Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Had Doubts But Not Anymore.

+24
gullyhunter
The Sodd
IGotBigNuggets
Burnt Out
AnnieL
ttrash
chris68
goldnomad
TWO BOB
slimpickens
LuckyLundy
IDAufinder
Aurumick
Imadogman
ruffles
tricky 1
kon61
Nightjar
Detrackozi
spinna
AraratGold
GemQ
goldchaser
alchemist
28 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Had Doubts But Not Anymore.  - Page 3 Empty Re: Had Doubts But Not Anymore.

Post  Guest Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:47 pm

adrian ss wrote:The same day I did the Kaolin patch I also left a nice broard mellow signal in the ground just a tad down from the Matrix Reef (Rehola). Went back a couple of weeks later and the area had been pegged with a Mining Lease.
    Why did I leave it in the ground?? Well it was very dark and stormy night, affraid the hole was approx 2 foot deep, the signal was strong and I could not see the end of me pick, so I filled it in and planned to come back the following weekend. I was in the RAAF at the time so it was two weeks later.
    I often wonder if anybody snagged a big nugg just a bit SE of the reef and down the hill a bit.

I think you may have left a whooper behind.. It won't be there anymore now though  Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:49 pm

lkyphl wrote:Great finds, Mike  Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

They will help considerably with your positive thinking with the new 7000,

Phil
We proved it can find gold. 

But I am still 50/50 about the machine

Back to top Go down

Post  chris68 Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:26 pm

I think with time and practice it will be a good machine, well done Mike and Jen great nuggets Q15

chris68
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2013-05-01

Back to top Go down

Had Doubts But Not Anymore.  - Page 3 Empty first catch with the 7000

Post  ttrash Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:27 pm

Mike54 wrote:G'day All,

Went out yesterday afternoon with Jen to a spot not to far away and started pinging Bird Shot. Well I said to Jen I am over these Bloody things, so I adjusted the controls into the General Gold from the High Yeild settings and headed off again pinged a bit of rust that wasn't very deep.  We were only detecting for about 1/2hr and Jen said my turn and she carried on from where I had stopped, as my arm was getting a little sore from the weight.  Anyway I heard the WM 12 give off a definite little change, I thought to myself that sounds OK. So I raced over and started to Dig, took a couple of inches off the top and Jen waved the coil over the scraped out hole and the sound improved slightly better.  So I started to really hack into it with the pick taking out another few inches.  This time the sound improved to a very positive signal coming from the hole.  Anyway to cut a long story short after cutting through 3 small tree roots we finally had the target out at about 20"/24" deep.  The first clump of clayey soil I picked up I could feel the weight and I knew it had to be Gold and a nice slug too.  
Well finally ...after a little well deserved rest. I said .well it's my turn now and just over 1mt away we received another slightly better signal and after digging down a ft  out popped another nice one.  

The 51 grammer was about 20 inches deep, under a few small tree roots.
The 10 grammer was about 12 inches deep also under small tree roots.

Had Doubts But Not Anymore.  - Page 3 07603F63-F879-4620-ABE0-4F76BFF6F7C6-133-00000002E8193CDE_zpsb9108970

Had Doubts But Not Anymore.  - Page 3 1CE3AD01-BD4B-4307-89BF-E728E2A289CD-133-00000002C3B58FDE_zps044d394d

Were we happy??? you bet we were.   Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy

Also.. For those who are going to ask the question. Did I have my gpx5000
With me to do a comparison test  nope. I didn't think to bring it along, I really didn't think we were going to find anything but shoty pellets.
We only had the sdc2300 in the car which we ended up using as a pin pointer.
This area has been hammered by us, with all the other machines, and large coils, this area has been camped on raked clean by others.
So for us, we now believe in this machine.

We have been back for an hour this morning. Nothing except for a couple of Bird shot. Didn't have enough time as we had to race into town.

Our young bloke hasn't found anything much bigger than what a sdc2300 can find in size, but deeper. Also more rust..and of course Bird shot.
Is he disappointed, yes very. He wasn't with us when we found these bits, so he has hope again, and says. It has to be in the ground and we have to walk over it.

Cheers  All.    Mike & Jen.

Mike & Jenny ,
Hearty Congratulations & Great pieces .
Thats what we all want to find , whether its with the 7000 or an SD !!

Q15 Q15 Q15

That really gets the blood flowing hearing 51 grams come from 20" down .......

Q17 Q17

Q38 Q38 Q38

Very well done &
Thanks for sharing ...!

