Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wet Ground

3 posters

Go down

Wet Ground Empty Wet Ground

Post  Kunnara Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:59 pm

Hey folks...In light of the recent rain we have had around here I thought I would ask if it makes a difference whether wet ground helps or hinders detecting...I have a 4500 and have never had it out after rain and was just curious...

Cheers...Kunnara

Kunnara
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2013-12-22

Back to top Go down

Wet Ground Empty Re: Wet Ground

Post  kon61 Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:44 pm

G'day Kunnara.

This has been a question of debate on more than one occasion in the past.Some say that saturated wet ground conditions,help enhance depth on positive targets,whilst others say,it exasperates the effects of ground noise,leading to excessive ground noise coil/instability.My experiences here within the Golden Triangle soils of Victoria is that,saturated wet ground conditions enhance depth on positive targets where ground is found to be low in mineralization,but in areas with pockets of highly mineralized ground or variably changing mineralized ground conditions,not only did I find the ground to be noisier than when the ground was dry (regardless of the type of coil used),but hot rocks that were once laying dormant or non existent to being picked up by the coil,have somehow come to life and giving off signals just like positive targets would do. These findings are only my encounters and might be different to other peoples findings within different states/soils.

Cheers Kon. T25
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Wet Ground Empty Re: Wet Ground

Post  mardymoose Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:45 pm

Gday Kunnara
went prospecting last week in the golden triangle and found what looked like a good spot
there had been lot of rain and the ground was very wet
found that there were a lot of false signals and as mentioned hot rocks giving off good signals as well
we dug a lot of holes for nothing however on the upside we got a good signal and dug it for a 1.8 grammer
so over all my thoughts would be that it does seem to make the soil throw off more false signals, but perseverance can pay off
just my thoughts
mardymoose  Smile 

mardymoose
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2012-04-03

Back to top Go down