Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi everyone - specifically around SE QLD / Brisbane

2 posters

Go down

Hi everyone - specifically around SE QLD / Brisbane Empty Hi everyone - specifically around SE QLD / Brisbane

Post  JasonR 15th August 2010, 1:04 pm

Hi,
First off must say I am new to this - dont even have the money for a nice expensive minelabs detector.
I have been reading all the posts, researching etc etc - to the point of spending hours trolling the net for info.
However Im sure that personal experience is more valuable than any dot com places I have found.
At this point in time im hoping only to find a grain or two of the good stuff. Just enough to spur me and my family on
to a bit more serious prospecting.
Heres the situation, me and some friends are planning a weekend away at either Thanes creek or Nanango for some panning or detecting.
The only detector i have found in Brisbane for hire is a Minelabs musketeer (dont even think you can find gold with them ???? from what ive read)
however must do with what we can find right Smile
Ive also noted elsewhere in this forum maps and pics and things of areas around Mt Kootha, Enogerra creek etc etc, also noted that one poster claimed
a store keeper told him to buy a fishing rod instead lol Smile
So what I would really appreciate knowing is where should I go thats close by, and has a better than average chance of finding something.
Yep I know, post number 55000 asking the same question, ....
All i can say is PLEASE Smile can someone offer something that will result in me not wasting an entire weekend looking and the following week feeling like a fool.
Does anyone know of any hire companies that hire better detectors than the Musketeer Advantage. (in Brisbane)

Kind Regards
JasonR

JasonR
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2010-08-15

Back to top Go down

Hi everyone - specifically around SE QLD / Brisbane Empty Re: Hi everyone - specifically around SE QLD / Brisbane

Post  Ikbok 20th August 2010, 9:29 pm

Don't bother - buy a fishing rod instead.

Ikbok
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-08-11

Back to top Go down

Hi everyone - specifically around SE QLD / Brisbane Empty awww shucks ;)

Post  JasonR 22nd August 2010, 6:31 pm

your first post on this forum and its directed at me ... cool Smile

But your first post is designed to put me off before ive even started ... thanks I think ...

But ....... my bubble remains intact and i would suggest you ask the masses "hands up those who have found gold in QLD" ...

We can start with Gympie ... then Clermont, umm then lets perhaps head to Warwick .... oh oh oh what about Brisbane, Camp Hill, Ormeau etc etc ....

And I would argue, based on experience, that there is probably more gold here than there are fish Wink

JasonR
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Hi everyone - specifically around SE QLD / Brisbane Empty Re: Hi everyone - specifically around SE QLD / Brisbane

Post  Ikbok 22nd August 2010, 7:35 pm

No, I just get bugger all of either - that's why I'm here too.

Ikbok
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-08-11

Back to top Go down

Hi everyone - specifically around SE QLD / Brisbane Empty Well lets change that shall we :)

Post  JasonR 23rd August 2010, 6:19 am

PM'd ya

JasonR
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down