Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where have all the coils gone????

4 posters

Go down

Where have all the coils gone???? Empty Where have all the coils gone????

Post  Guest Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:36 am

Gday

I know that there has been a real surge on the buying of big coils of late but what has happened to all the small to medium sized coils? that part of the market has also dried up or so it appears.

At any one time there were many coils from 8" to 14" on ebay and advertised elsewhere, and have not seen a salt coil on there for some time either, so is it because people have realised that the availabilty of new coils is limited and they are hanging on to their old coils until things improve.

Some of the dealers have no stock on the walls and everything that comes in is either pre sold or is grabbed on the day it lands, are the manufacturers favouring overseas buyers and giving us the left overs?, seems to me that there is room for another manufacturer in the market, perhaps one that wouldnt forget the loyalty of the local buyers Where have all the coils gone???? Icon_sad .

cheers

stayyerAU

Back to top Go down

Where have all the coils gone???? Empty Re: Where have all the coils gone????

Post  Guest Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:55 am

stayyerAU wrote:Gday

Some of the dealers have no stock on the walls and everything that comes in is either pre sold or is grabbed on the day it lands, are the manufacturers favouring overseas buyers and giving us the left overs?, seems to me that there is room for another manufacturer in the market, perhaps one that wouldnt forget the loyalty of the local buyers Where have all the coils gone???? Icon_sad .

cheers

stayyerAU

Can I suggest you contact Trevor at Coiltek and Rohan at Nuggetfinder and get the facts?

Robert

Back to top Go down

Post  Celeste Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:38 am

StayyerAU, Coiltek & Nugget finder won't help you. The problem was exasperated with one or two dealers around Bendigo who were auctioning their coils 2 Africans for a massively marked up price. The medium coils are gone because Aussies who wanted large coils have had 2 settle for mid sized ones that were left behind on shelves. The manufacturers can't get any more coils made and sent out for another 2 to 3 months with the exception of a few that might dribble out. Where have all the coils gone???? Icon_sad

Dealers with no stock on their walls are prolly suffering. And all of them have a long list of people waiting for coils but some R no longer taking orders because they can't supply. U can blame the few shoddy dealers selling their coils at artificially inflated prices or U can blame the Africans for offering extra money in the first place. Both share in the cause of this coil drought. Even if Aussies get coils, they throw them onto EBAY just as soon as they can get them home and log into their computer. This is the most common problem. Should change eventually. Good luck!
Celeste
Celeste
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2009-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:43 pm

Well, it is the season so they say. All the coils are in use or in Sudan I would guess. I hear they are chasing the 17x11 nugget finders now!!
Somebody paid more than retail for that broken one on ebay recently, had its cord chewed off by a dog! The seller from Meekathra seems to sell a few coils though.I think it went to china to be reproduced/ copied!!

Does anyone know what nugget finder are doing? I heard something about no coils for 2 months due to starting a new factory or something?

The amount of coils on fleabay before was ridiculous, you could tell rumour had got around because every old frisbee came out of the sheds and appeared for sale!!!

With 3 coil manufacturers, limited dealers, we will have no choice when the coils are back in the shops. If supply and demand had pushed their prices up, they should still be available to us, but just at an inflated price.
I wonder what the manufacturers are doing in this case. I notice coiltech has a listed dealer in Sudan.

I would go so far as to say there are probably some very greasy handed persons in the manufacturers dens at the moment. Either that or theres alot of back scratching going on.

If a new coil manufacturer got off the ground, they would probably just make enough to stay afloat.
I will wind coils for someone who wants to design them!! A few plastic moulds, some leads, a few stickers! Litz wire? Could it be that hard?

Cheers ferrous.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:59 am

Gday

There is a lot of speculation about whats going on, and I guess things might be that way for some time to come, the one thing that I think is going to be the real issue is when you want to have a coil repaired or replaced under warranty, firstly if there is no stock available then they cant replace it, secondly will they try to repair something that really should be replaced just to fullfill their legal obligations, or will you have to wait several months to get a replacement?, is there a particular time span for a manufacturer to make things right with a sold product under warranty?, anyone know what the facts are relating to warranties and Australian law.

cheers

stayyerAU

Back to top Go down

Where have all the coils gone???? Empty where have all the coils gone?

Post  fastgold Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:46 am

Depends on the state where it has been purchased as they have seperate laws in conjunction,but the norm is fair and reasonable time,which as it sounds can be construed to be any thing but if push came to shove they would just reimburse you if you didnt wait,so would you be any better off.--,mark

fastgold
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2010-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Jigalong Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:01 am

Miners Den in Parramatta kindly sent back my NF 17" mono ellip which crapped itself at Leonora in June. We tested it on two machines and it would only pick up big targets, nothing under a gm (up until this time it had been terrific on sub gram stuff)

It was returned to Miners Den in a short time by NF with a note saying :
"- Tested coil- no fault found.
- Replaced plug - cleaned out skid (much dirt)"

The coil had been used for 6 days since new, so if there was "much dirt" in the skid, then the coil is faulty for letting it in so quickly. Why was the plug replaced if "no fault found". Quite puzzling for me and it will be interesting to see the results when I test it at Mt Browne in August.

I actually ordered one of each of the NF mono ellip spoked 12" and a 17" coils as spares 6 weeks ago. When I enquired yesterday about the progress of these orders, I was virtually told "forget it". I had better be careful with the coils I have, as I might be waiting a year for my spares.

I have for sale an NF 14" Mono ellip solid (not spoked) which I have used once for an hour if anyone is interested.

Jigalong

Jigalong
Jigalong
Jigalong
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1316
Registration date : 2008-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post  24kt Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:13 am

stayyerAU wrote:Gday

I know that there has been a real surge on the buying of big coils of late but what has happened to all the small to medium sized coils? that part of the market has also dried up or so it appears.

At any one time there were many coils from 8" to 14" on ebay and advertised elsewhere, and have not seen a salt coil on there for some time either, so is it because people have realised that the availabilty of new coils is limited and they are hanging on to their old coils until things improve.

cheers

stayyerAU

PMSFL," perhaps one that wouldnt forget the loyalty of the local buyers " Loyalty ends with the $$$$$'s ??

any luck with the coil hunting

cheers
24kt
24kt
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2010-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Jigalong Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:29 am

My guess is that the overseas demand is still huge for the big coils. Maybe production has been focused on these higher priced items, leaving no room on the production lines for small coils.

Last edited by Jigalong on Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Jigalong
Jigalong
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:29 pm

24kt wrote:

perhaps one that wouldnt forget the loyalty of the local buyers " Loyalty ends with the $$$$$'s ??

any luck with the coil hunting

cheers

From personal experience Ok. I ordered a 16' Coiltek for the RRP from MD.. The peak of the Sudan Rush and have had only to wait a 13 days...

Absolutely no gouging on my purchase mate....

Mate the truth >>> I'm loyal to them they were loyal to me.. The Aussie way Wink

Great coil toooo What a Face

Last edited by ARARAT on Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Jigalong Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:24 am

I was in that new shop at Mudgee on Saturday and was surprised at the big range of Nugget Finder and Coiltek coils they had in stock. They have a good website which is mail order friendly too. Sorry but I cannot remember the name of the shop - just Google detector shop Mudgee.
Jig.
Jigalong
Jigalong
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:57 am

that's nuggets from down under
http://www.nuggetsfromdownunder.com.au

Back to top Go down