Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nice Big Nugget

+8
ben digo
GemQ
Travelergold
Detectist
Redfin
ttrash
Kon61gold
Jay Gold
12 posters

Go down

Nice Big Nugget  Empty Nice Big Nugget

Post  Jay Gold Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:32 pm

Gday Folks,

I thought you'd might like to see this nice Wedderburn nugget i found recently. It was quite shallow and I thought it was rubbish at first but as you'll see, that was not the case. It was in an area that had lots of recent holes and quite a few were unfilled. Just make sure you never leave a target in the ground because I'm pretty sure this one defiantly overlooked by a few unlucky prospectors. All the best and good luck out there. JG.

Jay Gold
Jay Gold
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2015-03-02

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeIyXg5rKxtrVNJPEM7FAgw

Back to top Go down

Nice Big Nugget  Empty Re: Nice Big Nugget

Post  Kon61gold Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:41 pm

Now that's a good slug of gold. Congratulations to you & much appreciate you sharing your experience with us Jay. Q36 Q11 cheers

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4500
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Nice Big Nugget  Empty Big slug

Post  ttrash Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:52 pm

Boy oh boy , Congratulations...!!

It’s a beaut alright

Looks like a mini hand of faith ....!!

Great footage
ttrash
ttrash
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 662
Registration date : 2011-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Redfin Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:53 pm

Thats a cracker JG, congratulations.
Redfin
Redfin
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 679
Registration date : 2013-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Detectist Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:48 pm

What a great find Jay Gold! Congrats!

(Dan)
Detectist
Detectist
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 375
Registration date : 2010-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Travelergold Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:05 pm

Jay gold, great find, i think you are making some of us jealous, i certainly am. Some celebrating would have been done after unearthing that beauty. Holy Moly T21

Travelergold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2017-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post  GemQ Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:30 pm

Great stuff Jay - Looks like some hard yakka paid off.

Can I be next please.. Q10 T26
GemQ
GemQ
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 576
Registration date : 2012-12-24

https://www.youtube.com/user/GemQ1?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post  ben digo Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:58 pm

Jay Gold wrote:Gday Folks,

I thought you'd might like to see this nice Wedderburn nugget i found recently. It was quite shallow and I thought it was rubbish at first but as you'll see, that was not the case. It was in an area that had lots of recent holes and quite a few were unfilled. Just make sure you never leave a target in the ground because I'm pretty sure this one defiantly overlooked by a few unlucky prospectors. All the best and good luck out there. JG.

So there's still hope that I will find one someday Sad
ben digo
ben digo
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2018-09-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Igotlucky Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:32 am

What a great find! Thanks for sharing.

Igotlucky
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2017-05-25

Back to top Go down

Nice Big Nugget  Empty The Dog

Post  Ivan N Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:47 pm

Bloody hell Jay, i want to touch you`re shirt, like the woman who wanted to touch jesus so she could be cured, but in your case, have some of that luck rub back my way LOL, I would call that nugget the " Sleeping Dog" can anybody else see it?

Ivan N
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2017-09-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:05 pm

Very nice nuggy there JG. T06 Congrats on a very nice nuggy and thanks for sharing. T25

Cheers.

Mike.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay Gold Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:35 am

Cheers everyone!

Ivan N wrote:Bloody hell Jay, i want to touch you`re shirt, like the woman who wanted to touch jesus so she could be cured, but in your case, have some of that luck rub back my way LOL, I would call that nugget the " Sleeping Dog" can anybody else see it?

Ivan, i do see the sleeping dog! The other side of the nugg looks like a dog also...
One end looks like the head of an anaconda..

Nice Big Nugget  Img_6611
Nice Big Nugget  Img_6610
Jay Gold
Jay Gold
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2015-03-02

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeIyXg5rKxtrVNJPEM7FAgw

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:49 am

Congratulations Jay gold

What a beauty!! Q38

Back to top Go down

Nice Big Nugget  Empty Area?

Post  Ivan N Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:17 pm

Jay, i was just in wedderburn for 3 days trying to find your spot, and though i did`nt look everywhere, i am pretty sure of the area, will maybe try to find it next time i head down there.
In your video at the start, the leaf litter on the ground tells us that very few people have detected the area, but every area i went to has been smashed by possibly 1000`s of coils, so that only leaves around 2 area`s i can think of, but it`s probably to late for us all as you and some others have got it all, i know by a lot of your vids, you`ve been hitting the "thick" area`s, but i reckon there could`nt be too many more of these area`s left in the G.T. dont ya reckon Jay?
After walking over smashed ground, i came to the realisation that i have become the definition of insanity, and what is this definition you might ask?
detecting the same ground that possibly 1000`s of coils have passed over with technology that is equal to or inferior to many 100`s to 1000`s of machines that have also passed over this ground, in any hobby, we do it because we get something out of it, and when we are prospecting we of course expect to find gold, the last 4 occasions i have found jack .... , and after thinking about it realise why, 2 reasons; using an old detector and not looking for new ground that has a minimum of people walk over it, if i am to stay in this hobby those 2 things must change, and that`s something i need to think about over the long hot summer.

Ivan N
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:45 pm

Gidday Ivan N ,It's always nice to find a bit of color ,but I think the real gold is getting out in the bush, wandering around aimlessly like I normally do,
catching up with mates and having a beverage after a days detecting,[that's the GOLD Smile] .Finding something is a by product.
I've been months without colour and it doesn't matter,just to get out there and breath in life, it's the best,most of all keep trying cheers

cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Number of posts : 1853
Registration date : 2018-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:59 pm

Jay
Congrats on a great find.The beauty of it is at that depth any Minelab PI machine would have found it.
Cheers Dig

Back to top Go down

Nice Big Nugget  Empty Yeah Mate

Post  Ivan N Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:04 pm

Moredeep, i get what ya saying, it`s great to get out in the bush, good for the soul, it just gets a bit discouraging not finding a colour but digging deep junk, which i manage to do every time i go out, it really does make you wonder if those big one`s even exist deeper down, coz i know in testing my machine can pick up the top of a coke can easily at a metre deep, but in saying that i did that testing in Castlemaine, but Wedderburn, the mineralisation is crazy, had to rebalance every 2-3 metre`s, it`s that red clay, makes you wonder how much depth we are losing in that ground?

Ivan N
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:33 pm

Good old victorian red soil Ivan,it's a real curse,I've dug targets that keep screaming until you pull out the big clump of pink/red slate and then the hole goes quiet,
I curse and curse but get up a keep going,I adjust the machine so it's quieter and wonder what I,m going to miss.
There's no sage advice when it come to detecting,apart from ,I'd rather be doing that than walking around a golf course getting frustrated Laughing

cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Number of posts : 1853
Registration date : 2018-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post  mbasko Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:32 pm

Nice bit there Jay!
Been enjoying the vids for awhile T06

mbasko