 4 months of finding nothing I finally found a piece of gold.
It wasn't big, 0.28 gram, but better than nothing. Moredeep managed a specimen with about 0.5 gram of gold in it.
Finally some gold. BKxqesg

I saw more people out there yesterday than all the time I have spent detecting since 2014. I dare say it will be like Bourke street out there this weekend. At least like it used to be pre Covid.

It was a beautiful day with plenty of sunshine and a cool breeze to keep it form getting too hot.

Good luck out there.

Regards Axtyr.

Axtyr
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 846
Registration date : 2014-01-20

Nightjar, Chookfoot, Detectist, bfloyd4445, rockhunter62, moredeep and soldier of fortune like this post

Back to top Go down

Finally some gold. Empty Re: Finally some gold.

Post  soldier of fortune Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:50 pm

Good going, Axtyr. I haven`t been out in weeks . Bushfire preparation for me has been enormous this time around. How long is the grass where you went ? Any snake sightings?

soldier of fortune
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2020-05-17

moredeep likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Axtyr Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:51 am

Soldier of Fortune, not much grass where I went but lots of saplings. It looks like it has been surfaced big time which is good to give you an idea of how the land has formed.
I didn't see any snakes and in all my time prospecting since 1986, I have never seen one. Blue tongue lizards usually scare the poop out of me thinking they are snakes, but I've been lucky.

Regards Axtyr.

Axtyr
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 846
Registration date : 2014-01-20

soldier of fortune likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:12 pm

Good on yas Axtyr/Moredeep, no doubt the unlocking of restrictions will see the "Charge of the Light Brigade" over this weekend, of which many an outback town will appreciate.
Due to the much rain downpours in Vic over the last few months, causing lush shrub/tree growth, nature/wildlife has bloomed to its finest.
Soldier of Fortune, have no doubt, the odd snake or two, will be out there in amongst rocks/fallen trees/debris etc, especially when walking through/over the more isolated, less trodden sections of bush tracks, creeks/gullies etc & only a mater of time before we see or hear of some sightings.
Best of luck out there gents.

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4500
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

soldier of fortune likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  maurifree Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:03 am

Axtyr wrote:G'day all.

Yesterday I met up with Moredeep in Castlemaine and we had a morning detect. After more than 4 months of finding nothing I finally found a piece of gold.
It wasn't big, 0.28 gram, but better than nothing. Moredeep managed a specimen with about 0.5 gram of gold in it.
Finally some gold. BKxqesg

I saw more people out there yesterday than all the time I have spent detecting since 2014. I dare say it will be like Bourke street out there this weekend. At least like it used to be pre Covid.

It was a beautiful day with plenty of sunshine and a cool breeze to keep it form getting too hot.

Good luck out there.

Regards Axtyr.

Well done! Mighty Z - been out 4 times since lockdown ended in Victoria and found gold 3 out of the 4 times out. Found this little one at Dolly Creek on Wednesday.
Finally some gold. Img_2014
maurifree
maurifree
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2018-11-14

AnnieL and bfloyd4445 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  bfloyd4445 Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:18 pm

You guys are having all the luck I haven't found anything but iron in almost two years. I'm beginning to believe all the gold is on your section of the blue ball. Laughing
bfloyd4445
bfloyd4445
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2015-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post  maurifree Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:56 pm

bfloyd4445 wrote:You guys are having all the luck I haven't found anything but iron in almost two years. I'm beginning to believe all the gold is on your section of the blue ball. Laughing

Well it's definitely out there. Not sure what detector you are using or which area you are looking in. 2 years is a long time to go without finding the shiny stuff. Don't give up.
maurifree
maurifree
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2018-11-14

Back to top Go down