Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

when will codan release new coils for 7000?

+3
alchemist
Shinegold
thegoldman24
7 posters

Go down

when will codan release new coils for 7000? Empty when will codan release new coils for 7000?

Post  thegoldman24 Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:11 am

it will be verly interesting to see how the 7000 performs with larger coils and on that note l wonder if other coil manfacturers will beat codan to the punch.

thegoldman24
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2012-04-12

Back to top Go down

when will codan release new coils for 7000? Empty Re: when will codan release new coils for 7000?

Post  Shinegold Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:38 am

There's been guys out there like on the geotech forum, making DOD coils for a while now. There are plenty of businesses now making coils for multiple brands, more options than 10 years ago. I think there's no doubt there will be aftermarket coils from manufacturers other than Coiltek or NF, it's a matter of when. Send an email to the Ukranians, they seem to respond very quickly. Wink

You would assume there's a lot of money in this!
Shinegold
Shinegold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Back to top Go down

when will codan release new coils for 7000? Empty Re: when will codan release new coils for 7000?

Post  alchemist Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:45 pm

In the introductory video where Bruce is showing the coil design, in the centre there appears to be an unpopulated PCB. i think these coils will be chipped and the control box will interrogate the coil and expect an encrypted cipher or something, not sure how Minelab do it, but it will most likely allow the system to determine the type of coil attached and only power up if it is a genuine Minelab, or licenced OEM coil.

Cheers

Last edited by alchemist on Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:50 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : terrible spella)
alchemist
alchemist
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 525
Registration date : 2009-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post  goldnomad Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:23 pm

alchemist wrote:In the introductory video where Bruce is showing the coil design, in the centre there appears to be an unpopulated PCB. i think these coils will be chipped and the control box will interrogate the coil and expect an encrypted cipher or something, not sure how Minelab do it, but it will most likely allow the system to determine the type of coil attached and only power up if it is a genuine Minelab, or licenced OEM coil.

Cheers

Spot on
goldnomad
goldnomad
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 560
Registration date : 2012-05-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinegold Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:55 pm

goldnomad wrote:
alchemist wrote:In the introductory video where Bruce is showing the coil design, in the centre there appears to be an unpopulated PCB. i think these coils will be chipped and the control box will interrogate the coil and expect an encrypted cipher or something, not sure how Minelab do it, but it will most likely allow the system to determine the type of coil attached and only power up if it is a genuine Minelab, or licenced OEM coil.

Cheers

Spot on

So this is true?!
Shinegold
Shinegold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post  IGotBigNuggets Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:03 pm

A Minelab dealer told me the 14" DOD is $1650 to replace. The 20" will be around $2500... when will codan release new coils for 7000? Shock

I now have my Z insured for ALL possibilities even accidental damage whilst swinging it in the bush.

IGotBigNuggets
IGotBigNuggets
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2013-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post  deutran Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:12 pm

I guess skid plates will be in the range of $100-$150.
deutran
deutran
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2009-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Detrackozi Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:43 pm

Only $60 Cool
Detrackozi
Detrackozi
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down