Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Don't walk away Renee.... detect, even if not detecting.....

2 posters

Go down

Don't walk away Renee.... detect, even if not detecting..... Empty Don't walk away Renee.... detect, even if not detecting.....

Post  Guest Thu Dec 26, 2019 2:55 am

I guess the "Member's Finds" area is appropriate for this, even if by accident... Wink

WOW... had a serious blond moment on the weekend, sharing in the hopes it saves you doing the same... LOL

I own several parcels of land in various rich areas and have had an ongoing issue with ATV'ers (that I won't get into, answer questions about etc here). Well this weekend I thought I'd try out the new Kubota and decommission one of the roads through the property (yes, I know they can go around, I"m giving them an indicator it's private land, I have no false beliefs it will stop them, this is one step in many that the Sheriff and I are taking to resolve this issue).... well as I was preparing to dig, my neighbor says to me "where's your detector"... I'm like "At home, today is a Kubota day, not detecting day silly" TOTALLY failing to make the connection that if you dig a hole in gold country for ANY reason, you don't walk away from it without swinging coil.... and went about my business..... within an hour of finishing, I watched two people (Yes, I know who you both are and I'd recommend taking Don's advise re what he said to you when he saw you loading up, you didn't see me like you told him, but I did see you, the Sheriff has both your names (J & W and photos of your ATV/bike and tread patterns..grin)...you were both vapor trails by the time I'd got to where you stopped, I didn't know a Suburban with a trailer could travel so fast..LOL) but I digress. 🤣

I get home and am chatting with a friend... and of course hear... "Did you check the trench before leaving?" OK.. now I'm really thinking "dang..." so it was late, I left it.... and went back the next morning.....

It's wild having swung on ground so long where you have to listen so hard to every little faint sound "is that a nugget, is that one" to squeek out one or two and then go to a freshly dug trench, step down into the trench of virgin dirt and BLAAAAAAAAAA BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA BLAAAAAAAAAAAAA blowing your ear off like it would have been for the old timers with the first detectors... Yea, I guess I'm calling SD and early detectorists old timers now.. lol.

Anyway... the moral of the story... if you are playing on your tractor in gold country..... "Don't walk away Renee", you may be leaving almost 4 grams behind for trespassers to find.... Sad

PS: While I may not be on Aussie soil, my prayers are with all of you down under as I watch 9, 7, 10 and ABC daily and see the tragedy unfolding..... Hugs and prayers to all my detecting brothers and sisters... please be safe. Crying or Very sad

Jen

Don't walk away Renee.... detect, even if not detecting..... 2019-111
Don't walk away Renee.... detect, even if not detecting..... 2019-113
Don't walk away Renee.... detect, even if not detecting..... 2019-112
Don't walk away Renee.... detect, even if not detecting..... 2019-116
Don't walk away Renee.... detect, even if not detecting..... 2019-115
Don't walk away Renee.... detect, even if not detecting..... 2019-114

Back to top Go down

Don't walk away Renee.... detect, even if not detecting..... Empty Re: Don't walk away Renee.... detect, even if not detecting.....

Post  joe82 Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:25 am

cool yarn mate and some nice gold as well Cool

joe82
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1156
Registration date : 2013-07-02

Back to top Go down

Don't walk away Renee.... detect, even if not detecting..... Empty Re: Don't walk away Renee.... detect, even if not detecting.....

Post  Guest Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:17 am

joe82 wrote:cool yarn mate and some nice gold as well Cool

Thanks Joe.... Very Happy

Jen

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Thu Dec 26, 2019 1:30 pm

Well, not having your detector with you, is a lesson learnt Jen. You just don't know who's watching you dig. You hear the same sort of thing taking place here down under. If it aint one claim jumper, it will be the next.

Cheers Kon. santa T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4505
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 26, 2019 1:35 pm

Kon61gold wrote:Well, not having your detector with you, is a lesson learnt Jen. You just don't know who's watching you dig. You hear the same sort of thing taking place here down under. If it aint one claim jumper, it will be the next.

Cheers Kon. santa T25

Cheers Kon... and Merry X'mas to you and your loved ones...

Jen

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Thu Dec 26, 2019 1:49 pm

Same to you Jen, enjoy the festive season, take care & best of luck to you out there.

Cheers Kon. Q11 santa cheers
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4505
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down