Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How good is the 'garbage bin lid' on which detector

3 posters

Go down

How good is the 'garbage bin lid' on which detector Empty How good is the 'garbage bin lid' on which detector

Post  noyungan Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:28 pm

Saw an add selling an "garbage bin lid" coil ,,,, can anyone give any info on it???? Is/was it any good and is it suitable for GP??? noyungan

noyungan
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2015-02-10

Back to top Go down

How good is the 'garbage bin lid' on which detector Empty Re: How good is the 'garbage bin lid' on which detector

Post  Inhere Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:39 pm

noyungan wrote:Saw an add selling an "garbage bin lid" coil ,,,, can anyone give any info on it????   Is/was it any good and is it suitable for GP???  noyungan
The real "garbage bin lid" coil came out with the SD2000, they had a bit of trouble early but any around now, will work on sd's, gp's etc.
They are not a great coil, but the next "kevlar" 18"mono that came out with the SD2100 -2200 is a good coil that works well is some ground.
Bit heavy that's all!
Inhere
Inhere
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 941
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Back to top Go down

How good is the 'garbage bin lid' on which detector Empty How good is the "garbage bin lid" on which detector

Post  noyungan Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:49 pm

Thank you Inhere your reply has helped make up my mind to get a more modern large coil for the GP. I hadn't heard the expression "garbage bin lid" thus I thought I had to find out more.... Thanks ..... noyungan

noyungan
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2015-02-10

Back to top Go down

How good is the 'garbage bin lid' on which detector Empty How good is the garbage bin lid

Post  sandy2010 Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:32 pm

I wrote an article for GG&T mag when I reduced it's weight to720gms by cutting holes in the coil.
It was a brilliant coil on my SD2000 and I found nuggets in a hole I dug that when I stood in it the ground level was above my knees.....a mate got it on video and commented that if he had not seen it with his own eyes he would have never have believed it! (I got 28 gms in 3 nuggets.......no other dig holes in the area........I went very low and very slow....and the coil was waterproof......and Leitz wire I believe.

Be lucky.

sandy2010
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 821
Registration date : 2010-06-25

Back to top Go down