Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wet ground vs dry ground.

Go down

Wet ground vs dry ground. Empty Wet ground vs dry ground.

Post  sebtones Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:57 pm

Heres a noob question, after all the rain i'm really keen to get out and go bush with my detector. Will the wet ground make any difference on its perfomance(GP3500), is there any noticeable difference between detecting in wet and dry ground, is there any changes that i should be making to the settings on my detector to help? Thanks!
sebtones
sebtones
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2012-07-29

Back to top Go down

Wet ground vs dry ground. Empty Re: Wet ground vs dry ground.

Post  Guest Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:15 pm

Hi
In the triangle the ground gets noisier when its wet.When the top drys out and moisture is in the lower layers ,conditions are ideal for picking up those feint signals that where masked by the noisier ground.
Cheers Dig

Back to top Go down

Wet ground vs dry ground. Empty Re: Wet ground vs dry ground.

Post  sebtones Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:47 pm

I went out yesterday after a full days rain and with the mono coil the ground really seemed to overwhelm the detector(top 2cm's very damp, dry underneath), pushing the coil to the ground it would let out a howl and also alot more hot rock signals than the same ground when dry. I don't know why i didn't take the DD, with the mono i had to give up after 15mins, kinda like the "mono hell" on JP's DVD.
sebtones
sebtones
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2012-07-29

Back to top Go down