Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gpx sounds

3 posters

Go down

Gpx sounds Empty Gpx sounds

Post  Pixulator Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:25 pm

High to low and low to high frequency... Is the detector trying to tell me something?

Some targets give a rising tone while others give a downward signal.

Another related question can someone please give advice on pin pointing with the gpx stock mono? I have seen videos where people use the edge of the coil to locate the target in a hole.. I have been trying but the signals confuse me

Detecting for 3 weeks.

Thanks
Pixulator
Pixulator
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2014-09-23

Back to top Go down

Gpx sounds Empty Re: Gpx sounds

Post  Guest Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:59 pm

G'day Pixulator

You have spent a good deal of money on your detector now my advice is to spend another couple of hundred bucks and do a training secession, there are a few to choose from.

It's the quickest way to learn, either that or get someone to go out with you for free and show you the ropes.

It's gonna take a long time trying to explain everything to you here from scratch.

There are 4 different GPX models each with a bit different setups, which one do you have?

By one of you other posts it looks like you can find plenty of nails and a few pieces of lead, the big pieces of lead will most likely give a low/ /high tone on the signal, the nails if one at a time will most likely give a high/low tone, if they were all in the same hole then it would have been a very loud signal. affraid

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  deutran Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:18 pm

Hi Pixulator
As there are so many variations to targets only practise will really teach you.
If the target is large near the surface switch to cancel it will help,if the signal disappears its large deep.
You can always bury a few targets and using the edge and the coil tilted approach from different sides.
Distorted or broken signals usually mean ferrous.Drop tones can sometimes indicate high conductivity or solid masses of conductive material at depth.Unfortunately there is no clear cut answers so everything is dug up and checked.Sometimes gold can come in the form of ironstone specimens which sound re-markedly like junk.
The shape and size of your coil will also affect the target response such as elliptical being sensitive at the tip or close to.The orientation of the target can also effect the apparent position such as a coin on an angle.
Good luck and keep practising.
deutran
deutran
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2009-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  joe82 Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:43 am

when in doubt dig it out!!! my first ever bit of gold I found with a sd2000 and it sounded like junk and it wasn't!!!

joe82
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1156
Registration date : 2013-07-02

Back to top Go down