Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So what timings did you run before the 7K

2 posters

Go down

So what timings did you run before the 7K Empty So what timings did you run before the 7K

Post  Mechanic Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:06 pm

Hi Guys and Gals,

All the contradicting views on this 7K has me curious as to what timings you were able to run in with your previous detector at each particular spot and then how did the 7k run there in comparison?

I have seen the reports that suggest that the 7k is better in milder ground conditions(this is what they call bad ground in the USA Laughing )
So if you were able to run in normal on the gpx how does the 7k go here and what settings are you able to use?
Similarly, if you could only detect in enhance with the gpx, how did you find the 7k here?
And we all know of spots that just about no detector will run and be happy, I assume that the 7k gets angry here?

Since the price came in at 10700 I went from a definite yes to fence sitting, each day I move about on the fence, some days closer to the yes side, others closer to no. Kind of thing I would want to try out before I buy.

So yes I want to know about what types of ground this machine does work well on.

Cheers Mick

Mechanic
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 695
Registration date : 2011-02-20

https://DetectronicsAustralia.com

Back to top Go down

So what timings did you run before the 7K Empty Re: So what timings did you run before the 7K

Post  alchemist Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:44 am

Good idea Mick,
a real way of comparing oranges with oranges and apples with apples,
I hope you get some replies.

It seems that sensitivity settings play a big part on the 7 with Nenad stating that you can really pacify the unit with a much lower setting without loosing depth. See his first in field video of the 7 if you've not already.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_F7-9Cj73c
alchemist
alchemist
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 525
Registration date : 2009-01-06

Back to top Go down