Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORD GOLD - CUSTOMER FEEDBACK FROM AU

+8
Narrawa
Redfin
ttrash
mulgadansa
Digginerup
Hotrocks
rc62burke
Gold Miner
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

FORD GOLD - CUSTOMER FEEDBACK FROM AU Empty FORD GOLD - CUSTOMER FEEDBACK FROM AU

Post  Nokta Detectors Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:23 am

Nokta team received the following message and images from a FORS Gold user in AU and we are sharing them with you.

''Up at the old gold fields in Slatey Creek Creswick, vic.
1st time to actually use this baby since buying from Brad at Aussie Detecting in Bendigo.
The Nokta Fors Gold has suprised me big time. It actually picked up these 2 small nuggets that were under neath some metal trash roughly 25 inches in the ground.1st time out and one very happy customer. Well done Nokta this machjne lives up to its reputation. Thanks, Thomas.

FORD GOLD - CUSTOMER FEEDBACK FROM AU F2
FORD GOLD - CUSTOMER FEEDBACK FROM AU F3
FORD GOLD - CUSTOMER FEEDBACK FROM AU F4
Nokta Detectors
Nokta Detectors
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2014-11-06

Back to top Go down

FORD GOLD - CUSTOMER FEEDBACK FROM AU Empty Re: FORD GOLD - CUSTOMER FEEDBACK FROM AU

Post  Gold Miner Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:04 am

Two foot down???? No way!!!
Gold Miner
Gold Miner
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 648
Registration date : 2012-09-28

Back to top Go down

FORD GOLD - CUSTOMER FEEDBACK FROM AU Empty Re: FORD GOLD - CUSTOMER FEEDBACK FROM AU

Post  rc62burke Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:51 am

geek flower V02 V04 V15 V11 V17 V21 V27 V53 V58 T02 T12 T22 T22 & too much T31 T31 T29
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Redfin Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:48 am

Nokta Detectors wrote:It actually picked up these 2 small nuggets that were under neath some metal trash roughly 25 inches in the ground

Wow, now we have a detector that is better than every minelab ever made.
Hail the new KING of detectors.
Redfin
Redfin
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 679
Registration date : 2013-02-26

Back to top Go down

FORD GOLD - CUSTOMER FEEDBACK FROM AU Empty Ford gold..Customer feedback from AU

Post  Hotrocks Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:16 pm

I think that Fors Gold user borrowed Dodgies rubber ruler (The one that came standard with the QED)

Hotrocks
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Digginerup Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:24 pm

scratch 25 inch's down! ..  Suspect Really Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes ....  scratch I wonder what it is I am doing wrong, perhaps I'm wasting my time with an old minelab machine, any other Nokta owners want to share their experiences?.

Wayne. cheers
Digginerup
Digginerup
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2399
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Narrawa Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:13 pm

Could be just a typo??...maybe its meant to read 2.5"???.

Their detectors have the display screen mounted on the control box which is suited to right handed operators...i just read the other day they are willing to custom build you a unit if your left handed....cant be all that bad if they actually listen to their customers wants and needs, and act on it.

Did Minelab offer to rectify any of the SDC ergonomics.?
Never heard back from Whites in regards to certain units being built with the volume and gain control as separate functions. GMT, MXT, and a list of others.
Fisher did the same with X amount of units...gain and volume as one control...up the gain and you upped the volume...how stupid and cheap is this idea.?

Having read a heap of posts on Nokta, and how their VLF units are doing compared to some of the other manufactures top of the line units, has got me interested. If their given a fair go, we might see some PI units worthy of consideration.??

From what iv read thus far, Nokta are listening....im interested in a manufacturer thats listening, and have now decided not to purchase a Fisher VLF unit i was looking at due to the feedback on the Nokta range.

Steve Herschbach posted that he was not all that fussed on testing this mobs detectors, now he's glad he did. How things change if we let change in.???

I'll be putting my GMT on the market as i edge closer to a decision.
Narrawa
Narrawa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1885

http://australiangoldfields.freeforums.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:26 pm

Ok they obviously had to dig this trash signal out at what depth???  Then put the coil back over/in the dug hole and received another signal which was these 2 little nuggies.  Sounds ok to me as I have done this same thing on several occasions.  Whether I would have heard those nuggies if the trash target had not been there is another thing though.  scratch   Congrats to the finder and thanks for sharing.  Very Happy

Cheers.

Mike.

Back to top Go down

Post  Nokta Detectors Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:35 pm

The customer made a typo and wrote inches instead of cms so it should be 25 cms.
Nokta Detectors
Nokta Detectors
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  rc62burke Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:40 pm

Nokta Detectors wrote:The customer made a typo and wrote inches instead of cms so it should be 25 cms.

Now that is a bit more believable.

I would recommend when posting results from your clients, that you verify & cross check the info, you do not want to potentially damage your reputation with false statements!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Nokta Detectors Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:48 pm

rc62burke wrote:
Nokta Detectors wrote:The customer made a typo and wrote inches instead of cms so it should be 25 cms.

