Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

High Yield VS. General VID

+5
kon61
Fevaurish
pablop
rc62burke
kevlorraine2
9 posters

Go down

High Yield VS. General VID Empty High Yield VS. General VID

Post  Jay Gold Mon May 25, 2015 7:58 pm

Gday Ladies and Gents,

Here is a good example of the target response using High Yield and General on a large, un-dug, deep gold nugget. I picked it up in High Yield and heard a faint dip in the threshold, then switching to general you can really hear a noticeable difference. Even over a few inches of sticks the GPZ still picked it up. Pretty impressive really. I got pretty excited as it was sounding like quite a sizeable piece. Still very happy regardless. Hope you get something out if it.

Cheers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wAUIEZPSeo
Jay Gold
Jay Gold
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2015-03-02

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeIyXg5rKxtrVNJPEM7FAgw

Back to top Go down

High Yield VS. General VID Empty Re: High Yield VS. General VID

Post  kevlorraine2 Mon May 25, 2015 8:25 pm

g'day jordan, i see you are still pulling good sized nugs, good on you.

it was a good example of the response of high yield and general, thanks, well done ... kev

kevlorraine2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 504
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post  rc62burke Mon May 25, 2015 9:53 pm

Nice nugget!!!
Good demonstration of the different signal strength on the different modes, what smoothing were you using?
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay Gold Mon May 25, 2015 10:58 pm

kevlorraine2 wrote:g'day jordan, i see you are still pulling good sized nugs, good on you.

it was a good example of the response of high yield and general, thanks, well done ... kev

Cheers Kev, have you been having such success with your previously mentioned settings? When i get my zed back form the doctors I'm going to try them again.

Jay Gold
Jay Gold
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay Gold Mon May 25, 2015 11:02 pm

rc62burke wrote:Nice nugget!!!
Good demonstration of the different signal strength on the different modes, what smoothing were you using?

Gday Lee,

Cheers for that, hope it gave a little insight on the different gold modes. I used 'audio smoothing' OFF throughout that dig. In fact, i always have it off. Very Happy

Cheers.
Jay Gold
Jay Gold
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  pablop Tue May 26, 2015 9:53 am

Great piece of gold that everyone would be rapt with, and good camera angles and audio.  Off topic from gold, but what were you using as a camera and to support it to get such good coverage?
pablop
pablop
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2015-01-17

Back to top Go down

High Yield VS. General VID Empty RE:High Yield VS General Vid

Post  Fevaurish Tue May 26, 2015 8:11 pm

Nice gold your getting Jordan,
Your machine is running exceptionally well with smoothing off, think ya got a goodie there!
Just wondering what sort of booster your using it sounds real solid!
Thanks for sharing. Hope you find heaps more.

Cheers
Chris

Fevaurish
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2012-06-11

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Tue May 26, 2015 9:35 pm

G'day Jay

What you'v witnessed there is quite normal on many a solid slug of gold,when in the "General" gold mode setting.Just make sure it is not treated as the norm on/for all size/type nuggets.I'v already witnessed two nuggets of the same weight,(2.5gms each) but of different size/shape,where the "General" Gold Mode gave 30% less depth,than when in the "High Yield" gold mode. It has become apparent that each gold mode,is not only designed for greater depth as nugget/specimen gold gets bigger/larger in size,but also play a significant role towards maximum detection,for the type of gold in question.

Cheers guys, Kon.T25
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay Gold Tue May 26, 2015 9:52 pm

Fevaurish wrote:Nice gold your getting Jordan,
Your machine is running exceptionally well with smoothing off, think ya got a goodie there!
Just wondering what sort of booster your using it sounds real solid!
Thanks for sharing. Hope you find heaps more.

Cheers
Chris

Gday Chris, I don't use a booster. I actually use the headphones plugged straight in to the GPZ and pull out the WM12 when i film a dig so we can hear the audio. cheers.
Jay Gold
Jay Gold
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay Gold Tue May 26, 2015 10:04 pm

kon61 wrote:G'day Jay

What you'v witnessed there is quite normal on many a solid slug of gold,when in the "General" gold mode setting.Just make sure it is not treated as the norm on/for all size/type nuggets.I'v already witnessed two nuggets of the same weight,(2.5gms each) but of different size/shape,where the "General" Gold Mode gave 30% less depth,than when in the "High Yield" gold mode. It has become apparent that each gold mode,is not only designed for greater depth as nugget/specimen gold gets bigger/larger in size,but also play a significant role towards maximum detection,for the type of gold in question.

