Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Zed mission.

+40
bowy
Canned Heat
Jay Gold
Jonathan Porter
Reno Chris
pablop
Troopy
Martin R
gullyhunter
G.B.
Alan WA
GoldHound
Gold Miner
MS
goldenhero
Mechanic
boobook
AraratGold
chris68
Gldseeker
GoldenGus
tricky 1
welcome stranger
CostasDee
yellowfin
deutran
kon61
matelot
Swinger
Cadian
slicknick
bubbazoo
goldchaser
thegoldman24
determined1
slimpickens
rc62burke
Inhere
Digginerup
TutC
44 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

The Zed mission. - Page 4 Empty Re: The Zed mission.

Post  MS Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:40 pm

Very interesting video bloodgold2 well done and you guys sure put in the hard yards and deserve to do well on the gold front out there.
Cheers mark
MS
MS
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 791
Registration date : 2009-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Gold Miner Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:34 pm

bloodgold2 wrote: Smile Mate not sure what you mean about some targets not being heard, if you can give a time frame on the vid I will answer as best I can no probs Smile No secrets with us bud other than our spots :)Sorry mate forgot to say thanks for the review Very Happy  Was to busy trying to answer your questions Smile

Mate about 1 hour 16, Tremain goes over the paint for no target, then changes settings and it booms?????
Gold Miner
Gold Miner
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 648
Registration date : 2012-09-28

Back to top Go down

The Zed mission. - Page 4 Empty The Zed mission.

Post  Guest Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:10 pm

Mechanic wrote:Hi Dave & Tremain

Excellent, thanks for taking the time to do those tests and record them for us all to see. Job well done!

Slim, an oxy torch will speed up the warm up time dramatically! Razz

Cheers Mick
Hi Mick, thanks mate Very Happy Hopefully we can bring more out on vid of the 2 machines as the season progresses, as the other hounds zero in on the workings of zed Smile Im gonna feel abit left out this season swinging a 5k Smile Anyway lets see what unfolds Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:25 pm

Sorry guys, having either internet problems or computer ? will try again tomorrow Sad

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:34 am

goldenhero wrote:Hi guys , thanks for the Big effort , informative and entertaining video , used up my remaining monthly data but well worth it , I'm sure the next big one is just around the next bend ..cheers Mick
Hi goldenhero,thanks mate Very Happy Im the same i think Smile computer is running very slow and timing out continiously, Yeah bud we are hoping the same, a big one carn't be to far away Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:37 am

MS wrote:Very interesting video bloodgold2 well done and you guys sure put in the hard yards and deserve to do well on the gold front out there.
Cheers mark
Thanks MS, looking foward to this season that is for sure Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:43 am

Gold Miner wrote:
bloodgold2 wrote: Smile Mate not sure what you mean about some targets not being heard, if you can give a time frame on the vid I will answer as best I can no probs Smile No secrets with us bud other than our spots :)Sorry mate forgot to say thanks for the review Very Happy  Was to busy trying to answer your questions Smile

Mate about 1 hour 16, Tremain goes over the paint for no target, then changes settings and it booms?????
Hi GM, yeah im with ya now, ok Tremain changed the ground type from normal to difficult and it cut out the hot ground, before this had happened I had swung the 5k over it in normal and it sounded off like the 7k did before he changed the settings.I hope that is what you were refering to?

