Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

new to metal detecting

2 posters

Go down

new to metal detecting  Empty new to metal detecting

Post  oldbob Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:03 pm

hi im just woundering if metal decting is for ME im retired profesanal prawn trawler owner operator (70 Years OLD with a bad back )
i would like to get a dector that will work but not break the bank to see if its wat i want to do with my spare time as weare traviling ozz in a caravan ,and end up in a lot of places were there nothing to do . where should i start as fare as a resionable detecor but somthing light
thank for any responce
oldbob

oldbob
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2016-06-25

Back to top Go down

new to metal detecting  Empty Re: new to metal detecting

Post  kon61 Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:38 pm

G'day Bob,welcome to the forum

A new or second hand SDC 2300 is the way to go,if you're into nugget hunting.It is lighter than a GPX or GPZ 7000. There are are much lighter in weight detectors than the Minelab SDC (such that of the Fisher Gold Bug 2,Minelab Eureka Gold,Garret A/T Gold etc) but struggle to some extent over mineralized/highly mineralized ground.(such that encountered on most Australian gold fields) On the other hand,if you'r in constant back pain,to some annoying degree or another,you'll find it a struggle altogether,cause this game (although tops for keeping fit) unfortunately,requires a lot of back bending & on occasion,back breaking work. Not trying to scare you off here Bob,only you know what you can/cannot handle.There are times though,when I'v felt like a laden saddled mule,stumbling over the hill sides nearing the days end,but I wouldn't change it for the world. Q35 cheers

Cheers Kon. Q11
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

new to metal detecting  Empty Re: new to metal detecting

Post  oldbob Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:54 am

hi thanks for the reply i might see if i can go out with someone who is in to it and see how i go ,a friend has one but he doesent get time to use it might talk him in takeing a day out with it cheers

oldbob
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2016-06-25

Back to top Go down