Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are the best setting to run a GPX 4000 in the PIlbra with a 11 dd coil

3 posters

Go down

What are the best setting to run a GPX 4000 in the PIlbra with a 11 dd coil Empty What are the best setting to run a GPX 4000 in the PIlbra with a 11 dd coil

Post  nukilah Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:28 pm

Hi everyone been checking out you forum for a little while. Anyway its great how you all offer your knowledge and expertise. My question is what would be the best setting to set a GPX 4000 for the pilbra with a 11 inch dd coil. I have been looking at getting another coil for it too just have to decide which one would work the best up here. (Might get it for my birthday) My boyfriend has a GPX extreme and has been detecting for 3 years. I usually go with him so i thought maybe i should do it too. So i got a GPX 4000. Have been out with it a few time this year played with the setting a bit but it would be a real help if anyone can give me some ideas what would work the best. It is such a sensitive machine i believe it will be great once we get the setting right. Anyone got any ideas or hints. What are the best setting to run a GPX 4000 in the PIlbra with a 11 dd coil Icon_farao

nukilah

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-06-17

Back to top Go down

What are the best setting to run a GPX 4000 in the PIlbra with a 11 dd coil Empty Re: What are the best setting to run a GPX 4000 in the PIlbra with a 11 dd coil

Post  kon61 Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:52 am

G'day Nukilah.

After auto tuning and ground balancing your machine,(according to your manual), your search mode should be in general,soil timings in normal, Coil/Rx switch in double D(considering you're using the standard double D coil),sweep speed in slow, ground balance switch in fixed,gain, just enough so that your threshold runs smoothly and that your coil runs reasonably quiet and your threshold,just so that it is barely audible to you.Tone,again to suit you.My preference is always on the higher side.
These settings work well for a range of different ground/soil conditions.Keep in mind one thing though,the settings that work well in one area, might not work so well on another due to changes in ground mineralization/or electromagnetic interference etc,etc.
Now,although scarce as hens teeth due to the Sudanese gold rush,(hence the ridiculous prices that some coils are currently fetching) if you're considering another coil,(for all round general purpose use),consider the 17x11 inch Nugget finder Advantage mono coil.It is a dynamite combination coupled to the 4000.If ground coverage or greater depth(on larger targets) isn't much of a concern, you'll find that the 14x9 inch Nugget finder mono or coiltek Gold stalker series,or even the Commander 11 inch round mono,are excellent,light weight,all rounders.

Cheers kon61.
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

What are the best setting to run a GPX 4000 in the PIlbra with a 11 dd coil Empty Re: What are the best setting to run a GPX 4000 in the PIlbra with a 11 dd coil

Post  bebes2k Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:59 am

If you read a few of the other posts on this forum there is some excellent advice for which settings to select depending on where you are and what you are looking for. I agree that my GPX4000 and 11x17 Coiltek mono has been a great combination in the Pilbara. It depends on where you are but somethings I prefer to run in sensitive smooth.

Cheers.

bebes2k
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2010-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:24 am

nukilah hi

the 4000 was built with a mono coil in mind. when i first got my 4000 i was running it with a 14" dd and it was a capable machine but i didn`t think it was much better than my 3000. when i finally got my head around the settings for a mono coil , the 4000 blew the socks the 3000. the last half dozen times i`ve gone out i have been using an old round coiltek mono 11" and i am amazed at the depth that the 11" gets .it is a very light coil , you can use it all day. i would imagine that the new mono`s that were built for the gpx series would be even better.
dave

Back to top Go down