Anthony

ttrash
ttrash
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 662
Registration date : 2011-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:01 pm

Jen58 wrote:
adrian ss wrote:The same day I did the Kaolin patch I also left a nice broard mellow signal in the ground just a tad down from the Matrix Reef (Rehola). Went back a couple of weeks later and the area had been pegged with a Mining Lease.
    Why did I leave it in the ground?? Well it was very dark and stormy night, affraid the hole was approx 2 foot deep, the signal was strong and I could not see the end of me pick, so I filled it in and planned to come back the following weeke

nd. I was in the RAAF at the time so it was two weeks later.
    I often wonder if anybody snagged a big nugg just a bit SE of the reef and down the hill a bit.

I think you may have left a whooper behind.. It won't be there anymore now though  Crying or Very sad

I reckon you might be right Jen.

The Post; "Nenad's preliminary Review" by alchemist should make the beast a bit more productive for you. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:27 pm

TWO BOB wrote:Congratulations Mike & Jen, Great Nuggets for first blood of the 7000. cheers The future looks bright.
                                We hope to be at the geological centre of Vic. next week when it looks to be cooler.But only using our old 45's. Crying or Very sad
                                Cheers
                               "TWO BOB"
Hi Two BOB
Thankyou

Nothing wrong with the 4500, they work a real treat. Twisted Evil

Hi Chris68
Thankyou.. 

Hi Anthony
Thankyou

Yep pieces like that do make the heart pump! 
We just hope others do as well, with whatever machine they are swinging. I guess some do.... Do better.
Just don't hear of it. Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnieL Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:15 pm

Jen58 wrote:
AnnieL wrote:Congratulations Mike & Jen.  Q38  Couple of great nuggets there - drool!! T33
Thankyou Annie
How's your wrist? How long before you can use it again?

Two more weeks before plaster is off, Jen.  Then physio to get some motion back.  Off to Western Creek Qld in May/June.  The plate will set the detector off if my wrist is near the coil  Twisted Evil - so it will be a challenge.
AnnieL
AnnieL
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1084
Registration date : 2012-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:24 pm

AnnieL wrote:
Jen58 wrote:
AnnieL wrote:Congratulations Mike & Jen.  Q38  Couple of great nuggets there - drool!! T33
Thankyou Annie
How's your wrist? How long before you can use it again?

Two more weeks before plaster is off, Jen.  Then physio to get some motion back.  Off to Western Creek Qld in May/June.  The plate will set the detector off if my wrist is near the coil  Twisted Evil - so it will be a challenge.
Thankyou Annie

Glad to hear the plaster will be off soon.. You will soon learn to adapt with keeping your wrist away from the coil
It's All falling into place for you.  In time for your Western creek adventure.
Really hope you do well.
Looking forward to hearing of your time over there.

Back to top Go down

Post  Burnt Out Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:02 am

Q38 well as I have already said, I will say it again, Congrats on the find, I'm very happy for you both!
I should have known who found the larger piece Q34 Q15

Will I get a chance to see them both up close and personal? Q10

Best of luck and I'm sure you will find many more!
Just a matter of getting use to a new machine and new tech.

Burnt Out
Burnt Out
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2012-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:08 am

Hi everyone
The video has been put up for all to view.

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net/t20990-our-first-finds-with-the-gpz7000

Thanks Burntout

Burntout you will have to come here if you would like to see it up close and personal.. Very Happy
Yes Calvin you will get to hold the gold in your hands when you come down.  Laughing

Here's hoping that this new machine does do what they say.
I am still In too minds 50/50, sorry all but I have to be honest..
After all it's not pocket money.

Back to top Go down

Post  IGotBigNuggets Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:54 am

WOW!!!

nice find guys.

All I got were 2 to 3 foot holes with iron junk at the bottom. One thing for sure the Z goes deep!
IGotBigNuggets
IGotBigNuggets
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2013-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:20 am

IGotBigNuggets wrote: WOW!!!

nice find guys.

All I got were 2 to 3 foot holes with iron junk at the bottom.  One thing for sure the Z goes deep!
Hi

Yep.. Last night I watched a few dig a target to 600mm deep. affraid
It sure does go deep.. 
So now my 50/50 thought of this machine has changed. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  alchemist Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:27 am

Will we be seeing another nice slug posted in the Finds section? V05
Do we have a vid with sound?
The anticipation is rising. Q13
alchemist
alchemist
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 525
Registration date : 2009-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:41 am

alchemist wrote:Will we be seeing another nice slug posted in the Finds section? V05
Do we have a vid with sound?
The anticipation is rising. Q13
Sorry
Sadly it wasn't gold. It was rust Crying or Very sad
I should have said that in the above post.

My point was in seeing someone else ping this sound with their GPZ7000
Dig down 600mm which took five of them to do last night
Yes this machine does go fairly deep..
I just hope the next deep target will be gold.

