Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best Detector for Beach/Land under $1500

2 posters

Go down

Best Detector for Beach/Land under $1500 Empty Best Detector for Beach/Land under $1500

Post  Fringe Dweller Tue May 27, 2014 7:01 pm

Hi All,

I am new to the art of detecting and am currently considering buying a detector for under $1500.

I want one that will give me results in both beach combing (including knee deep water)  and gold fields..

I live in the Newcastle area - so I have the Dubbo area and surrounds for prospecting as well as easy access to beaches and parks.

I want to buy new for warranty purposes.

Feel free to share your thoughts on this dilemma for me.

Cheers
Fringe Dweller
Fringe Dweller
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2014-05-27

Back to top Go down

Best Detector for Beach/Land under $1500 Empty Re: Best Detector for Beach/Land under $1500

Post  kon61 Tue May 27, 2014 7:51 pm

G'day Fringe Dweller,welcome to the forum.

For the price you wish to pay and what you intend searching for,I'd consider the Garret A/T Pro (sports pack).Good value for money and a good all rounder.Not specifically designed for gold in mineralised soils,but as a VLF,it handles mineralization quite well,as it does wet beach sands.

Cheers Kon. What a Face 
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Best Detector for Beach/Land under $1500 Empty Re: Best Detector for Beach/Land under $1500

Post  Fringe Dweller Thu May 29, 2014 6:17 pm

Cheers Kon,

I am a little bit overwhelmed by the choices on offer and different detector types.

I will definitely give it a look at.
Fringe Dweller
Fringe Dweller
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2014-05-27

Back to top Go down