Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1 tiny piece for me

4 posters

Go down

1 tiny piece for me Empty 1 tiny piece for me

Post  NeoGeo Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:20 pm

G'day all,

Well, after what seems like an eternity. I managed to snag this little tacker last week. I only seem to be able to get out during the School Holidays these days. As life keeps getting in the way. I reckon its been six months between nuggets.

It went .85
1 tiny piece for me 20180710

These two went 29 and 22 grams. They were found by a nice bloke who headed back to his camp to retrieve them for my 2 sons and I to drool over.
He has only been detecting for three months and were found with a Z.
The 29 gram piece was found at 18" and were found 4 mtrs apart.
1 tiny piece for me 20180711
They were great to hold. The hand in the photo is my 9 year old sons (for a size reference)

Cheers,
NG.
NeoGeo
NeoGeo
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2015-05-06

Back to top Go down

1 tiny piece for me Empty Re: 1 tiny piece for me

Post  llanbric Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:13 am

NeoGeo wrote:G'day all,

Well, after what seems like an eternity. I managed to snag this little tacker last week. I only seem to be able to get out during the School Holidays these days. As life keeps getting in the way. I reckon its been six months between nuggets.

It went .85
1 tiny piece for me 20180710

These two went 29 and 22 grams. They were found by a nice bloke who headed back to his camp to retrieve them for my 2 sons and I to drool over.
He has only been detecting for three months and were found with a Z.
The 29 gram piece was found at 18" and were found 4 mtrs apart.
1 tiny piece for me 20180711
They were great to hold. The hand in the photo is my 9 year old sons (for a size reference)

Cheers,
NG.

Wedderburn caravan Park, a nice Irish bloke, found about a month ago?  We had been hoping he would find something worth talking about.  Day after day he would leave at 7am and detect in the cold, returning for a warm shower in the afternoon, finally he found 2 for 51 grams, everyone was so happy for him because he really paid his dues before the nuggets turned up.

llanbric
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 414
Registration date : 2008-11-17

Back to top Go down

Post  NeoGeo Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:56 am

Yep, spot on llanbric. And here I was thinking he was Scottish Shocked Laughing
Definitely a top bloke. He rolled into our camp for a chat and was pretty keen to show us.
On his return, after showing the three of us. He hung around for a bit of a chat too.

How did you go up in Wedderburn? Hopefully you did better than me Very Happy

Last edited by NeoGeo on Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:57 am; edited 1 time in total
NeoGeo
NeoGeo
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2015-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:56 am

Nice bit of gold none the less Lee, well done & a big thanks/congratulations to the finder of the larger slugs of gold he was prepared to share with us. Top going, well done to ya.

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4505
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  llanbric Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:39 pm

NeoGeo wrote:Yep, spot on llanbric. And here I was thinking he was Scottish Shocked Laughing
Definitely a top bloke. He rolled into our camp for a chat and was pretty keen to show us.
On his return, after showing the three of us. He hung around for a bit of a chat too.

How did you go up in Wedderburn? Hopefully you did better than me Very Happy

Hi NatGeo, I've just remembered his name is Jim, nice bloke from Kangaroo Island.

My wife and I dislike caravan parks, we normally park our van in the bush somewhere, 3 years ago we decided to stay at the Wedderburn caravan park for one night, which turned into 2 months, there is something about the place and the fellow prospectors around the fire at night.   I've seen some good sized, freshly dug nuggets there but it's mostly subgrammers, we have really only have just covered our beverage costs for each stay.  I was onto deepish possibly good ground when an old shoulder rotator cuff tear played up seriously so I had to pack it in.  Wedderburn (like anywhere else) needs plenty of patience and dedicated detecting, and luck.

llanbric
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 414
Registration date : 2008-11-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Axtyr Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:18 pm

NeoGeo, 0.85 grams is pretty good these days and I would be happy to find a few of them every time I went out.
Those big nuggets are a delight to see even if you didn't find them, great eye candy for us prospectors.

Regards Axtyr.

Axtyr
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 846
Registration date : 2014-01-20

Back to top Go down