Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Detecting areas

2 posters

Go down

Detecting areas Empty Detecting areas

Post  Scottg Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:30 pm

Hi all, we are travelling around the country and currently in Mareeba in Nth QLD. Can anyone tell me some areas around Mareeba to try my luck or if anyone would like to go for a swing.I have been told Dimbula, Palmer River, Mt. Molloy and Mt. Garnet. any ideas would be helpful.

Cheers Gary.

Scottg
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2012-07-28

Back to top Go down

Detecting areas Empty Re: Detecting areas

Post  bicter Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:01 pm

Hi Garry,
I know it's a bit of a distance away but if you are prepared to travel to Georgetown there are a few stations that do pay to detect. off the top of my head, there is Dell's hole station - we had some fair success there, then there is ropewalk, which I believe is closed at the moment and a new station where some good bits are being found at western creek station. I believe western creek advertise on this site under commercial advertisers.
Also try and get in touch with rc62burke on this forum, he is generally quite helpful.
Good luck
Terry

Last edited by bicter on Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added info)
bicter
bicter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 394
Registration date : 2012-03-18

Back to top Go down