Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RE; HOW TO SEARCH VIC/GOV

3 posters

Go down

RE; HOW TO SEARCH VIC/GOV Empty RE; HOW TO SEARCH VIC/GOV

Post  dundiggin Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:41 pm

I would like some help with getting into the mining/prospecting info.. I tried but "layering" stopped me short.. Many members must use vic/gov so maybe someone would explain the procedure step by step.. I realise that may be a big ask.. I didn' have much in the way of education and all that computer language drowns me.. Please help. dundiggin.

dundiggin
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2018-05-12

Back to top Go down

RE; HOW TO SEARCH VIC/GOV Empty Re: RE; HOW TO SEARCH VIC/GOV

Post  Guest Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:05 am

Dundiggin I'm sure there will someone here that can help you. What you have asked for, from my point of view. My knowledge is very limited in relation to map overlays. I think I'm in your boat, as I'm 73 yrs old and a lot of the jargon goes over my head. But I live in the goldfields so it's not so hard for me to find a bit of ground to swing on.
wombat Wink

Back to top Go down

RE; HOW TO SEARCH VIC/GOV Empty RE:HOW TO SEARCH VIC/GOV

Post  dundiggin Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:37 pm

I know what you mean wombat, the only good thing I've experienced with the later years is the help with parcels the checkout chicks offer and some insist!!.. Have not done a tap of prospecting for 3 years now but I'm planning a trip for the cooler months.. At 87 years the heat and humidity knocks the hell outa me.. A bit of yeller would really make my day(s).. Good luck to you.. dundiggin.

dundiggin
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:20 pm

Good onya dundiggin,I hope you do get out.
I use to take my neighbor old jack; out detecting,I'd always find flat ground for him[reduce his chances of going A over T]
Jack wouldn't have a bar of that ,in his mid 80's I would occasionally turn around and find him half way up or down an embankment,I'd rush over and grab him by the britches.
On one of our last trips out to one of his "secret" spots, he came walking over with a grin like a Cheshire cat and plonked an 8 ozer in my hand.
Good luck dundiggin.

cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Number of posts : 1861
Registration date : 2018-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post  goldie Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:31 pm

dundiggin wrote:I would like some help with getting into the mining/prospecting info.. I tried but "layering" stopped me short.. Many members must use vic/gov so maybe someone would explain the procedure step by step.. I realise that may be a big ask.. I didn' have much in the way of education and all that computer language drowns me.. Please help. dundiggin.

goldie
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2008-11-01

Back to top Go down

RE; HOW TO SEARCH VIC/GOV Empty RE: HOW TO SEARCH VIC/GOV

Post  dundiggin Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:57 pm

Hi Goldie, Thanks for giving me the results of your search.. I'll give it a good read and put it into practice.. Everything is done electronicly nowadays and for us oldies it can be a little ( lot) puzzling.. Just been watching the opal miners and they sure can do well, but more hazards than detecting and living underground like moles. Good luck to em they deserve rewarding.. Hope you find what your after also. It's a great hobby and one will always get some gifts from the ground... Good luck.. dundiggin

dundiggin
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

RE; HOW TO SEARCH VIC/GOV Empty RE: HOW TO SEARCH VIC/GOV

Post  dundiggin Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:18 pm

Hi moredeep, You should be congratulated for looking after your mate old Jack.. One trouble us oldies can have is that others and especially one's children try to wrap us up in cotton wool an action I deplore. Life is for living and there 's not much better than getting out into the bush with it's wild life and fresh air and perhaps a bit of gold.. I've had the 4x4 gone over thoroughly,, cost a bit, but it won't let me down because of worn parts.. If I get a flat in the middle of whoop whoop I'll just ring the RACQ.. Ha Ha.. dundiggin cheers cheers

dundiggin
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down