Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

do the Right thing

5 posters

Go down

do the Right thing Empty do the Right thing

Post  evan2010 Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:34 am

Ive noticed (by reading several posts) that a few people believe that they can just rock up to the Wa goldfields, pick a likely spot and go detecting without regard to whether its on somebody's tenament or not. This is causing problems for those of us who Do the Right thing by using Tengraph to ascertain who holds what land and then continuing by either sticking to the allowed areas or seeking permission or making applications (section20A) to enter land held by others. None of this is particuarly hard to do and if everybody does the right thing, the less problems we should face in the future. But keep this fence jumping up and we'll all get the ass....so please Do the Right thing!!
evan2010
evan2010
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2010-05-09

Back to top Go down

do the Right thing Empty Re: do the Right thing

Post  llanbric Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:48 pm

I'll be doing what you suggest over the next week, darn, new software to handle, steep leaning curves etc,etc.

llanbric
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 414
Registration date : 2008-11-17

Back to top Go down

do the Right thing Empty re do the right thing

Post  evan2010 Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:41 pm

Thats good 2 hear mate, with time it'll all come together for ya! On another note Somebodys wacked a No Metal Detecting sign up at the entrance to the Six mile at Sandstone sometime today. Is this a sign of things to come??
evan2010
evan2010
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Acan Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:28 am

Hi Evan, Thanks for your comments and Yes you are correct we neeed to look after the land we use and not as a tip as rightly so people will get upset. If though we go and leave and no mess or holes left all should be OK.

Now someone can put a sign up, but who are they? If we have the right to go, we casn just drive past. Signs can go up just to firighten people. Acan do the Right thing Icon_jokercolor

Acan
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2010-05-17

Back to top Go down

do the Right thing Empty six mile off Limits??

Post  evan2010 Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:43 pm

I went into town (Sandstone) for water, fuel, food, beer etc yesterday and noticed signs up on several notice boards that according to a leaseholder the entire sixmile area is off limits. He even reckons he can prosecute people for being in the area with detectors in thier vehicle!! No wonder the van parks near empty! Good thing im somewhere else with my section20A gettin colour every day
evan2010
evan2010
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

do the Right thing Empty Do The Right thing

Post  evan2010 Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:14 pm

Two days ago I noticed another group of prospectors with Vic number plates who had set up camp not far from ours and this morning I found with disgust that they had moved on and left a consiberable amount of rubbish behind. So being the holder of a section 20A covering the area for which I could be blamed for this and also caring a great deal about not f**king up the country, I proceded to bag thier litter and will take it into town with my own. All I can say to people like this is dont come over here to Wa if you cant Do the Right thing because We dont want you here.
evan2010
evan2010
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Acan Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:56 pm

Hi Evan, totally correct. It is not too hard to fill up a garbage bag. These are the types who get everyone hasslede when they arrive.

All need to remember to clean up and if no one can tell we have been there, then all is OK. These types will spoil it for everyone. Acan do the Right thing Icon_jokercolor

Acan
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2010-05-17

Back to top Go down

do the Right thing Empty filling holes

Post  gold fever Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:22 am

After a recent trip to WA I would say a lot of people arent filling in there holes, they are everywhere, even saw one fella digging a hole then he waved to me and left the hole unfilled.

gold fever
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2010-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldstalkerGPX Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:15 pm

evan2010 wrote: All I can say to people like this is dont come over here to Wa if you cant Do the Right thing because We dont want you here.

I don't want them over here either Evan.

When you see people camped liked you described do you take note of vehicles and rego? If the place is left a mess do something about it. It makes me so mad when people do this, but complaining to those who do give a toss about the way we leave the area on this forum, really won't fix anything. We need to be the eyes on the ground for this type of thing. I know if I saw someone driving off leaving rubbish behind, they would wish they had never set eyes on me!!

Cheers
GoldstalkerGPX
GoldstalkerGPX
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2009-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:54 pm

i went to a spot a few weeks ago for a look and found a not a bad spot. went for a walk to have a look and some stupid farmer has dumped rubbish in the diggings a all over the grounds. this is what's going to end up shutting the bush down. it's the same everywhere we don't wont people comming into our scrub and just leave there rubbish there...
cheers
stoppsy

Back to top Go down