Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GPZ 7000 is one month old.

+5
Shinegold
Jack outwest
Doofus
pablop
goldquest
9 posters

Go down

GPZ 7000 is one month old. Empty GPZ 7000 is one month old.

Post  goldquest Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:44 pm

Today it is a month that Minelab has released her latest masterpiece, despite the many negative posts by usual provocateurs, the new GPZ 7000 continues to make headlines.
I received mine one week ago, I used it twice, I'm still trying to learn how to use it because is so different from its predecessors, the reasons why I have bought it are many, but the most important is the confidence that I have in Minelab.
I bought my first metal detector in 1999 an SD2200D, since I have changed with GP3500, GPX4500 GPX5000 and, I must say I have never been disappointed, each model was superior to the previous one, so I hope that when I have discovered all the secrets of this new machine, the results will come, in the mean time I am enjoing every single moment that I am using it.
Is a little heavier than the others, yes, this is a serious machine for serious prospectors, if some one want something lighest buy something else,
people that complain about the weight perhaps is the same that are waiting for a 20" coil.
Cheers
goldquest
goldquest
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2011-04-27

Back to top Go down

GPZ 7000 is one month old. Empty Re: GPZ 7000 is one month old.

Post  Doofus Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:53 pm

All well and good but reports are coming thru that say the machine or coil is faulty straight out of the box.
Thats not giving me any confidence and I've decided to hold off on buying.
where's the quality assurance in the manufacture of these machines ? seems there is none and it was truly a rushed job.
JMO and maybe a lot of other peoples as well.
best of luck to those whose machines are working.

Doofus
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2015-03-08

Back to top Go down

Post  pablop Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:11 pm

I heard my local Miners Den ask a new owner if they wanted to assemble and test theirs before leaving the store, and one did take them up on the offer.  So I guess if concerned and not receiving via parcel post, then asking for a test before leaving the store is an option.
pablop
pablop
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2015-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:32 pm

In one of my posts just before the gpz detector came out, I said that it would be another 2-3 months wait as this was told to me by a reliable source.  I guess it didn't work out that way, so now I'm thinking they did rush it to production. Maybe, Minelab  needed to have the money rolling in sooner.V19

Back to top Go down

Post  Doofus Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:39 pm

Pablo, I'd say it is more than an option, it is a necessity if buying direct from a dealer but it's not the dealers fault if the machine doesn't work.
buying sight unseen and posted is another kettle of fish but I'd still ask the dealer to make sure it is working before sending it.
The last thing you need is to be having after sale discussions to try and get a faulty machine or coil replaced.
I've lost all confidence in this new machine. My $10.7K is staying in the bank until such time the bugs are ironed out and I don't care how long it takes. I can wait.
JMHO.

Doofus
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  goldquest Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:52 pm

There is hundreds of people out there happy with this machine but nobody care, one person find a foulty coil and everybody scream, i don't understend.
And for the record, I would never buy anything tha cost over $ 10000 on line, the dealers are more than happy to assemble the detector for you and try it in front of you.
goldquest
goldquest
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack outwest Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:23 am

goldquest wrote:There is hundreds of people out there happy with this machine but nobody care, one person find a foulty coil and everybody scream, i don't understend.
And for the record, I would never buy anything tha cost over $ 10000 on line, the dealers are more than happy to assemble the detector for you and try it in front of you.

Hello Goldquest , you said you had the SD2200 once  , can you tell us how much deeper on bigger nuggets you think the  7000 will go ?

Cheers
Jack
Jack outwest
Jack outwest
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1399
Registration date : 2012-09-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinegold Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:39 pm

Jack outwest wrote:
goldquest wrote:There is hundreds of people out there happy with this machine but nobody care, one person find a foulty coil and everybody scream, i don't understend.

Hello Goldquest , you said you had the SD2200 once  , can you tell us how much deeper on bigger nuggets you think the  7000 will go ?

Cheers
Jack

I would like to know this too.
Shinegold
Shinegold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Doofus Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:42 pm

Sorry man, reports so far show that "Hundreds" of people are not happy with this machine.
There are reports of faulty machines or coils right out of the box but, you are correct, only a few so far. That's neither here or there.
It's a new machine and I sincerely hope we hear more about this machine than what we have seen so far.
I will put my neck in a noose now, from what I have seen, it is not worth the money and I don't give a flying F**k about the so called EXPERTS who are hired by ML to try and sell it.
It's bullshit but I have had reports that says it craps over the 5000
I dunno, make up ya own mind.

Doofus
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  CostasDee Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:12 pm

Doofus wrote:
I will put my neck in a noose now,  from what I have seen, it is not worth the money and I don't give a flying F**k about the so called EXPERTS who are hired by ML to try and sell it.

