Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GARMIN MAP 60CS GPS - DELETING MAPS

3 posters

Go down

GARMIN MAP 60CS GPS - DELETING MAPS Empty GARMIN MAP 60CS GPS - DELETING MAPS

Post  ICEMAN Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:03 pm

I wish to uninstall SHONKY MAPS from my Garmin Map60CS to enable enough memory to install the GARMIN Australia and  New Zealand TOPO MAPS.
However when I connect the GPS to the computer via the USB, the computer does not recognise the device ie I cannot see the GARMIN folder displayed
in WINDOWS EXPLORER .The Map60CS did not come with an installation disk and software as it was bought second hand. Can anyone help please?

ICEMAN
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2010-09-28

Back to top Go down

GARMIN MAP 60CS GPS - DELETING MAPS Empty Re: GARMIN MAP 60CS GPS - DELETING MAPS

Post  Nightjar Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:11 pm

Iceman,
Fairley sure you can load your maps onto the SD card using your computer. ie: Not having to connect your GPS via USB.
Maybe some info here.
https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/on-the-trail/discontinued/gpsmap-60csx/prod310.html

Good luck

Last edited by Nightjar on Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : link)
Nightjar
Nightjar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2689
Registration date : 2008-10-25

https://l.instagram.com/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fusr%2Fka

Back to top Go down

GARMIN MAP 60CS GPS - DELETING MAPS Empty Re: GARMIN MAP 60CS GPS - DELETING MAPS

Post  geof_junk Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:21 pm

Do you have Basecamp or Mapsource on your computer. If so does it see your GPS.
geof_junk
geof_junk
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2008-11-11

Back to top Go down

Post  ICEMAN Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:23 pm

The Map 60CS does not have a SD CARD . The Map 60CSX has the SD card.  The MAP 60CS is recognised by BASECAMP.

ICEMAN
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  geof_junk Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:00 pm

To get a Manual for the Map 60CS Click on the link ........LINK.........

Since Basecamp see your GPS the computer is seeing your GPS OK. The map files are as you say in the Garmin Folder and are of  a ".IMG" type however the SHONKY MAPS  may be in the CustomMaps folder. If you install your new Map with Basecamp it overwrite the main map in the Garmin Folder. In basecamp the Drive letter assigned to your GPS should be displayed, use this drive in WINDOWS EXPLORER  and check out Garmin & CustomMaps folders for the SHONKY MAPS.

Hope this gets you on your way.
geof_junk
geof_junk
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  ICEMAN Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:54 am

GEOFF, thanks but how do I install / delete maps using BASECAMP ? When i connect the 60CS  to BASECAMP I see the device ID and all
the waypoints, tracks etc... but i do not see the GARMIN folder.

ICEMAN
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  geof_junk Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:56 pm

In basecamp the Drive letter assigned to your GPS should be displayed, use this drive in WINDOWS EXPLORER  and check out Garmin & CustomMaps folders

Open Windows Explorer .......... Open Computer ....... Open Drive letter assigned to your GPS(In basecamp) ......Open  Garmin Folder or  CustomMap Folder.

To install TopoMap goto link......CLICK HERE........

If you have no SD/MircoSD Card Slot you will need to get a DVD version of program.
geof_junk
geof_junk
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down