Back to top Go down

Post  rc62burke Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:45 am

Hey Bloodgold
Thanks for the vid mate, well done it's definitely an interesting beast, interesting to the GPX get a better response on that target!!! I guess once Tremain gets his head around the settings things could be different?
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:05 pm

rc62burke wrote:Hey Bloodgold
Thanks for the vid mate, well done it's definitely an interesting beast, interesting to the GPX get a better response on that target!!! I guess once Tremain gets his head around the settings things could be different?
Hi Lee, thanks mate Very Happy yes that was interesting, yes your right time will tell. It makes for a very interesting up comming season with the zed and my 5k, one thing I have read that will also be interesting is that you have to swing slower than the mono's for the target response.Now that's fair enough going over old patches ect, but what about when searching new ground for gold targets, fine when your on a known patch or gold area, but in new country ya got to FIND it first Smile That's just a point that has crossed my mind a few times now Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  rc62burke Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:16 pm

Hey Bloodgold
Q33
I have asked a few questions here & there in relation to target response, swing speed etc, no answers yet! I have seen on another forum a comment that swings must be kept very precise ?? I sort of wonder why that is?? this is not a game of precision when on the hunt is it ? like you said once you get the patch then the real work starts.

T10
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldHound Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:44 pm

Q33
I have asked a few questions here & there in relation to target response, swing speed etc, no answers yet! I have seen on another forum a comment that swings must be kept very precise ?? I sort of wonder why that is?? this is not a game of precision when on the hunt is it ? like you said once you get the patch then the real work starts.

T10

Every motion detector has an optimum swing speed to get the best target response, the zed is no different.
Optimum swing speed can be different in different ground types too.
GoldHound
GoldHound
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 547
Registration date : 2014-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:56 pm

With regard to swing speed, I have found that the Zed needs a slower swing speed than the 4500/5000 with a mono coil, you need to try if first hand, but if you swing the Zed to fast the target signal seems much less compared to what you get when using a mono coil on the older machines.

Like GouldHound says, it could be a different result in other areas than what I've tried it in.

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  rc62burke Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:02 pm

GoldHound wrote:
Q33

T10

Every motion detector has an optimum swing speed to get the best target response, the zed is no different.
Optimum swing speed can be different in different ground types too.

Goldhound
I guess the type of gold at a location will also change the swing speed that is optimum ??
The main question I asked in relation to the GPZ & target response was due to hearing a few different responses from targets at different distances from the coil & some sounding a bit like & broad ground noise, to me there is a lot more to interpret from the response than what we may be used to & I was hoping to get some feedback from those that in the know?
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldHound Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:14 pm

The main things that dictate sweep speed are detector, ground type\depth, coil size/type.
The swing speed is dictated by the optimum amount of time that the energized target spends under the hot zone of the coil.
The zed uses a dod coil which has a hot zone under the coil more like a dd so like a dd it requires that you swing slower to keep the target in the hot zone for the optimal amount of time.
Simple physics really.
GoldHound
GoldHound
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:33 pm

Hi Goldhound and Davsgold, In your guys opinion would your swing speed be able to be increased if you had ground balancing off auto? as you would think the machine would not have to respond to all the incomming info on ground types? Or is it simply the coil configuration that would restrict increased swing speed? Hope that makes sense to you guys lol!

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldHound Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:46 pm

bloodgold2 wrote:Hi Goldhound and Davsgold, In your guys opinion would your swing speed be able to be increased if you had ground balancing off auto? as you would think the machine would not have to respond to all the incomming info on ground types? Or is it simply the coil configuration that would restrict increased swing speed? Hope that makes sense to you guys lol!  

Mostly the coil mate.
Read my expanation above.
But I will be doing some experimenting with fixed v auto when I get out next.
GoldHound
GoldHound
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:00 pm

GoldHound wrote:But I will be doing some experimenting with fixed v auto when I get out next.

Yes I think this need to be trialled as well, I've not done that yet, I did try fixed for a short while, but you need good range of inground targets to try this on.

The other thing that needs trying is with a deep soft undug target, making sure what auto v fixed is doing, it doesn't seem like auto varies much on small shallow targets, as in weakening or altering the response much, and this is what we need to try on a deep target, we don't want it to track it out.

With this new machine, I don't think holding the tracking button in puts it into fixed when using auto, unlike the 5000 if detecting in auto by holding the button down it would hold the machine in fixed or if you were in fixed by holding the button down you would be in tracking. I could be wrong but I don't think the 7000 works that way.

