Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mays Central Branch Meeting

2 posters

Go down

Mays Central Branch Meeting  Empty Mays Central Branch Meeting

Post  Guest Sat May 14, 2016 6:56 pm

This coming Wednesday 18th is our monthly meeting at the Maryborough Highland Club. Tea at 6.pm & meeting at 7.pm. We won't be having a guest speaker this month, but we will be discussing maintenance and up keep of your equipment. So if anyone has any modification that you may have done to your machines or equipment and you would like to share it with us, please bring it a long or even a photo or two.  You don't have to be a member of the Central Branch to join use at any of our branch meetings. Just a member of the PMAV. All welcome, including guests.
wombat Wink

Back to top Go down

Mays Central Branch Meeting  Empty Re: Mays Central Branch Meeting

Post  Guest Tue May 17, 2016 8:02 am

Just a reminder about tomorrow night Central Branch meeting (Wed.) Tea at 6 pm, meeting at 7 pm. Topic, looking after your gear and may be detector settings as well. We are having our 1st raffle this month as well. There is one very good raffle prize donated by Coiltek Maryborough, that we may run over a 3 month period. Meeting at the Maryborough Highland Society in High St. All welcome.
wombat Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  Rwork Fri May 20, 2016 9:45 am

How did the meeting go? I would like to attend one day but Swan Hill to Maryborough is a fair way for just the meeting. Bpc outings always follow the second Friday in the month.

Rwork
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2011-04-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 22, 2016 10:40 pm

Hi Rwork, sorry mate but I just noticed your post. So here is my report on Wed. nights meet that I put up on our PMAV Central Branch Face Book Page.

Last nights meeting was very enjoyable and relaxing with 19 members turning up. Like most branches right now, lots of our members are interstate enjoying the good weather and finding gold. It was great to have Bert McAuley a "Life Member" of the PMAV at our meeting. Bert joined the PMAV when it was first formed in 1981 and has been a member ever since. The raffle went of really well with 6 prizes up for grabs. We were also every lucky and very grateful of receiving a Go- Find 20 metal detector donated by Coiltek Maryborough as a raffle prize. We are running this for 3 meeting before it is drawn. After the nights formalities there was an open forum discussion about coil, equipment, and detector maintenance. One of our members brought along his SDC2300 to show how he did some mods to improve the handling of his machine to suit him. It was very interesting. Later there was a discussion about detector settings. This was mainly around the 4500 & 5000 machine with different coil sizes. I would like again to thank the Highland Club for a great meal and for looking after us by setting up our meeting room. Thank You. Our next meeting is on Wed.15th. June and again at the Highland Club Maryborough.
Bill Schulz
Branch President

Back to top Go down

Post  Rwork Mon May 23, 2016 9:39 am

Thanks Bill, see you in October for the AGM. I checked the mileage, for me it is a 1000km round trip.

Rwork
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Grandfather Johnson Mon May 23, 2016 10:00 am

G'day Rewok ,Check the mileage again, my calculations are about 220kl each way making all up 440 Klicks . Cheers Bruce

Grandfather Johnson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 375
Registration date : 2009-06-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Rwork Mon May 23, 2016 10:40 am

I am in Swan hill, the AGM is down in Gippsland. 6 hours 33 minutes if i go through Baw Baw. The map makes it look longer for me going through Melbourne but the time shows as quicker. Not worth the hassle of a city drive with a van on. I thought last years AGM was far enough away. I appreciate that the Gippsland branch travel a long way to come up to the Triangle but at least they have a chance of detecting some gold after the AGM.

Rwork
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Grandfather Johnson Mon May 23, 2016 11:07 am

Sorry Embarassed I didn't read your post right & thought you were saying the meeting in Maryborough, Me bad. Cheers

Grandfather Johnson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 375
Registration date : 2009-06-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 23, 2016 4:27 pm

On Sunday (22nd May) the Central Branch had their monthly get together and went out for a bit of a swing at the Wild Dog Lead. With 17 members in tow, I first took them to a spot that on most maps it shows it as private property. But it is not. At this spot there were 8 very small nuggets found. After a few hour I then took them to the Wild Dog Reserve (yes you are allowed to detect there) But at that spot one nugget only was found. I was hoping to find a Birthday nugget for myself, but no go as I was called home as my wife has been very ill for the last week or so. Oh well I'll have to wait till next year to get that birthday nugget.
wombat Wink

Back to top Go down