Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Worth the Money or Not

+12
Doofus
Nebuchadnezzar
CrazyPete
Jack outwest
alchemist
norvic
Jay Gold
goldquest
Smokeyj
chris68
Digginerup
GoldHound
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Worth the Money or Not - Page 2 Empty Re: Worth the Money or Not

Post  Nebuchadnezzar Mon May 04, 2015 11:05 pm

adrian ss wrote:Still have not heard of any earth shattering finds with the Zed. I am sure that Minelab would like to know about them?
Maybe it is testimony to the effectivness of previous ML PIs

Came across some interesting info that may (or may not) help explain some of this

• There are a lot fewer zeds in use than I previously thought
  • Most punters (but by no means all) are partimers/hobbyists
  • The pros tend not to talk about their finds (this one's not new)

Nebuchadnezzar
Nebuchadnezzar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2009-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Doofus Tue May 05, 2015 10:28 am

Jen58 wrote:
Doofus wrote:My decision is getting closer.  I've been tossing a coin all weekend to get best of 3 but it's a two headed coin and I keep calling tails   lol!

Hi Doofus
Sounds like the heads are winning Very Happy

Can I ask what detector you are using now?? Twisted Evil

I think I might have said previously that I've got an old GP Extreme and a heap of coils stored away but it hasn't been used in some years. I don't even know if it still works.

cheers

Doofus
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2015-03-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 05, 2015 10:50 am

[quote="Nebuchadnezzar"]
adrian ss wrote:Still have not heard of any earth shattering finds with the Zed. I am sure that Minelab would like to know about them?
Maybe it is testimony to the effectivness of previous ML PIs

Came across some interesting info that may (or may not) help explain some of this
[list]
[*]There are a lot fewer zeds in use than I previously thought
[*]Most punters (but by no means all) are partimers/hobbyists
[*]The pros tend not to talk about their finds (this one's not new)

(quote]
All true I guess, but Any big nugget finds would be of immense interest to Minelab for further promotional purpose plus there may be some perks involved and the finders names do not have to be splattered throughout the media, so they could still retain annonimity.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 08, 2015 6:55 pm

These blokes would reckon that it is worth the money.

http://gpwa.forumotion.com/t221-30oz-and-50-oz-with

Back to top Go down

Worth the Money or Not - Page 2 Empty Who Really Cares

Post  Basada Sat May 09, 2015 8:11 pm

To all you fence sitters out there. Who really cares if you buy one or not. Maybe Minelab or the dealers but not me, or the people who are out there swinging picking up nuggets. I told you the truth about the detector when it came out. All that happened to me on this forum was told i knew nothing and i was only saying things so my MATE could sell detectors. Well how a month or 2 can change peoples point of view. I remember saying all will be revealled to prove how good this detector is. Guess what? This detector is pulling gold out of the ground continuesly everyday from flogged ground but not just that finding it in new areas. Gee i think i may have said something along those lines in a previous post. All you knockers and negative people out there that had never seen one,never mind used one. Bagged from the first day it was released. Whos got egg on their faces now. Please read my previous posts and see that everything i said was true. Theres a saying " you can lead a horse to water but you cant make it drink" I think it applies here on this very forum. Well i have had my rant. I remember i said the Zed is worth its weight in gold in a previous post. Ok i admit i was wrong under "estimating again" Lets just say a lot more than you paid for it. Members if you agree with my comments then post away.

Basada
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2014-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post  AraratGold Sat May 09, 2015 10:20 pm

No brainer for us.  Wink

Kaye and I have now amassed 100 grams in the first 10 weeks using our ZED, ranging from 0.2 grams to 25.6 grams. Very Happy

Cheers,
Rick and Kaye
AraratGold
AraratGold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2009-03-13

Back to top Go down

Worth the Money or Not - Page 2 Empty Good onya

Post  Basada Sat May 09, 2015 10:58 pm

Good to see you getting amongst it. Keep the good work up.

Basada
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2014-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 12, 2015 9:46 am

Ray (oneday) has put up another picture on his forum hope he don't mind me putting it up here as well.
http://gpwa.forumotion.com/t221-30oz-and-50-oz-with

https://2img.net/h/i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h479/oneday69/7cf680e5-2ef5-4a78-b6f9-2143d94bb059_zpspytvdyp9.jpg

That's one big nugget and I bet the finder is a very happy chappy.

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  kevlorraine2 Tue May 12, 2015 11:21 am

thanks davegold, was wondering about that gamechanger (life changer) what a beauty ... kev

kevlorraine2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 504
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat May 23, 2015 7:32 pm

I reckon this bloke also reckons the 7000 is good value as well.   Story in the Kalgoorlie Miner.   T15  T15  T15  T15  T14

http://www.infogo.com.au/1/km/?http%3A%2F%2Fau.news.yahoo.com%2Fthewest%2Fregional%2Fgoldfields%2Fa%2F-%2Fnews%2F28197848%2Fdiscovery-reignites-interest%2F

cheers dave

ps: well it doesn't mention a 7000, but hey never let the truth get in the way of a good story

Back to top Go down

Post  Detrackozi Sun May 24, 2015 10:44 am

Dave

That's one way to kick start some shares, We hope to see afew of those in your hand this year all the best with the 7000 not that you need it.

cheers
Detrackozi
Detrackozi
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 24, 2015 10:57 am

Detrackozi wrote:Dave

That's one way to kick start some shares, We hope to see afew of those in your hand this year all the best with the 7000 not that you need it.

cheers

Yep mate, when we read the story we thought that even though the gold is real, the company that has the leases on that ground it will do them some good if they are trying to sell perhaps.

And hey man I want to see something like that in my hands as well, I am getting to know 7000 much better now. Very Happy

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2