Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hammerhead detector from scratch

2 posters

Go down

Hammerhead detector from scratch Empty Hammerhead detector from scratch

Post  Ronk Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:33 pm

Hi ther eI am building the Hammerhead detector just from the article posted on geotech forum

this is the link to the pdf file
http://www.geotech1.com/pages/metdet/projects/hammerhead/HHv1p5.pdf]hammerhead pdf[/url]

and here is the youtube of my progress so far  
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ya8EKaRfDY0&feature=youtu.be

hammerhead start

Ronk
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2014-09-22

Back to top Go down

Hammerhead detector from scratch Empty Re: Hammerhead detector from scratch

Post  Ronk Mon May 25, 2015 11:07 am

hi guys just got the board working for my home made hammerhead
its been quite difficult due to the options it has for the way to make it , the circuit is quite open ended and i am doing a lot of reading trying to figure out how things work
here is a video of my board working and testing it on the bench it does detect gold but it wouldnt when i first got it going .
cheers Ronk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8Xaozsv7IY

Ronk
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronk Thu May 28, 2015 3:05 pm

Last entry on this detector

this is an experimental detector at best I have been able to get it quite sensitive and it will detect .5grm no worries at about 2 inches maybe even better than that , however in it's current design i seriously doubt you could use it successfully on a difficult target in the field

I think i would like to redesign it quite a bit to make it useful . it is certainly in the realms of being as good as my sd2100 and on my little 4" test coil is picking up a target that we found with the 2100 at rokewood vic and doing a better job of it than the sd2100

my idea now it to design a version of this and make it better and then perhaps sell it as a kit , it would be a good entry level detector and will find gold for sure

cheers Ron

Ronk
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  bonacini Fri May 29, 2015 7:37 am

Hey Ron I like the idea of building your own detector I've been keen on this,
Just with a few other guys that built there own and we're pretty sensitive on
Bench test but once they got them in the field they were unable to use them
As the medium and hot ground could not be handled by it, does the hammerhead
Have a ground balancing circuit? I have not looked at your video or the link yet, I will but
Thought I would query you on that, as it is still a big interest for me in build my own from
A kit.

Cheers mike

bonacini
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2015-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronk Sat May 30, 2015 3:10 pm

its design gives it ground exclusion you need to look at the circuits it has auto tracking but no adjustable ground balance

my problems with it is the audio and the way it sounds when finding fine gold if you just wanted it for beach detecting it would be brilliant but for gold you need to be able to accentuate the subtle differences that small or deep gold gives and when i get it up working flat out there is quite a bit of background noise but the sensitivity is there

I went to an old gold mine near home and collected some dirt in an ice-cream container and sat the coil on that . but i can tell it is not like WA goldfields so i need to get some WA dirt for testing or perhaps some high ironstone content from vic not sure where would be good for that

my intention is to make up modules , so it will allow for simple upgrades in the future and then people can invent their own specialty modules to offer owners
of these . I think the most likely customers would be old minelab machines that have everything except some new works so thinking sd2000 sd2100 and sd2200 owners would be potential customers

Ronk
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down