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:42 pm

G'day All,

I was told the other day the 7000 will not track out a proper target buried deep in the Auto tracking setting, but if you start holding in the quick track button while the auto track is locked in he said it may track out a target. Hope this makes sense guys.

Cheers.

Mike.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:12 pm

Mike54 wrote:G'day All,

I was told the other day the 7000 will not track out a proper target buried deep in the Auto tracking setting, but if you start holding in the quick track button while the auto track is locked in he said it may track out a target.  Hope this makes sense guys.

Cheers.

Mike.  

Yes Mike I know what your saying, it is tempting to hold that button for a last second bit of fast tracking. Very Happy It's because with the previous models I've been detecting in fixed and you get a possible sound/signal/target, and you go to the side and give the green button a squeeze rebalance and try the sound/signal/target again, this helped with identifying a real or imaginary target.

This new one is a different kettle of fish. Smile

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:43 pm

Thanks for your thoughts on the machine and some testing ideas guys, hey Dave and Mike have you played much with the audio smoothing? like from high to low or off all together? Be interesting to hear your thoughts on this, and your prefered setting, do you adjust it much during the day with different ground types? lol! No worries guys the question has been already asked on the 7k thread, maybe i should have read through that section first Smile

Last edited by bloodgold2 on Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:49 pm

GoldHound wrote:
bloodgold2 wrote:Hi Goldhound and Davsgold, In your guys opinion would your swing speed be able to be increased if you had ground balancing off auto? as you would think the machine would not have to respond to all the incomming info on ground types? Or is it simply the coil configuration that would restrict increased swing speed? Hope that makes sense to you guys lol!  

Mostly the coil mate.
Read my expanation above.
But I will be doing some experimenting with fixed v auto when I get out next.
Hi bud, thanks for that Smile yeah will be interesting to see what settings works out best for our areas that's for sure Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:20 pm

G'day BG2,

Sorry about not answering you earlier on this.
Yes we were told the other day by the same person to try and learn to run the 7000 without any smoothing, as this allows the 7000 to take in all the information of what the ground is hiding. You will need to lower the sensitivity and the threshold to get the 7000 running a little quieter, he said to start off in the low smoothing to allow yourself to get used to the way it runs. Then he said go into the smoothing off, he said depending on conditions it may take a little bit of time to get used to running it this way. As was said it still depends on the conditions and how you can cope with the way it runs for you.

Cheers.

Mike.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:50 pm

Mike54 wrote:G'day BG2,

Sorry about not answering you earlier on this.
Yes we were told the other day by the same person to try and learn to run the 7000 without any smoothing, as this allows the 7000 to take in all the information of what the ground is hiding. You will need to lower the sensitivity and the threshold to get the 7000 running a little quieter, he said to start off in the low smoothing to allow yourself to get used to the way it runs. Then he said go into the smoothing off, he said depending on conditions it may take a little bit of time to get used to running it this way. As was said it still depends on the conditions and how you can cope with the way it runs for you.  

Cheers.

Mike.  
Hi Mike, thanks for the reply mate Smile the reason I asked is you guys is you have had more ground time using yours a couple of weeks before our initial trial. We run on mostly smoothing off then abit on low, but Tremain did say that he tried it on high for a session along with all in between.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:25 pm

G'day BG2,

Yes we have had a bit more time on the ground with ours, but we are still learning its capabilities as well. We find that in some areas down here you can run it with the Smoothing Off, but in other areas we find we need to go into Low or even High. As I said it depends on the conditions.

Cheers.

Mike.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:35 pm

davsgold wrote:
Mike54 wrote:G'day All,

I was told the other day the 7000 will not track out a proper target buried deep in the Auto tracking setting, but if you start holding in the quick track button while the auto track is locked in he said it may track out a target.  Hope this makes sense guys.

Cheers.

Mike.  

