Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where can I get a good map of open crown land in the Pilbara?

Go down

Where can I get a good map of open crown land in the Pilbara? Empty Where can I get a good map of open crown land in the Pilbara?

Post  danintheoutback Sun May 11, 2014 3:42 am

Hello,

I am new to prospecting and am getting a metal detector soon from an old friend's Dad that can no longer go prospecting any more.

Where can I legally go in the Pilbara? I believe that I can prospect on open crown land.

Where do I get a decent map of the Pilbara that I can use when I am out there looking for a good spot?

There are so many stations out here that cover thousands of acres and do not know how hard it will be to get permission.

I know that so people out there prefer to go on private land, but I would not like to deal with that just yet.

Can anyone give me any help in finding a map, that would be great.

Have a great day and find a good nugget,

Dan Smith

danintheoutback

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2014-05-11

Back to top Go down

Where can I get a good map of open crown land in the Pilbara? Empty Re: Where can I get a good map of open crown land in the Pilbara?

Post  Guest Sun May 11, 2014 9:23 am

G'day Dan and welcome to the forum. In WA the best maps that I know of that shows up Crown Land is Tengraph through DMP. Here is link to the Government of Western Australia Department of Mines and Petrolium. These maps show you all mining leases as well as crown Lands.

http://www.dmp.wa.gov.au/3980.aspx

Back to top Go down