Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday morning, Whipstick, near Bendigo.

Go down

Sunday morning, Whipstick, near Bendigo. Empty Sunday morning, Whipstick, near Bendigo.

Post  Brown Snake Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:43 pm

Mate and I, both with 45's and 18 inch mono's, working a well gone over gully. Taking a breather I watched him get a signal and scratch about for a bit at gully bottom. When he took off detector and harness and went back to the car for the shovel, I thought this could be interesting. I switched off and went down for a look. After digging down to clay bottom, about 18 inches, the signal came from the last excavation. We ferreted around in the mud and came up with a small silver coin. Later at home, a scrub up revealed an American 'half Dime', dated 1849.
Not a bad little grab for a Sunday mornings stroll! Might be worth something too!
Brown Snake
Brown Snake
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2010-08-14

Back to top Go down

Sunday morning, Whipstick, near Bendigo. Empty Re: Sunday morning, Whipstick, near Bendigo.

Post  Acan Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:16 pm

Hi Brown Snake. Coin is worth around $50 to $150 depends on condition. Good find, a wonder who lost it, a early american fossicker come over from California. That rush was 1848 to 1859. Did you find any nuggets. Acan jocolor

Acan
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2010-05-17

Back to top Go down

Sunday morning, Whipstick, near Bendigo. Empty Suday morning, Whipstick, near Bendigo.

Post  Brown Snake Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:39 pm

Thanks acan for reply. didnt find any gold today, but its there!
Ciao
brown snake
Brown Snake
Brown Snake
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2010-08-14

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum