Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hydrogen boosters on vehicles. Get better mileage.

+4
nuggertman
shandeemax
GoldstalkerGPX
artrix
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Hydrogen boosters on vehicles. Get better mileage. Empty Hydrogen boosters on vehicles. Get better mileage.

Post  Guest Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:13 pm

Howdy,

Wondering if anyone has a hydrogen booster system on their vehicle or knows someone using one?

I bought a system a while ago, first purchase off ebay..... mongrel never sent me proper instructions amongst other delays etc so I have never installed it.
But am thinking about it for the diesel ute as there is no sensors to worry about. (I bought to install on a V6 VY but it"s sensored up and needs to be "tricked" properly- i gave up on that one for the time being.
I think i might need to do something about the timing of diesel injectors, but not sure what.

The mongrel i bought off said there were trials going on in some mining trucks, with promising results. Anyone know about this?

I am happy that these systems work, but obviously with hydrogen involved.... Hydrogen boosters on vehicles. Get better mileage. Bom things need to be right!!

Interested in thoughts.

Cheers.

PS: here is someone in Vic apparently doing some legal installs.
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/SUPPLY-FIT-FULLY-AUTOMATIC-HYDROGEN-FUEL-SYSTEM-/250670103478?cmd=ViewItem&pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a5d1a3bb6

and this is the mongrel i bought off... http://cgi.ebay.com.au/HHO-Hydrogen-Generator-Plans-Hydrogen-hybrid-free-gas-/250670953259?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3a5d27332b

PSS: the ducks nuts ... http://hydrogengarage.com/

Back to top Go down

Hydrogen boosters on vehicles. Get better mileage. Empty Re: Hydrogen boosters on vehicles. Get better mileage.

Post  Guest Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:59 am

Someone on one of the other forums had a go at using one. Here is the link Click

Back to top Go down

Hydrogen boosters on vehicles. Get better mileage. Empty Re: Hydrogen boosters on vehicles. Get better mileage.

Post  artrix Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:34 am

I actually made a dry cell one a few years agao and set it up on my 2.7 turbo diesel nissan and I did feel that it made the engine run smoother and after a couple of tanks I came to the conclusion that there was really something in it. I took it off only because my dodgy wiring was not up to the job. I have been running my car on waste vege oil for a few years so I haven't got my finger out and wire it up correctly.
Look up dry cells they are more effecient than the steel inside pvc types.

artrix
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 442
Registration date : 2009-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:04 am

Cheers davsgold/ artrix.

Artrix, how do run the use vegie oil, is it just a filter and warm up to a better viscosity job?

Cheers.

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldstalkerGPX Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:55 pm

/

Last edited by GoldstalkerGPX on Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:36 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : pointless)
GoldstalkerGPX
GoldstalkerGPX
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2009-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:24 pm

the problem with the lpg boost is that a few years ago when i looked into it you had to do 160000-200000ks to break even on the installation costs

Last edited by day one on Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:47 pm

Compressed natural gas -CNG.
What about a system where i can fill up from the house supply? System for LPG would be able to be modified a bit I guess.
Might look into that a bit more...
That would get the oil ompanys wriggling to get me in trouble I am sure.

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldstalkerGPX Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:40 pm

ferrousfinder wrote:What about a system where i can fill up from the house supply? System for LPG would be able to be modified a bit I guess.

Good thought, but because of the low pressure from your meter you would not be able to get the gas into your vehicles cylinder (minimal amount anyhow), best way to fill another cylinder is draw liquid not gas. (like the blue top lpg cylinder, which draws liquid.)

easy to do conversions, usually only jet sizes and/or regulators depending on the 'heat value' of the heating medium being used.

Petroleum companies would be the least of your problem if you started messing around like that!!
GoldstalkerGPX
GoldstalkerGPX
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  artrix Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:46 pm

Cheers davsgold/ artrix.

Artrix, how do run the use vegie oil, is it just a filter and warm up to a better viscosity job?

Cheers.

Hi mate I have been running on filtered waste vege oil for over 2 years and the engine is fine,still doesn't burn engine oil between changes. I get the oil and filter it and add unleaded petrol (20 litres of oil to 2.5 litres of ulp) I then filter it again and toss it in......so far only had to change fuel filter 4 times in 2 years. Its an o;d car but it seems to run ok.

artrix
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:28 pm

So artrix, what does it smell like? fish & chips? donuts? kfc? or is it spicy like pappadums etc Hydrogen boosters on vehicles. Get better mileage. Lol
You would have a good idea how often the take aways change their oil eh?!!

Back to CNG, i was thinking i would run a compressor & mini tank doohicky device to fuel directly to the car tank.... i wouldn't just knock something up in the garage in this regard....Hydrogen boosters on vehicles. Get better mileage. Bom

I have to research into running CNG though, there's something with it like it runs hotter or something, i forget.

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldstalkerGPX Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:41 pm

CNG has a higher heat value than LPG, therefore you can run lower pressures, or in a combustion chamber for example you can produce the same energy from a lesser amount of fuel.

have a read of these....interesting.

http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/heating-values-fuel-gases-d_823.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heating_value

I like the use of vegie oil!! There is a bio diesel plant being built in Adelaide so I presume that bio diesel will soon be available at the pump.

Cheers
GoldstalkerGPX
GoldstalkerGPX
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  artrix Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:50 pm

So artrix, what does it smell like? fish & chips? donuts? kfc? or is it spicy like pappadums etc Hydrogen boosters on vehicles. Get better mileage. Lol
There is a definate change of exhaust smell but as I am in the car I dont really notice it.
Was in a drive thru at mcdonalds once and the kid in the window mentione my car smelled funny!
One thing I have noticed is that oil from a chicken shop is one I avoid the amount of fat that comes off during the filtering is too much for me to bother with.

artrix
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:34 am

mmmmmmm, chicken.... Hydrogen boosters on vehicles. Get better mileage. Icon_porc

Well, the hard work has been done for me in regards to supplementing the diesel with natural gas... http://www.autoweb.com.au/cms/A_50121/title_Natural%20Gas%20Falcon%20Production%20Starts/newsarticle.html

Seems like it's not worth mucking about with at only a 33% discount to lpg (they don't talk about natural gas prices though in this example....)
Shall stick with hydrogen or lpg stuff.

Artrix, how do you get on getting used vegie oil. I thought there were companies going around paying for the oil and to collect it, maybe thats just in the big smokes?

Cheers.

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldstalkerGPX Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:54 am

ferrousfinder wrote:
Well, the hard work has been done for me

Too easy and good to see.

I reckon that I've seen city busses that run on CNG, not sure if I saw this in Adelaide or Perth??
Can someone clarify this?
GoldstalkerGPX
GoldstalkerGPX
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  artrix Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:29 am

ferrousfinder wrote:mmmmmmm, chicken.... Hydrogen boosters on vehicles. Get better mileage. Icon_porc

Well, the hard work has been done for me in regards to supplementing the diesel with natural gas... http://www.autoweb.com.au/cms/A_50121/title_Natural%20Gas%20Falcon%20Production%20Starts/newsarticle.html

Seems like it's not worth mucking about with at only a 33% discount to lpg (they don't talk about natural gas prices though in this example....)
Shall stick with hydrogen or lpg stuff.

Artrix, how do you get on getting used vegie oil. I thought there were companies going around paying for the oil and to collect it, maybe thats just in the big smokes?

Cheers.

I have a supply that I pick up , about 60 litres a week.
If you front up to a small business a lot just put it back in the cans it comes in and stockpile it out the back.
Ask them and sometimes they see it as you taking away a problem and they are happy to let you have it

artrix
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  shandeemax Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:39 am

GoldstalkerGPX wrote:
ferrousfinder wrote:
Well, the hard work has been done for me

Too easy and good to see.

I reckon that I've seen city busses that run on CNG, not sure if I saw this in Adelaide or Perth??
Can someone clarify this?

Hi Goldstalker, that would be right here in Brissie - not sure about other cities. The mayor here has a plan to replace all diesel busses with CNG - much cheaper to run.
Cheers, Andy
shandeemax
shandeemax
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2008-10-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:38 pm

Government buses in sydney were running cng, as the link CLICKY says, back in 97 there were 90 or so natural gas filling stations registered, although they were not public i belive just fleet stuff like government buses etc,, a wine train was cng also.
I would imagine there is more, but they are probably still private fleet jobs.

www.myphill.com well well, you can buy a home filler from here apparently!!! not cheap though and takes several hours to fill a tank.... but it does say home gas is cheaper than the filling stations

Back to top Go down

Hydrogen boosters on vehicles. Get better mileage. Empty hydrogen

Post  nuggertman Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:59 pm

ferrousfinder wrote:Howdy,

Wondering if anyone has a hydrogen booster system on their vehicle or knows someone using one?