Now that is a bit more believable.

I would recommend when posting results from your clients, that you verify & cross check the info, you do not want to potentially damage your reputation with false statements!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are right, we should have and sorry for that....we just copy and paste customer messages and never edit them and we do not use inches over here, just cms, so we missed it...  ... sorry once again...
Nokta Detectors
Nokta Detectors
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Gold Miner Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:41 pm

Give the detector to a reputable, non brand specific operator.....

We will have a great opinion then, no??

I suggest, Aurumpro..............

(think I spelt it wrong...)
Gold Miner
Gold Miner
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 648
Registration date : 2012-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Nokta Detectors Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:49 pm

We offered test units to people on 3 different forums and picked out some testers in different areas already. We are waiting for the reviews.
Nokta Detectors
Nokta Detectors
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  mulgadansa Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:11 am

I'm with you Narrawa. I've been keeping my eye on it on some other forums for a while now and it sounds very interesting. For around only $1400 it's probably worth a shot. I'd love to see one in the flesh operating, not much chance over here but.
cheers
Brett
mulgadansa
mulgadansa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 525
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Narrawa Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:07 pm

It has manual GB, like the GMT and V3i in WA soils, you can manipulate the GB to function pretty well. But that doesn't mean its going to perform......bit like GBing over a sheet of iron. Hot rocks can be taken out of the equation, but that leaves little room for finding anything at depth. But very handy for the trash ares...and as you know, there are plenty of those areas in WA yet to be properly detected.

@15khz, the Nokta should function well in our nasty soils....the MXT on 14khz works ok, but lacks the manual GB which helps tame the ground when your able to select a -/+ GB range. The GMT is able to do this but due to its high frequency, is unable to knock out hotrocks to any advantage. The MXT is till usable tho in areas not so littered with hot rocks....if thats at all possible in WA soil. Laughing

Be interested to read the reports on the Nokta from our soils....but me being me, wouldn't pay much attention to the reporter unless i knew him/her. Im over the bias reports, you have to be a no brand name operator to tell it like it is before i pay much attention. Today thats as rare as rocking horse sh!t, people will defend their purchase even if its a lemon.
Narrawa
Narrawa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

FORD GOLD - CUSTOMER FEEDBACK FROM AU Empty FORS GOLD

Post  ttrash Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:19 pm

There is one being tested in NSW this week
ttrash
ttrash
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 662
Registration date : 2011-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Redfin Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:20 pm

ttrash wrote:There is one being tested in NSW this week
Then they should chuck into the back of the ute and head west, via the GT
Redfin
Redfin
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 679
Registration date : 2013-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:14 pm

I'm pretty keen to see a review from someone that we all know. I've been looking for a vlf to use in some trashy areas for a while.
I seen your post on the other forums, no offense but most of the people who responded couldn't find gold in a bank vault.
I agree with the above suggestion , send one to Aurumpro and let him do a review for us.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:05 pm

What about you goldgeo, I reckon you would make excellent tester in W.A
Also Aurumpro

Back to top Go down

Post  Narrawa Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:28 pm

Goldgeo wrote:I'm pretty keen to see a review from someone that we all know.  I've been looking for a vlf to use in some trashy areas for a while.
I seen your post on the other forums, no offense but most of the people who responded couldn't find gold in a bank vault.
I agree with the above suggestion , send one to Aurumpro and let him do a review for us.
Yeah not sure here Geo.??.....was this me or someone else.? scratch

If you want the real low down on certain VLFs, read more of the yank/UK forums where VLFs are still very popular...add a little to their findings to compensate for our ground and you should get a pretty good picture of how its going to function here.

When i was in the market for my VLFs, thats where i turned to armed with knowing our ground is a little heavier. Still, i think i made the right choice selecting one of if not, the hardest VLF to tame to date. The information i gained was not from anyone on this side of the pond, as unfortunate as that is, we over here spend more time with the PIs.

I troll the ozy forums looking for the one who stands out when it comes to VLFs. What i can tell you is, he's not on this forum.

However on the forum link below, you will find folks who know what their talking about.
http://www.dankowskidetectors.com/discussions/list.php?2
Narrawa
Narrawa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:14 pm

Nah mate, I wasn't referring to you.  You would make a good tester also.
I've read Steve's review, would be keen to see how they go in WA though.

Back to top Go down

Post  Narrawa Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:40 am

No probs mate.
From what iv seen with my own VLFs in WA, the Nokta in the right hands will have no probs in the trashy spots.
The ground around Kal up as far as Lienster gave little hassle to the VLFs i took with me this season gone. Yet they were mostly used in a disc mode(GMT excluded).....AM mode will test your patience long before any skill is tested. Laughing

Narrawa
Narrawa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:35 pm

It's bloody painful using a GMT up here where I detect, too many hot rocks in all the spots I get specis.
Was hoping that a lower frequency vlf like this may be quiet enough to ignore the hot rocks but still get specis, although I haven't seen a detector yet that can do this, the SDC is the only thing that comes close but alas no discrimination.
Tried the 3030 out, it had great discrimination but couldn't detect most of my test specis.