So while I thought our find was fluky.. Maybe it wasn't. So my thinking of this detector has changed.

Mike sure likes this machine.
Just got to walk over the gold..  
Fingers crossed it will happen for a lot of the GPZ7000 owners.

Back to top Go down

Post  Ash100456 Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:51 am

, Thanks Jen for the clarity. I sure dont believe your find was a fluke ! ( just seen a pic of JP's & friends finds a 15oz, 14oz, 13oz chunks and lots more smaller pieces all found with GPZ ) Got my new Zed and itching to go !

Cheers
Ashley
Ash100456
Ash100456
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 893
Registration date : 2009-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:02 pm

Ash100456 wrote:, Thanks Jen for the clarity. I sure dont believe your find was a fluke ! ( just seen a pic of JP's & friends finds a 15oz, 14oz, 13oz chunks and lots more smaller pieces all found with GPZ )   Got my new Zed and itching to go !

Cheers
Ashley
Good luck Ashley

Mike also doesn't believe it was a flukey find, as we and many others have worked this area.
I just had that small amount of doubt in the back of my mind, with all the negative talk  Q07

Yes.... seeing is believing.
And seeing for myself how someone else also found a deep target which has been in the ground for donkeys ages..
Gives you more faith that these machines will punch down.
I didn't video it,  as it was right on dark,  and we were out there till after 9pm.
Didn't even have a torch with us Rolling Eyes
Had to use the app on the iPhone to help light the area up a bit. lol!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:45 pm

Congrats Guys
Gold is hard one here in the Triangle.These are substantial finds.Know of an Ex Coiltek employee that took 25 years to break the 1 ounce mark.Even though its early on a trend seems to be emerging.the Z seems to be finding smaller deeper ie Points of a gram and species.And also multi gram pieces that previous machines have failed to recognise.It will be interesting to see what a bigger coil will find.All minelab machines have gold signatures (ie the ablility to read the eddy current before it decays) that are common to each model,but its that difference that is not common to all that opens up new gold.Understanding this new machines strengths and capitalising on it is the key.For this reason there will be a new minelab release every couple of years.The combinations of size and depth are endless.
Once again Congrats early days and so much to do
Cheers Dig

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:35 pm

G'day Dig,

Thanks for the congrats, the young bloke and I went back to the spot where Jen & I got the bigger ones, yesterday and I managed to ping a small Quartz specie at 4/5" on a gentle slope towards the gulley. This particular spot I have been over with the different detectors since the 2000 and always found another bit or 2. Also got some bird shot and a det cap along with the small specie.

Cheers.

Mike.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:43 pm

Come on people! If you have a GPZ7000 then you have the most efficient hand held gold detector on the market today.
The only questions you have to ask yourself are: How deep do I want to find gold and What size gold do I want to find?
The answers depend on your age, level of fittness and hole digging capability.
So get the blazes out ijnto the gold fields and start finding some bloody gold and stop trying to find something wrong with the bleeding detector.
If the 7000 is too expensive then stick to your 5000 or 4500 or whatever, they will continue to find gold just like they always have.

Back to top Go down

Post  AraratGold Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:07 pm

2.4 grammer found today. At a farm area that I have hammered with the 5000 with coils up to 20 inch round mono. 10 inches deep. Difficult ground type, general, gain at 15, no audio smoothing.
Also found another 2 little bits for a total of 0.6 grams.

It is clear from the 20 hours I've had on it so far, that it will find the little bits deeper than ever before, but I think it is constrained by the 13x14 coil.

So far this machine is definitely not living up to the hype, but only time will tell how good it really is ??
Rick

AraratGold
AraratGold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2009-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post  alchemist Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:36 pm

Thanks Rick for taking the time to share your thoughts and experience. Very much appreciated.

Cheers
Kev.
alchemist
alchemist
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 525
Registration date : 2009-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:46 pm

Cheers for the video/report on the 7000 Rick and well done on the finds. Notice the difference of depth on a nugget found in undisturbed ground,as compared to a nugget with no surrounding hallo? That's why I emphasize,air tests over targets dug out,cleaned and or placed on the ground for testing,are only part of the equation.   Also sounds like that threshold is still quite unstable?  Can it not be stabilized to run any smoother than that,over that type of mineralized ground.

Cheers Kon. What a Face
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:56 pm

AraratGold wrote:2.4 grammer found today. At a farm area that I have hammered with the 5000 with coils up to 20 inch round mono. 10 inches deep. Difficult ground type, general, gain at 15, no audio smoothing.
Also found another 2 little bits for a total of 0.6 grams.