Yes Mike I know what your saying, it is tempting to hold that button for a last second bit of fast tracking. Very Happy  It's because with the previous models I've been detecting in fixed and you get a possible sound/signal/target, and you go to the side and give the green button a squeeze rebalance and try the sound/signal/target again, this helped with identifying a real or imaginary target.

This new one is a different kettle of fish. Smile

cheers dave

Yes Dave that's how we use to with the 5000s I always ran mine in the fixed and like you any sort of a ground change we would do a quick GB next to this ground change using the quick track button.  The 7000 is better in the Auto-Mode so we are told and I haven't really tried it any other way.   Very Happy

Cheers.

Mike.

Back to top Go down

Post  Alan WA Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:34 pm

I've only had a week on it but one thing I found, towards the end of the week, was I could
use the ' normal' modes in more ground whereas before would have been in enhance or fine gold.
Also agree about having to get out of the habit of hitting the quick track button so often,if at all.

Alan
Alan WA
Alan WA
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2009-04-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:56 pm

Alan WA wrote:I've only had a week on it but one thing I found, towards the end of the week, was I could
use the ' normal' modes in more ground whereas before would have been in enhance or fine gold.
Also agree about having to get out of the habit of hitting the quick track button so often,if at all.

Alan

G'day Alan,

We were told if you need to ground balance, all you have to do is pump it up and down 2/3 times NOT pressing the button as the auto tracking is vey fast on the GPZ7000. bounce

Cheers.

Mike.

Back to top Go down

Post  determined1 Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:52 pm

Congratulations to you guys for putting together another great and informative video BG2.  Q36  Q36

Can't pretend that I can provide any expert comment on the tests, but what I did draw from it, is just how difficult it is to do when comparing two pieces of equipment, both with a big range of operating options.

I think using the GPX with proven settings for the area was clearly the right way to go and I have to say that the GPZ seemed to be a clear winner in regard to handling ground noises and emi. For people in some areas these two factors may mean that GPZ operators can continue to work on after GPX operators would need or want to walk away (for the day at least).

No doubt some time will pass before the best GPZ settings are determined for the different areas and just maybe, your combination of one operator using a GPX and another using the new machine will prove to be the best prospecting option until then, particularly in relation to looking for new areas.

Thank you again for sharing and very well done to you both.  Q38

Bernie
Determined1

determined1
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 375
Registration date : 2013-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  G.B. Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:29 pm

From what l have experienced so far l would recomend at this stage to forget about the using the quick track button and let the detector do its thing in auto.

Also in highly variable ground take your time to work an area of similar type of ground before moving to a differing type of ground eg; iron stone to quartz wash, this will allow the auto ground balance to settle down rather than working overtime trying to continualy adapt to quick changes of ground conditions.

By doing what l have suggested above was the difference from feeling like doing this to the 7000  V04 T02  to being T18 T06 with the 7000
G.B.
G.B.
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1268
Registration date : 2012-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:04 pm

determined1 wrote:Congratulations to you guys for putting together another great and informative video BG2.  Q36  Q36

Can't pretend that I can provide any expert comment on the tests, but what I did draw from it, is just how difficult it is to do when comparing two pieces of equipment, both with a big range of operating options.

I think using the GPX with proven settings for the area was clearly the right way to go and I have to say that the GPZ seemed to be a clear winner in regard to handling ground noises and emi. For people in some areas these two factors may mean that GPZ operators can continue to work on after GPX operators would need or want to walk away (for the day at least).

No doubt some time will pass before the best GPZ settings are determined for the different areas and just maybe, your combination of one operator using a GPX and another using the new machine will prove to be the best prospecting option until then, particularly in relation to looking for new areas.

Thank you again for sharing and very well done to you both.  Q38

Bernie
Determined1
Hi Determined1, thanks mate Very Happy yes you could be right bud about working in both machines together Smile Let see how it unfolds Smile

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next