Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

QUESTION: re The Little Bendigo Diggings,Nerrina

4 posters

Go down

QUESTION:  re The Little Bendigo Diggings,Nerrina Empty QUESTION: re The Little Bendigo Diggings,Nerrina

Post  goldendream Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:38 am

Hi all, I was just wondering if there is anyone kind enough to shoot me the coordinates of The Little Bendigo Diggings in Nerrina.Been trying to figure it out for ages.Cheers, Trev. ( Trev's Outback and Gold Adventures" YouTube ) Smile

goldendream
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2010-10-08

Back to top Go down

QUESTION:  re The Little Bendigo Diggings,Nerrina Empty Re: QUESTION: re The Little Bendigo Diggings,Nerrina

Post  goldendream Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:46 pm

O well ,not to worry,I guess I keep searchin'.i'm gonna find it one day me hopes. Detecting

goldendream
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

QUESTION:  re The Little Bendigo Diggings,Nerrina Empty Re: QUESTION: re The Little Bendigo Diggings,Nerrina

Post  avon g Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:51 pm

Hey Trev,

The Little Bendigo Co. were a registered mining outfit who sunk a 39.6ft shaft through sandstone and shale for a total of 303oz of yella from 2301 tonnes of crap.

The exact position of their shaft was precicely just to the right and slightly to the left of the eucalypts out there East of Ballarat.

I may or may not have a pretty good idea of where that shaft is today, but perhaps you could explain why it's of such interest to you first? I don't want to be responsible for someone falling down a pit.

avon g
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2012-03-07

Back to top Go down

QUESTION:  re The Little Bendigo Diggings,Nerrina Empty Nerrina

Post  Reg Wilson Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:37 am

Don't know why you can't find Nerrina. It's on any map or Google. North east outskirts of Ballarat.
Reg Wilson
Reg Wilson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 624
Registration date : 2012-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post  avon g Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:28 pm

scratch

Laughing

Thanks Reg

avon g
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2012-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post  goldendream Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:35 pm

i have finally worked it out that Nerrina was generally known as the Little Bendigo Diggings.Thanks for the previous feedbacks.

goldendream
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

QUESTION:  re The Little Bendigo Diggings,Nerrina Empty Victorian Online Gold Maps

Post  Big Kev Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:14 am

Hi Trev
Have a look at www.goldmapsonline.com.au
There is a link to the Ballarat Goldfield District which includes Nerrina
Cheers
Kev

Big Kev
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-10-22

https://www.goldmapsonline.com.au/