Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi from a newbie

4 posters

Go down

Hi from a newbie Empty Hi from a newbie

Post  Eagle 42 Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:32 pm

Thought it was time to join the forum.Thanks to Cadian who invited me to the get together that Wombat. Q38  Organized,thanks to Bill and members that made me most welcome.I had a great weekend even though I found no gold.V12
Cheers Terry Q27
Eagle 42
Eagle 42

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2014-11-09

Back to top Go down

Hi from a newbie Empty Re: Hi from a newbie

Post  Guest Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:47 pm

G'day Terry and welcome to the forum, sorry to hear you had no luck on the Cup W/E get together. It was great to catch up again since our first trip to WA (2007) when we first met up.  Hope you enjoy the forum as there is plenty of good info to be read and many knowledgable members as well.  Looking forward to hear some of your reports.

Cheers.

Mike.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:50 pm

Hi Terry and welcome to the forum.

With Wombat and the co you can only have a best time.Plenty members willing to share and help.

As for a gold it is a funny game, just get in fine tune with your surroundings, your machine your mind and it will happen.

Remember low and slow and pay attention to all sound.
And DIGG EVERYTHING.
Don't be afraid to ask any questions, there is not such a thing as a stupid question. Smile

You can use search button in right hand corner and explore any gold topic you are interested in.
Good luck gold hunting.

What detector are you using?

GoldEN

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:52 pm

Hi Terry..
Welcome aboard..  T23

Isn't it a small world.. We met in 2007, and thanks to Dave ( Cadian ) we met up again..
Thanks Dave.
Hopefully it won't be another seven years before we catch up again..

Last edited by Jen58 on Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Add more)

Back to top Go down

Post  TTT Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:00 pm

Hi Terry welcome to the forum was great to meet you cup weekend sorry you were unable to find any gold but I'm sure you found a three pence that many would love and envy the find look forward to catching up soon cheers Terry

TTT
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 419
Registration date : 2012-05-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Cadian Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:15 pm

Welcome Aboard Terry Q31 .We should have some good times in the future Q21 ,hopefully we will find gold next time, that is if young Mike does not find it all.You will have to keep home Jen so there be some for us.
Cheers Dave. Q39
Cadian
Cadian
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 372
Registration date : 2013-11-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Cadian Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:19 pm

Cadian wrote:Welcome Aboard Terry:Q31: .We should have some good times in the future:Q21: ,hopefully we will find gold next time, that is if young Mike does not find it all.You will have to keep home Jen so there be some for us.
Cheers Dave. Q39

Why does my emoticons not always work.This has happened on quiet a few occasions.
Cheers Dave. Q39
Cadian
Cadian
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:16 pm

Cadian wrote:
Cadian wrote:Welcome Aboard Terry Q31 .We should have some good times in the future Q21 ,hopefully we will find gold next time, that is if young Mike does not find it all.You will have to keep home Jen so there be some for us.
Cheers Dave. Q39

Why does my emoticons not always work.This has happened on quiet a few occasions.
Cheers Dave. Q39

G'day Dave,

You need to have a space either side of the emoticons for them to work. I fixed them up for you. Very Happy

Cheers.

Mike.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:28 pm

Hey Dave ( Cadian)

Keep him at home!! affraid
Q25   Q25   Q25

Gee you crack me up Dave.. I don't think wild horses could stop him..
He went out today with an old work mate.. ( Laurie )
He found two little nuggies.. 6grams worth.. Laurie  Nil Crying or Very sad

Hi Hellen Q39

Back to top Go down

Post  Cadian Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:45 pm

Thanks Mike for the info, T01  I new it would be me stuffing it up. V46 Gee I am good at this now  T18

Hi Jen, Helen sends her regards,will drop in for a coffee next time we come through.  T06

Cheers Dave  Q39
Cadian
Cadian
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:15 pm

No worries Dave...
You know where we are Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:44 pm

Hi Terry, as the others have already said "Welcome to the site mate" It was a real pleasure meeting you over the Cup Weekend and I'm glad that you had a great time as we did with your company. It was a real pitty that no gold came your way over the weekend. But in saying that, there is a rule or law here in Victoria that say's "No Gold is a allowed to leave Victoria or go over any boarder's of Victoria." So mate if you found any gold you would have had to hand it over to one of us Victorians or put it back in the ground and mark the spot. Rolling Eyes Sorry about that mate but the law is the law scratch The next time you come over you'll have to put on Vic number plates on your car. That may work Twisted Evil
wombat Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  goldenhero Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:04 am

Hi Terry , Welcome to the forum , good luck swinging mate ..cheers Mick

goldenhero
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 532
Registration date : 2012-12-19

Back to top Go down