Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Geologist Andrew Bales will be at the Bash this year giving lectures on "How to find Big Gold"

Go down

Geologist Andrew Bales will be at the Bash this year giving lectures on "How to find Big Gold" Empty Re: Geologist Andrew Bales will be at the Bash this year giving lectures on "How to find Big Gold"

Post  spinifex Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:44 am

I attended Andrew's one day class in Dunolly this September. It was so informative both in the class room and in the field. I have never been to the Victorian golf fields, so it's all new ground and spent four days going to different areas looking at the things I learnt on the day's course. I started to understand what the ground was telling me and could see what the old timers were up to.
Eventually the cold 2-11c wind 18-20 kph and showers chased me home and it's too hot now where I go detecting so it's going to be next year before I can expand my newly acquired skills in the field that I am familiar with.
It has also changed the way I research and what I read, so I am into it.

Hopefully, Andrew will expand the course over a few more days and cover additional subjets. He has so much to offer. If he does, I will be there. I can read a geology book several times and it won't sink in, but when explained in layman terms and eye contact, somehow I get it. He did say you will have a light bulb moment about something in the course, I did on the day and another a few weeks later reading his notes, so the experience is ongoing.
If you get a chance to say good day at the bash, do it and definitely attend his lecture/talk.
All the best.
Pete

spinifex
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2009-11-29

Back to top Go down