It is clear from the 20 hours I've had on it so far, that it will find the little bits deeper than ever before, but I think it is constrained by the 13x14 coil.

So far this machine is definitely not living up to the hype, but only time will tell how good it really is ??
Rick

What would the tecta have to do in order to be able to say that it has lived up to the hype??

Back to top Go down

Post  AraratGold Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:05 pm

kon61 wrote:Cheers for the video/report on the 7000 Rick and well done on the finds. Notice the difference of depth on a nugget found in undisturbed ground,as compared to a nugget with no surrounding hallo? That's why I emphasize,air tests over targets dug out,cleaned and or placed on the ground for testing,are only part of the equation.   Also sounds like that threshold is still quite unstable?  Can it not be stabilized to run any smoother than that,over that type of mineralized ground.

Cheers Kon. What a Face

Kon,

Yes, it will run smoother, but I'm happy with it cranked like it is. It really lifts the faint signals.
A bit like the SDC, I ran it flat out all the time, and even though a little chattery, the targets pulled you up.

Adrian, it needs to start finding bigger nuggets. So far everywhere I have taken it, my 5000 has cleaned out the good deep bits, because I used coils up to 20 inch round. That is why I say it is currently constrained by the 13x14 coil !

Cheers,
Rick
AraratGold
AraratGold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2009-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:18 pm

Cranked up to what you"re comfortable with,well that explains it.Good to know it can run much smoother.Thanks Rick.

Cheers Kon.T25
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  The Sodd Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:16 pm

Rick and Jen,
Thanks for honest feedback on the machine. Like a lot of people I'm sitting on the fence at the moment. Very unlikely I'm going to get to far Nth Queensland, NSW, NT or WA. So what I'm looking for is feedback on how it goes in the GT. As we all know, soils and mineralisation are different in different states and even areas within states.

Only time will tell as someone has already mentioned, but so far, as an all rounder in the GT I'm not convinced to part with 10.7K (which I can afford) and that doesn't include any additional coils, the presumed price of which I think (as someone else mentioned in another post) is in my opinion quite scandalous and reeks of being monopolistic in nature.

I've updated to every model to date, everything I've spent has paid for itself over the years and more, but it's beginning to look like me and my 5K are still in a loving relationship Very Happy
Cheers
Sodd

The Sodd
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2014-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:02 pm

adrian ss wrote:Come on people! If you have a GPZ7000 then you have the most efficient hand held gold detector on the market today.
The only questions you have to ask yourself are: How deep do I want to find gold  and What size gold do I want to find?
    The answers depend on your age, level of fittness and hole digging capability.
So get the blazes out ijnto the gold fields and start finding some bloody gold and stop trying to find something wrong with the bleeding detector.
     If the 7000 is too expensive then stick to your 5000 or 4500 or whatever, they will continue to find gold just like they always have.
Good advise.. 
We have to stop whinging... Including me Embarassed
Get out there and use it.
Which we have been doing.
That's the only way you will know if this machine is good or not.
Happy detecting everyone no matter what machine you are swinging

Hi The sodd
Thankyou

If you have any doubts, then just wait. 
There's sure to be some reports coming in to help you make up your mind either way.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:33 pm

G'day All,

Well we went out again today, yep back to the same spot again. Managed to ping another 2 both were over the gram, both weighed 3 grams exactly together. Haven't been able to do this for a while now, but like everyone says the GPZ is a heavy Beast and I find myself having to take little breaks. I actually cranked the sensitivity up to 20 today to see how it performed, it was a fair bit jittery going over uneven ground, so I ended up backing it off to 18 which did settle it a bit and I believe the targets were coming through a little more positive.

Thanks again to All for your great replies and we shall keep you All up to date on how the Beast performs.

Cheers All.

Mike.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:47 pm

kon61 wrote:Cranked up to what you"re comfortable with,well that explains it.Good to know it can run much smoother.Thanks Rick.

Cheers Kon.T25  
Yeah you can get it running fairly smooth depending on the ground your detecting in.
V06  Or You can crank this beast up. 

But after a while you get a headache from listening to it. V07 Crank up that is..

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:38 am

Jen58 wrote:
IGotBigNuggets wrote: WOW!!!

nice find guys.

All I got were 2 to 3 foot holes with iron junk at the bottom.  One thing for sure the Z goes deep!
Hi

Yep.. Last night I watched a few dig a target to 600mm deep. affraid
It sure does go deep.. 
So now my 50/50 thought of this machine has changed. Very Happy

I honestly don't think that's anything to crow about, seen a GPX5000 find a nice size nugget at around 90cm depth in WA. Smile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next