Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

7000 settings

2 posters

Go down

7000 settings Empty 7000 settings

Post  scooter Mon May 14, 2018 10:21 pm

Hi Fellas, a long time since i have posted, but check out the forum most days. I have updated my 7000 but havent had the chance to use it since then, was wondering what results you have had with the new settings in WA  around the Murchison area and what settings are working for you. Scooter

scooter
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2010-03-04

Back to top Go down

7000 settings Empty Re: 7000 settings

Post  Jonathan Porter Tue May 15, 2018 5:09 am

Gold Mode High Yield
Ground Type Difficult
Sensitivity 9
Volume 8 (B&Z booster dual speakers for crystal clear, distortion free, pure detector sound)
Threshold Pitch 60
Ground Balance Semi Auto
Ground Smoothing OFF
Audio Smoothing OFF
Threshold 27
GPS OFF!!

Hope this helps
JP
Jonathan Porter
Jonathan Porter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 801
Registration date : 2008-11-25

http://www.theoutbackprospector.com.au

Back to top Go down

7000 settings Empty 7000 settings

Post  scooter Tue May 15, 2018 7:44 am

Thanks JP Sorry should have mentioned using 19 inch looking mainly for deeper stuff,using the b&zds you repaired for me some time ago, I missed you in Meeka by a day if you remember, I will be in some hot stuff searching the area where Longy used to be, thanks for your help Scooter.

scooter
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2010-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 16, 2018 7:21 am

scooter wrote:Thanks JP Sorry should have mentioned using 19 inch looking mainly for deeper stuff,using the b&zds you repaired for me some time ago, I missed you in Meeka by a day if you remember, I will be in some hot stuff searching the area where Longy used to be, thanks for your help Scooter.

While I'm not JP, you may enjoy this video if using the 19", if you have not seen it already.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIot9Pr_PkM

Good luck out there, it's an amazing coil, I love mine.

Jen

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonathan Porter Wed May 16, 2018 3:01 pm

Using the 19 coil depends on the sized gold your looking for (best referred to as time constant rather than size) and the ground type your working in. In the case of Difficult, there is a BIG difference between High Yield and General on fast time constant targets and slower ones. Solid Nuggets will come in better in General and speci and more friable angular gold will respond better on High Yield. For Normal things get a bit more interesting, I've found if the Salt levels will allow High Yield\Normal will give the most grunt\outright depth but conditions need to right especially if salt is present. Otherwise settings are pretty much as above especially the Semi Auto GB mode.
Hope this helps
JP
Jonathan Porter
Jonathan Porter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 801
Registration date : 2008-11-25

http://www.theoutbackprospector.com.au

Back to top Go down