I bought a system a while ago, first purchase off ebay..... mongrel never sent me proper instructions amongst other delays etc so I have never installed it.
But am thinking about it for the diesel ute as there is no sensors to worry about. (I bought to install on a V6 VY but it"s sensored up and needs to be "tricked" properly- i gave up on that one for the time being.
I think i might need to do something about the timing of diesel injectors, but not sure what.

The mongrel i bought off said there were trials going on in some mining trucks, with promising results. Anyone know about this?

I am happy that these systems work, but obviously with hydrogen involved.... Hydrogen boosters on vehicles. Get better mileage. Bom things need to be right!!

Interested in thoughts. yes i think nasa good one mate an good luck

Cheers.

PS: here is someone in Vic apparently doing some legal installs.
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/SUPPLY-FIT-FULLY-AUTOMATIC-HYDROGEN-FUEL-SYSTEM-/250670103478?cmd=ViewItem&pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a5d1a3bb6

and this is the mongrel i bought off... http://cgi.ebay.com.au/HHO-Hydrogen-Generator-Plans-Hydrogen-hybrid-free-gas-/250670953259?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3a5d27332b

PSS: the ducks nuts ... http://hydrogengarage.com/
nuggertman
nuggertman
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2010-02-18

Back to top Go down

Hydrogen boosters on vehicles. Get better mileage. Empty hydrogen boosters on vehicles

Post  cranky Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:14 pm

Interesting thread,

This topic pops up all over the place, anywhere where blokes get together. Hydrogen boosters on vehicles. Get better mileage. Icon_cool

There is no way that a vehicle can run better or more economically than one that is properly maintained and tuned to the manufacturers original specifications.

It can be made to run more "cheaply" by installing a well designed LPG conversion, by a registered installer of course......DIY from the wreckers is not worth considering......unless you can find an authorised installer willing to risk his future by prostituting his accreditation by fitting a compliance plate to a bodgy job. Hydrogen boosters on vehicles. Get better mileage. Icon_razz

As for the DIY Pickle jars bolted to the firewall and hooked into your battery to "generate" sufficient "Browns Gas" to make a valid difference to the vehicles performance.......you would do just as well to connect your battery vent system to the intake system.....that produces hydrogen as part of its reaction to alternator input Hydrogen boosters on vehicles. Get better mileage. Icon_wink Hydrogen boosters on vehicles. Get better mileage. Icon_biggrin

Just my considered (qualified) opinion ...Fella's
cranky
cranky
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2010-07-13

Back to top Go down

Post  artrix Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:59 pm

cranky wrote:Interesting thread,

This topic pops up all over the place, anywhere where blokes get together. Hydrogen boosters on vehicles. Get better mileage. Icon_cool

There is no way that a vehicle can run better or more economically than one that is properly maintained and tuned to the manufacturers original specifications.

It can be made to run more "cheaply" by installing a well designed LPG conversion, by a registered installer of course......DIY from the wreckers is not worth considering......unless you can find an authorised installer willing to risk his future by prostituting his accreditation by fitting a compliance plate to a bodgy job. Hydrogen boosters on vehicles. Get better mileage. Icon_razz

As for the DIY Pickle jars bolted to the firewall and hooked into your battery to "generate" sufficient "Browns Gas" to make a valid difference to the vehicles performance.......you would do just as well to connect your battery vent system to the intake system.....that produces hydrogen as part of its reaction to alternator input Hydrogen boosters on vehicles. Get better mileage. Icon_wink Hydrogen boosters on vehicles. Get better mileage. Icon_biggrin

Just my considered (qualified) opinion ...Fella's

Well I made a dry cell and I got what I considered a noticeable difference in mileage???
I am with all the currnet interest thinking about sorting out the wiring and refitting it.

artrix
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:20 pm

Hey Artrix, not a bad idea. This site is the best i have found as far as kitted products. http://hydrogengarage.com/ it is american though...

