Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Detecting around Bright [Victoria], and surrounding areas.

3 posters

Go down

Detecting around Bright [Victoria], and surrounding areas. Empty Detecting around Bright [Victoria], and surrounding areas.

Post  old goldy Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:13 pm

Good evening all.My wife and I, are planning to go to Bright for a week or so, and, even though we have inquired to the relevant Govt sites, [and having not much luck], we would like to know if any of the readers in this forum, can tell me, if I need to have either in the car [4WD Prado], snow chains, or have them fitted to our tyres.We are planning to go there late November / early December.We are definitely going to do some Metal Detecting as well. So if anyone knows about some areas we should try, I will accept the info with great pleasure.We are both from South Australia, so please don't hold that against us.We both are in our 60's, so would prefer areas that aren't too hilly, which is a bit silly to say, seeing as how we will be in the Victorian High Country.Thanking you all in advance.

old goldy

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2016-12-28

Back to top Go down

Detecting around Bright [Victoria], and surrounding areas. Empty Re: Detecting around Bright [Victoria], and surrounding areas.

Post  HOBO'S Gold Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:20 pm

Not much gold detecting around Bright, you may find a few relics. If you can try and get a copy of "The Bright District Nugget book" by R J Kaufman.
HOBO'S Gold
HOBO'S Gold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 969
Registration date : 2008-10-22

https://www.youtube.com/user/HOBOsGold?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Detecting around Bright [Victoria], and surrounding areas. Empty Re: Detecting around Bright [Victoria], and surrounding areas.

Post  Axtyr Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:10 pm

G'day Old Goldy.

You only need to carry chains during the snow season and they only need to be fitted once you get to a certain elevation.

I fish around there during early November and only drive my Holden sedan.

There will be plenty of river to pan in and if you want to detect then you could try the Buckland Valley starting back at Porepunkah but you will probably have more luck panning. There are a lot of tracks you can drive along and some may require creek or river crossings so just make sure you're comfortable doing river crossings. Most crossings should be shallow in the creeks and the Buckland River but the Ovens River may still be running a little high in late November depending on how much rain they get.

Regards Axtyr.

Axtyr
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 846
Registration date : 2014-01-20

Back to top Go down