Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New SDC Coils "bad batch" query

+4
Nightjar
tony p
AraratGold
Sharkbait
8 posters

Go down

New SDC Coils "bad batch" query Empty New SDC Coils "bad batch" query

Post  Sharkbait Sat May 18, 2019 8:51 am

G'day guys,i read on another forum that there were a few "dodgy" SDC Gold Extreme coils made Shocked

Just wondering if Coiltek know what serial numbers they were? And does anyone know how you can tell if you have an iffy coil?

I'm not saying I have a dodgy one,coz my SDC seems to run fine with the 14 x 9 coil that I bought..picking up plenty of tiny birdshot..no gold as yet Crying or Very sad Razz

Just curious Rolling Eyes

Cheers.... Dave
Sharkbait
Sharkbait
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 924
Registration date : 2013-03-07

Back to top Go down

New SDC Coils "bad batch" query Empty Re: New SDC Coils "bad batch" query

Post  AraratGold Sat May 18, 2019 11:18 am

Sharkbait wrote:G'day guys,i read on another forum that there were a few "dodgy" SDC Gold Extreme coils made Shocked

Just wondering if Coiltek know what serial numbers they were? And does anyone know how you can tell if you have an iffy coil?

I'm not saying I have a dodgy one,coz my SDC seems to run fine with the 14 x 9 coil that I bought..picking up plenty of tiny birdshot..no gold as yet Crying or Very sad  Razz

Just curious  Rolling Eyes

Cheers....  Dave

Dave,

Unfortunately, I have heard through the various forums and FB pages of a number of these coils just not performing as they should. I don't know if there was a bad batch, but I have heard of failures with the 11 round and 14x9, so it would seem that getting a good one is a bit of a lottery at the moment.

One thing you can be sure of though, if you do get a bad one, Trevor from Coiltek Manufacturing will replace it for you ! Very Happy

Rick
AraratGold
AraratGold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2009-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post  tony p Sat May 18, 2019 4:28 pm

Both Coiltek's and Nugget Finder's after market service has always been brilliant.
It's a mute point though...for whatever the reason...production issues or design issues peoples confidence in the coils
as been lost...I doubt if they will ever get that back.

tony p
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2018-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightjar Sat May 18, 2019 6:26 pm

I've been accused of flogging a dead horse on this matter.
I don't own a Coiltek coil and never will after this release total balls up.
There are some great after market coils that have proven to be a winner.
However customers paying top dollar for an unproven coil and expecting to report back with comparisons is what I'm on about.
Coiltek should have paid customers/testers to test & prove their coils before release, not how it was actually handled.
Customers have paid Coiltek then had the disappointment and inconvenience when the coil hasn't performed.

Nightjar
Nightjar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2689
Registration date : 2008-10-25

https://l.instagram.com/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fusr%2Fka

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Sat May 18, 2019 11:12 pm

Oi fellas, not that I own or have used one, but a friend of mine is more than happy with the performance of his new Coiltek 14X9 coil on his SDC 2300.
There are times (on the rare occasion) during the manufacturing process when something goes amiss & is not picked up in time before release, but this is not the place to discuss/condemn a certain make of coil or coil manufacturer. I'v had the odd rare faulty coil, from just about all major make/ detector coil manufacturers in the past, only to have the problems resolved/solved, the moment it was brought to their attention. I suggest all or any with a new detector/coil issue do the same. The sooner the problem is discussed with the dealer/manufacturer, the sooner the problem/s can be resolved/ironed out.

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4500
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  tony p Sun May 19, 2019 8:33 am

Kon61gold wrote:Oi fellas, not that I own or have used one, but a friend of mine is more than happy with the performance of his new Coiltek 14X9 coil on his SDC 2300.
There are times (on the rare occasion) during the manufacturing process when something goes amiss & is not picked up in time before release, but this is not the place to discuss/condemn a certain make of coil or coil manufacturer. I'v had the odd rare faulty coil, from just about all major make/ detector coil manufacturers in the past, only to have the problems resolved/solved, the moment it was brought to their attention. I suggest all or any with a new detector/coil issue do the same. The sooner the problem is discussed with the dealer/manufacturer, the sooner the problem/s can be resolved/ironed out.