Do you have a pulse width modulator to control the frequency supplied?
Apparently the right frequency acts something like the resonant frequency and it boils hydrogen out like crazy, you can then turn the amp supply down to achieve the desired hydrogen output. This is how power input can beat power output.
Also, when the alternator is spinning, is it giving out the same all the time (rev dependant) or will the output change if the demand rises. What i mean is, by using this system, will it wear your alternator out quicker?

I know there are sceptics out there, but this technology has been around for years, but its the right frequency that makes it energy friendly and that wasn't discovered till late last century....

I really think on a diesel its a great idea as it also reduces the amount of carbon in exhaust, thus the engine oil should be a bit cleaner.
A bit of 2 stroke oil in the fuel also, might be a lubed power machine then!!

Good luck.

Back to top Go down

Post  artrix Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:49 pm

Well I must admit that my cell was just one I put together myself and as I had a basic diesel I just wired it up and plumbed it into the air intake just before the turbo.
I never had a pwm I thought they were only needed with a wet cell. My design had 17 or 19 plates and I mounted it on the bumber in clear air. I had a 2 litre reservoir under the bonnet and a bubbler off that filed with vinegar to neutralize any left over acidic vapours as I used koh as an electrolyte. With a 2 litre reservoir the fluid circulated in and out of the cell and I found that heat wasn't an issue as the cell only held a cup full of water at any time and it was pumped out regularly. I controlled the amps it used by adding more or less koh. I did a test and I think it was producing 1.5 litres a minute.
I must put it back on ,this thread has put some interest back into the thing. I run my diesel on waste vege oil so I have very cheap motoring anyway.
cheers

artrix
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Narrawa Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:07 pm

May be of some interest, maybe not, but I took a p1ss in my diesel fuel tank the other day, the benefits were amazing, instant relief, and the power and fuel economy wasn't effected one eye otta!!

How goods that? Hydrogen boosters on vehicles. Get better mileage. Lol

Read this.
Piddle power
Narrawa
Narrawa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1885
Registration date : 2008-10-22

http://australiangoldfields.freeforums.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  artrix Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:40 pm

Well if you got stuck into the booze the night before the piss would be of a higher octane..................interesting.

Constable please Im not irresponsible Im drinking to lessen green house gasses.

artrix
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:16 pm

im going down the road of making bio diesel at the moment Hydrogen boosters on vehicles. Get better mileage. Icon_biggrin

Back to top Go down

Post  Narrawa Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:31 pm

Bio diesel forum
I joined this one a few yrs ago when I was interested in vegy oil.
Narrawa
Narrawa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1885
Registration date : 2008-10-22

http://australiangoldfields.freeforums.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:38 am

thanks narrawa im a member of that one Hydrogen boosters on vehicles. Get better mileage. Icon_cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:17 pm

Been reading that vegie forum most of the day, gave up on it years ago cause you couldnt make it (biodiesel) cheap enough due to ethanol or methanol cost forget which and was hard to get. Bit different now i think.
I bought the book " From the Fryer to the Fuel Tank" and all...

Back to top Go down

Post  artrix Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:11 pm

ferrousfinder wrote:Been reading that vegie forum most of the day, gave up on it years ago cause you couldnt make it (biodiesel) cheap enough due to ethanol or methanol cost forget which and was hard to get. Bit different now i think.
I bought the book " From the Fryer to the Fuel Tank" and all...

Considered making bio deisel but couldn't be bothered with all the mucking about.
Just blend it with ULP and off you go......as long as you have a injector pump that can handle it.

artrix
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Hydrogen boosters on vehicles. Get better mileage. Empty hho

Post  dave1963 Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:45 am

Hydrogen boosters on vehicles. Get better mileage. Sam_0112
have got hho on my cruiser plus running on cooking oil,hho gives more pickup plus cruises a lot better on the flat not much difference on hills .have got it mounted on bull bar which keeps it cool,also has a pwm that i run at 15 amp,have not did ecconomy test yet,hho also leaves water when it burns which decarbons your engine ,this should increase engine life.also have solar panels on roof that will make batterys last longer,3x5watt,reckon it would kill me if i had to pull in to a servo and buy fuel.
cheers dave
dave1963
dave1963
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2009-06-08

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next