Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WARNING--FAKE GPX5000 ON EBAY AND ON GUMTREE

4 posters

Go down

WARNING--FAKE GPX5000 ON EBAY AND ON GUMTREE Empty WARNING--FAKE GPX5000 ON EBAY AND ON GUMTREE

Post  Guest Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:21 am

Is it just me that gets peed off when I see people openly trying to sell DODGY chinelab detectors?, this one is on both Ebay and Gumtree, I reported one someone was selling saying it was just for parts on Ebay 3 times and it was still sold by auction, that was about a week ago and now this one has appeared and could be the same one, the seller claims that it handles mineralised ground and works as it should, they are knowingly and openly selling a dud machine that will never be the same as a genuine one and the end result is some poor bunny loses their money, anyway you be the judge.

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/seaford/other-electronics-computers/minelab-gpx-5000-metal-detector/1168107628

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/minelab-gpx-5000/173019857895?hash=item2848c983e7:g:ZLEAAOSwKQ9aKOQz

au-fever

Back to top Go down

WARNING--FAKE GPX5000 ON EBAY AND ON GUMTREE Empty Re: WARNING--FAKE GPX5000 ON EBAY AND ON GUMTREE

Post  hiluxer Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:52 am

Good onya, mate - I know from my own experiences how hard it is to get any action from eBay nowadays. They've even built a deliberate time delay into their online reporting system, which seems purely designed to frustrate reporting attempts.

Meanwhile their metal detector listings are full of fake Chinese Fisher/Teknetics detectors, Garrett pinpointers, and lately Minelab GPX's too. Even the seller declaring that the machine may be/is fake doesn't stop a later owner selling it or its components as real. I reckon the only place for this junk is under the tracks of a D9.

hiluxer
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2017-06-04

Back to top Go down

WARNING--FAKE GPX5000 ON EBAY AND ON GUMTREE Empty Re: WARNING--FAKE GPX5000 ON EBAY AND ON GUMTREE

Post  Mechanic Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:32 pm

Yep, that one is as fake as a fake can be.

Ebay don't give 2 rats about it. I have given up reporting them as they never take them down, so it is just a waste of time.

Cheers Mick

Mechanic
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 695
Registration date : 2011-02-20

https://DetectronicsAustralia.com

Back to top Go down

Post  austracker Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:39 pm

both links dead,looks like they removed them Very Happy
will keep a lookout and see if they reappear.

austracker
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2017-07-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:55 am

And another, even the pawn shops are selling them, have a look at the price they are asking.

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/guildford/miscellaneous-goods/minelab-metal-detector-gpx5000-/1168012971

au-fever

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:07 am

Mechanic wrote:Yep, that one is as fake as a fake can be.

Ebay don't give 2 rats about it. I have given up reporting them as they never take them down, so it is just a waste of time.

Cheers Mick

Hi Mick

I am hearing you mate and yes sometimes it is a waste of time and sometimes its not, my reason for trying to trip these rats over is these days many people and businesses like ebay, gumtree and pawn brokers, don't care about anybody but themselves and are so greedy for a dollar they are willing to knowingly sell a dud item and rip people off, the bigger issue though is that some people who have bought a bunky detector are rats themselves and as soon as they find out its a dud they then whack the thing back on gumtree or ebay again and try to unload it on some other bunny, what a wonderful society we live in today.

au-fever

Back to top Go down

Post  Mechanic Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:36 am

au-fever wrote:
Mechanic wrote:Yep, that one is as fake as a fake can be.

Cheers Mick

Hi Mick

I am hearing you mate and yes sometimes it is a waste of time and sometimes its not, my reason for trying to trip these rats over is these days many people and businesses like ebay, gumtree and pawn brokers, don't care about anybody but themselves and are so greedy for a dollar they are willing to knowingly sell a dud item and rip people off, the bigger issue though is that some people who have bought a bunky detector are rats themselves and as soon as they find out its a dud they then whack the thing back on gumtree or ebay again and try to unload it on some other bunny, what a wonderful society we live in today.

au-fever

I am actually really suprised that it was taken down and so quickly Shocked
Perhaps the seller decided they actually had a heart and couldn't go through with it?

Cheers Mick

Mechanic
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 695
Registration date : 2011-02-20

https://DetectronicsAustralia.com

Back to top Go down

Post  austracker Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:56 am

au-fever wrote:And another, even the pawn shops are selling them, have a look at the price they are asking.

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/guildford/miscellaneous-goods/minelab-metal-detector-gpx5000-/1168012971

au-fever
I think they must be reading your posts,that one is gone also.good worl Very Happy

austracker
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2017-07-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:07 am

And another on Ebay Mad

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Metal-Detector-Minelab/272990299112?hash=item3f8f7d63e8:g:tzAAAOSw3RZaOkTp

au-fever

Back to top Go down

Post  rowdy Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:04 pm

19 bids on that one and he doesn't have a paypal account which means if you pay by any other means you have no comeback to get your money back. Someone may be very disappointed this Christmas.
Rowdy.
rowdy
rowdy
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2008-10-21

Back to top Go down