Cheers guys, Kon.T25  

Gday Con, thanks for that info, very insightful indeed. Makes sense really, and just reiterates the fact that you have to go over the same ground numerous times with different settings and there is no "perfect setting." Imagine when new coils are released!!
Jay Gold
Jay Gold
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

High Yield VS. General VID Empty High yield vs general

Post  quadangle Wed May 27, 2015 10:35 am

I found a 13 gram solid nugget @20 inches a few days ago. found in high yield switched into general and it diminished by about 30%.
The next day In the same area I found a 26 gram solid @ 18 inches and the response was the same between the two.
Happy but a little confused.
Steve.
quadangle
quadangle
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2011-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post  HHH Wed May 27, 2015 10:50 am

Hi Steve
Did you try either target in extra deep as a comparison?

Regards H

HHH
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2015-05-20

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Wed May 27, 2015 12:46 pm

Don't be surprized nor confused Steve,for its just in the nature of what/how each gold timing does/works on different size/shape/composition of nuggets.
I also know,that there are many GPZ Investors here and overseas screaming for a smaller,more workable/maneuverable type coil,over narrow tight places.This is quite understandable but,a smaller coil than that of the GPZs 14x13 would have to be wound to the sensitivity of the 14x13,for as we all know,any more sensitive than the 14x13 and we'd be chasing not only phantom ground noise signals,but flower gold in between. Laughing
As for a much larger coil,for the possible multi-ouncer at great depth,yep,I'll go for that,as long as they can keep the weight down to an absolute minimum,for I just can't see to many out there swinging them,if their weight exceeds the 2kg+. Mind you,not that I'll be complaining,for the less users of large coils out there the better,but neither do I want to qualify,as the next bell ringer of Notre Dame,a few years down the track either.Q35

Cheers guys, Kon.
kon61
kon61
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldHound Wed May 27, 2015 1:01 pm

kon61 wrote:Don't be surprized nor confused Steve,for its just in the nature of what/how each gold timing does/works on different size/shape/composition of nuggets.
I also know,that there are many GPZ Investors here and overseas screaming for a smaller more portable/workable/maneuverable coil,over narrow tight places.This is quite understandable but,a smaller coil than that of the GPZs 14x13 would have to be wound to the sensitivity of the 14x13,for as we all know any more sensitive than the 14x13 and we'd be chasing not only phantom ground noise signals,but flower gold in between. Laughing
As for a much larger coil,for the possible multi-ouncer at great depth,yep,I'll go for that,as long as they can keep the weight down to an absolute minimum,for I just can't see to many out there swinging them,if their weight exceeds the 2kg+. Mind you,not that I'll be complaining,for the less users of large coils out there the better,but neither do I want to qualify,as the next bell ringer of Notre Dame,a few years down the track either.Q35

Cheers guys, Kon.

I don't care how much the big coil will weigh!
I WOULD SWING AN ANVIL if it would find me more gold!!!!!!
I just want it BIG like 20in or bigger I want the full potential of ZVT unleashed by giving me a big coil.
Smaller than 20 just wont cut it for the big coil!!!!!!

For the small coil I recon 11in would be small enough, or say 12x10in would be good.
Why would you need to go smaller?
GoldHound
GoldHound
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 547
Registration date : 2014-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Wed May 27, 2015 1:30 pm

Hang on in there Goldhound. I'm quite sure Minelabs working to satisfy the masses demand as we speak. Interesting times ahead indeed. cheers

Cheers Kon. What a Face
kon61
kon61
Management

Back to top Go down

High Yield VS. General VID Empty high yield vs general

Post  quadangle Wed May 27, 2015 1:36 pm

HHH wrote:Hi Steve
          Did you try either target in extra deep as a comparison?

Regards H
No, I was too keen to get the gold out after trying the first two timmings.
Steve.
quadangle
quadangle
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2011-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldHound Wed May 27, 2015 2:22 pm

kon61 wrote:Hang on in there Goldhound. I'm quite sure Minelabs working to satisfy the masses demand as we speak. Interesting times ahead indeed. cheers

Cheers Kon. What a Face

I'm sure they are!
That's what worries me as there are a lot of whingers whinging about the weight!
And asking for various small coil's.
I don't think its heavy at all and have never even thought about the bungee.
Even though I have one injured hand/arm and have to swing and dig with the one arm I never felt I needed the bungee.
I just want the big coil regardless, I don't care if it weighs as much as an anvil as long as it finds me that deep gold that I know is just out of reach in some places!
GoldHound
GoldHound
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 547
Registration date : 2014-01-06

Back to top Go down