Cheers Kon. T25

Quite right...there is also the problem of the SDC 'opening up the goldfields' when it came out and now the expectation that the new coils would have the same incredible results. However, after seeing the 11round (only for a very short time) I wouldn't spend the money..mind you...I don't go in for aftermarket things/mods anyway. Considering the enormous backlash over the coils I would be interested to know if it was design or individual coil issues.
Not stirring the pot...but would just like to know. Has Coiltek issued any statements???

tony p
Contributor
Contributor

Registration date : 2018-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  deutran Sun May 19, 2019 8:47 am

I had an opportunity to see the 10"x5" in action for a day on the SDC.I always believe that the true test of a coil is results over time unless the results are immediately obvious like the 14"Elite or 12"Evo coils were in the first week over our old patches.
All I can say is the result for the day wasn't favourable.
The good thing though is Coiltek have taken the initiative to finally produce a series of coils and fittings to fit the 2300.I'm sure they will continue to test and refine their coils and an opportunity exists now for other manufacturers to design coils which can be fitted straight away.
deutran
deutran
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2009-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Sharkbait Sun May 19, 2019 12:17 pm

G'day guys,
Thanks for all your feedback.My post wasn't intended as a knock at Coiltek,i reckon they make fine coils and I've been using them on and off for a few years now.

It was just an observation referring to a post from someone on another gold forum here in Oz.
Do we know for sure there's even been a 'bad batch' of these coils?.. there's been no mention anywhere of faulty Gold Extreme coils on the Coiltek website.

The jury is still out for me,i'll be persisting with my 14 x 9 for a while longer yet,and it'll be just a case of getting this coil over the right kind of ground methinks Rolling Eyes

Cheers.... Dave
Sharkbait
Sharkbait
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 924
Registration date : 2013-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post  hiluxer Thu May 23, 2019 9:39 am

Coiltek sent out a publicity email yesterday to those on their mailing list, which touches on the issue:

Thank you from Coiltek
   A big thankyou to our many Coiltek customers for their loyal support during the introduction of our New Gold Extreme coils. Gold Extreme was designed to enhance the performance of the SDC2300 metal detectors. Although some initial teething problems emerged, as would be expected during a new product launch, the positive response from customers across the globe has been overwhelming. The reported performance of Gold Extreme, out there in the field, has even exceeded our own expectations – so again many thanks...

The email goes on to show some very nice pics from successful buyers.

A friend bought one of the duds and suffered three days of constant noise/false signals, making several visits back to Coiltek Maryboro to check that it was fitted correctly and his settings were OK. They then sent it back to the factory, who promptly replaced it with a new one; "Like night and day", was his comment to me about the difference. Apparently Coilek tested 1 in 10 of the initial production run of 100, but this didn't catch the dodgies.

hiluxer
Contributor
Contributor

Registration date : 2017-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Coiltek Manufacturing Thu May 30, 2019 3:27 pm

Hi All.

As with any new product releases from many manufacturers in many industries teething problems may occur and yes there were some with the New GOLD EXTREME coils for the SDC however anyone who has had or has an issue we have/will deal with and ensure they get a product that performs correctly. The issues were not consistent so not all coils displayed this behavior.

As you would be aware it is not in any companies best interest to release a product with a possible problem and we can assure you if we knew of it before the release would have went without an issue.

Due to the result of the small number of faulty coils we have made a slight change to address the issue and it should prevent any further occurrences however this does not mean that if you have an early coil and it is performing well that you need to worry.

Of course, if you feel that you have a Coiltek product that may be not performing please contact us so we can help you out.

Here are a few photos of some nuggets with the coils and we are getting reports nearly every day of late of how these coils are providing more chances to find gold with the SDC.

New SDC Coils "bad batch" query Sagold10
New SDC Coils "bad batch" query 1_ounc10
New SDC Coils "bad batch" query Img_3810

Trevor @ Coiltek.
Coiltek Manufacturing
Coiltek Manufacturing
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2008-11-19

Back to top Go down