Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12 inch mono advantage

4 posters

Go down

12 inch mono advantage Empty 12 inch mono advantage

Post  Guest Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:44 pm

havent been detecting for 2 months, got a loan of a nuggetfinder 12 inch mono advantage...........i'll take it out this weekend, are they any good? anyone compared it to an 18 inch mono for depth?

cheers Bill

Back to top Go down

12 inch mono advantage Empty Re: 12 inch mono advantage

Post  delapan Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:53 pm

hi bill, dont worry about the depth, uu wont miss too much with it, uu will be surprised, regards, gary
delapan
delapan
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2008-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonathan Porter Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:38 am

Size is everything for depth, this goes both for the coils and also the targets present. A 12" Mono will probably punch in deeper than an 18" coil on nuggets up to 3 grams (conditions allowing) and at the same time have far better sensitivity to small targets and less proneness to interference but will re-act to some ground noise due to the higher sensitivity. The larger coil on the other hand will handle the surface mineralisation more effectively and have much better depth on the larger targets with the added bonus of more ground covered per sweep in a given time frame.

Below is a picture of some of the small bits I found a few days ago with my Nugget Finder Advantage 18" monoloop using Enhance, as you can see the 18" performs well when driven properly too. cheers

JP

12 inch mono advantage PC020022-1
Jonathan Porter
Jonathan Porter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 801
Registration date : 2008-11-25

http://www.theoutbackprospector.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:38 pm

My 18 inch mono has packed it in after many years of service, probably the best coil ever made.

Back to top Go down

Post  TenOzTed Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:13 pm

So Claimpeg, How did you go with the coil?
Ted
TenOzTed
TenOzTed
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-11-27

Back to top Go down

12 inch mono advantage Empty coils/timings

Post  Smolly Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:04 pm

Jonathan Porter wrote:Size is everything for depth, this goes both for the coils and also the targets present. A 12" Mono will probably punch in deeper than an 18" coil on nuggets up to 3 grams (conditions allowing) and at the same time have far better sensitivity to small targets and less proneness to interference but will re-act to some ground noise due to the higher sensitivity. The larger coil on the other hand will handle the surface mineralisation more effectively and have much better depth on the larger targets with the added bonus of more ground covered per sweep in a given time frame.

Below is a picture of some of the small bits I found a few days ago with my Nugget Finder Advantage 18" monoloop using Enhance, as you can see the 18" performs well when driven properly too. cheers

JP

Jonathon,
I note you were using "enhance'. Is this simply to cut down on the interference? I have found 'normal' punches deeper than 'enhance'
PS

Smolly
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonathan Porter Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:03 am

Smolly wrote:
Jonathon,
I note you were using "enhance'. Is this simply to cut down on the interference? I have found 'normal' punches deeper than 'enhance'
PS

Its all relative, if you are noticing Normal timings are punching deeper than Enhance then obviously the ground is not going to provide an advantage for the Enhance timings. I usually check an area with both timings and prefer to detect in Normal timings when prospecting unless the ground conditions won't allow it (constantly bombarded by ground noise etc). Any sort of signal or noise coming out of your detector other than a target signal is undesirable, removing ground noise is a sure fire way to increase your chances so long as the ground noise reduction method is not detrimental to the overall performance of the detector relative to the performance lost because of the noises generated. In most cases if ground noise is present then Enhance offers a performance/depth gain over other timings.

Hope this helps,

JP
Jonathan Porter
Jonathan Porter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 801
Registration date : 2008-11-25

http://www.theoutbackprospector.com.au

Back to top Go down