I don't think there is any detector that can do what I'm after but was interested to see how the nokta performed.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack outwest Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:16 pm

Goldgeo wrote:
I don't think there is any detector that can do what I'm after but was interested to see how the nokta performed.

Hello T ,

The only VLF gold detector that would do what you need is the hard to get Tesoro Diablo uMax , has a separate hot rock balance feature that works well  in threshold ( buzz ) all metal .

Check out the reviews to see why they are so sort after .

Yep I've got one  Smile
Jack .
Jack outwest
Jack outwest
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1399
Registration date : 2012-09-30

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldHound Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:05 pm

Hi guys i'dd happily give it a test I have been watching this detector with interest, and i just got back to nsw from my trip north and I haven't sold any of my booty from the trip yet so I got thousands of nuggets ranging from a fly sh!t size to multy ozes to use for testing............well for the time being until I have to sell em all Sad
I would buy one but I have reservations as I have tested the golden king when i was in europe treasure hunting and it did not live up to noktas performance claims in fact it fell WAY short of the claims and demo video's.
But after steves positive review I am now looking with interest.
I wonder how it will handle our Ozzy soil conditions scratch
GoldHound
GoldHound
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 547
Registration date : 2014-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Nokta Detectors Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:56 pm

Hello...thank you very much for your interest in the FORS...
Regarding the Golden King - This device was made more than 8 years ago. It is really different than conventional metal detectors and it is not the easiest device to use. It is only ideal for larger and deeper buried treasures. It will not work good with smaller targets as that is not what it was made for so some people love it and some cannot work with it.
In all terms, comparing the King to FORS would be comparing oranges to apples.
Different logic, different technology, different user and purpose...
Now regarding FORS - there are 3 being tested in different parts of AU right now in addition to the units sold.
Should we decide to send more testing units, we will let you know.
Nokta Detectors
Nokta Detectors
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:14 pm

Should we decide to send more testing units, we will let you know.[/quote]

AURUMPRO would be your best bet in testing your Fors Gold Detector.
He's your AU Man both ways............. cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Narrawa Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:47 am

Sent Nokta Detectors a PM in regards to their Fors Gold and whether or not the unit is voltage regulated like the Minelab PIs.....no answer.?

Something that i find interesting, yet little discussion on the merits of regulated power supplies in the VLF world.? Something we have become use to not having to worry about with the Minelab PIs of late, and we all know the benefits of having a well regulated battery, and that is...performance right up till the end.
Narrawa
Narrawa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Nokta Detectors Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:59 pm

Narrawa wrote:Sent Nokta Detectors a PM in regards to their Fors Gold and whether or not the unit is voltage regulated like the Minelab PIs.....no answer.?

Something that i find interesting, yet little discussion on the merits of regulated power supplies in the VLF world.? Something we have become use to not having to worry about with the Minelab PIs of late, and we all know the benefits of having a well regulated battery, and that is...performance right up till the end.

Hello and sorry to respond late...engineers confirmed that there is voltage regulation in FORS.

Nokta Detectors
Nokta Detectors
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldHound Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:22 pm

Nokta Detectors wrote:Hello...thank you very much for your interest in the FORS...
Regarding the Golden King - This device was made more than 8 years ago. It is really different than conventional metal detectors and it is not the easiest device to use. It is only ideal for larger and deeper buried treasures. It will not work good with smaller targets as that is not what it was made for so some people love it and some cannot work with it.
In all terms, comparing the King to FORS would be comparing oranges to apples.
Different logic, different technology, different user and purpose...
Now regarding FORS - there are 3 being tested in different parts of AU right now in addition to the units sold.
Should we decide to send more testing units, we will let you know.

I wasn't drawing a comparison between the detectors I was only telling the other members of my past experiences with nokta products so that the other good members of this great forum can make a informed desision when considering spending their hard earned money on a nokta product.

I put down a deposit and tested your golden king detector with one of your dealers in Europe.
I am an expirenced treasure hunter many good finds under my belt and we gave it 2 days in 3 different locations on targets that we buried like a bronze roman dagger a large silver bracelet a pot full of ancient bronze and silver coins about 5 kg in weight and many more.
It should have easily found these targets as we could easily find them with our vlf's as we didn't bury them very deep.
And your advertising and demo video's showed it finding targets just like them in size and giving you a picture of the shape of them.
We tryed the drag coils too, on a pice of cast iron pipe 100mm x 1m that we buryed in sand at about a meter also with no success.
Yet both the garrett infinitum and gpx 4800 picked it up no probs.
GoldHound
GoldHound
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 547
Registration date : 2014-01-06

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next