That's a big call there Doofus, I really can't understand from what angle you're coming from, on one hand you're knocking the 7k and on the other hand you're praising it. I sincerely hope that you're not trying to stir the pot and referring to the testers as (your) quote "the so called EXPERTS who are hired by ML". Is this simply a suspicion that you have that they are paid by Minelab or do you have proof to back up your claim, as I have heard that they don't in fact get paid by Minelab? Of course, you could be referring to someone or some others, maybe you can clarify your statement?

Really think carefully before you answer as someone may mistake what you say as simply trolling around and as I mentioned before, stirring the pot unnecessarily.
CostasDee
CostasDee
Management

Number of posts : 3971
Registration date : 2010-11-23

Back to top Go down

GPZ 7000 is one month old. Empty A balanced post of the 7000

Post  Basada Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:27 pm

I have posted positive and negative opinions on this detector. This week so far has been another eye opener. The 7000 can detect at good depth gold specimens that have fine gold in them. When I say fine I mean quartz that is just loaded with gold the size of pin pricks. This is so fine that the 5000 couldn't get a beep off it. There is no solid pieces of gold in the specimen. We know this because we smashed it open. We also found another piece with quartz and country rock together and the gold had impregnated the country rock. Came to the conclusion that the gold does not have to be solid to be detected. The real test for the 7000 is out in the field not on a test bed.

Basada
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2014-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post  goldquest Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:42 am

[quote="Doofus"][quote="goldquest"]There is hundreds of people out there happy with this machine but nobody care, one person find a foulty coil and everybody scream, i don't understend.
And for the record, I would never buy anything tha cost over $ 10000 on line, the dealers are more than happy to assemble the detector for you and try it in front of you.[/quote]

Sorry man, reports so far show that "Hundreds" of people are not happy with this machine.
There are reports of faulty machines or coils right out of the box but, you are correct, only a few so far.  That's neither here or there.
It's a new machine and I sincerely hope we hear more about this machine than what we have seen so far.
I will put my neck in a noose now,  from what I have seen, it is not worth the money and I don't give a flying F**k about the so called EXPERTS who are hired by ML to try and sell it.
It's bullshit but I have had reports that says it craps over the 5000
I dunno, make up ya own mind.[/quote]

We live in a democratic society, nobody force you to believe or to buy, do what you have to do.
goldquest
goldquest
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  goldquest Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:47 am

[quote="Jack outwest"][quote="goldquest"]There is hundreds of people out there happy with this machine but nobody care, one person find a foulty coil and everybody scream, i don't understend.
And for the record, I would never buy anything tha cost over $ 10000 on line, the dealers are more than happy to assemble the detector for you and try it in front of you.[/quote]

Cheers
Jack[/quote]

Hi Jack, unfortunately when I had the 2200D ( 1999 ) I had no idea what I was doing, and I didn"t find any big nuggets with it,only few grams, so I can't compare the two machines, I only know that my 7000 go much deeper than my 5000, I never compare it with other 5000.
Cheers
goldquest
goldquest
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  kevwr Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:47 pm

Doofus wrote:My $10.7K is staying in the bank until such time the bugs are ironed out and I don't care how long it takes.  I can wait.
JMHO.

Ha ha,,, While you are waiting the believers like me will be ironing out all the nuggets. Smile I have been very impressed with my 7000, and I am not paid by anyone for comment. I just know I am getting results in ground that has been thrashed with 5000's, including mine.

kevwr
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2014-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack outwest Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:48 pm

goldquest wrote:
Hi Jack, unfortunately when I had the 2200D ( 1999 ) I had no idea what I was doing, and I didn"t find any big nuggets with it,only few grams, so I can't compare the two machines, I only know that my 7000 go much deeper than my 5000, I never compare it with other 5000.
Cheers

Thanks for the reply , the depth question ( re-previous ML units ) should be answered after Easter many hope  Very Happy

Cheers
Jack .
Jack outwest
Jack outwest
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Aurumick Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:16 pm

Jack outwest wrote:
goldquest wrote:
Cheers

Thanks for the reply , the depth question ( re-previous ML units ) should be answered after Easter many hope  Very Happy

Cheers
Jack .
Hi Jack,
 read Caned heat's post in this link below, I think he has a valid point, when it comes to any new toy.

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net/t21262-gpz7000-are-they-realy-good

Cheers Mick
Aurumick
Aurumick
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 351
Registration date : 2014-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack outwest Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:23 pm

Aurumick wrote:Hi Jack,
 read Caned heat's post in this link below, I think he has a valid point, when it comes to any new toy.

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net/t21262-gpz7000-are-they-realy-good

Cheers Mick

Yes Mick ' I do also wonder Very Happy  
Caned heats posts are worth reading .

Jack .
Jack outwest
Jack outwest
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:12 am

goldquest wrote:Today it is a month that Minelab has released her latest masterpiece, despite the many negative posts by usual provocateurs, the new GPZ 7000 continues to make headlines.

Headlines..??? what headlines...Oh the Wedderburn nugget of course, how silly of me to forget that. Smile

Back to top Go down